• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gasp... Quick question about downloading Uo:KR.......

G

Er,.. Gasp...
How did you guys download the KR client ? Did you use GetRight ???????
Im afraid Ill need something like that because, with this pathetic connection, its gonna take at least 67574387 days to download 2 GB ! :{

Any tips ?

Another quick question... Since I will never be able to use UOAssist again, is it possible to make macros such as targetself and last target using the mouse rolling button ?
Also, will I be able to use UOAM without UOA ???? :[

G

Don't do it WyRm!!

I downloaded KR from Fileplanet, and used their download manager utility. Took several hours using the free servers, but with the download manager you can just walk away and let it go, and not worry about having to start over due to conn issues.

I have heard KR has a lot of macro options, but so far, especially for PvPers, the scoop seems to be that it doesn't match UOA in functionality yet.

As far as I know, UOAM does not work with KR at all.

-Skylark

A

AntiOTF

Yes I used to use the ouse scroll button for target self in my pally days, I now use it to block bola attempts. And yes you can still use uoam without uoa. But if i catch you out using KR, you're toast! LOL

Why can you never use uoa again?

G

Eeeep, no idea how to download it best, I have just some things what is possible, so that you dont get frustrated perhaps when you start it and all is different.

If you want to try playing with KR then you can make macros to cast spells with certain keys, drink potions, have also the last target option and this stuff. If you want to use an item, a skill or spell you can put it all into a hotbar and assign a hotkey for it. Dont forget to choose in the hotbar if you want to target yourself, the current target or if you want to get a targetting cursor. You can also put gold, weight, resists in the hotbar to see the number. Same with reagents. So you wont see it at the top of the screen but where you put your hotbars.

If you dont like the look or to press return before chatting you can change to legacy look and legacy chat. You can also change the look of containers to legacy.

You can scale the play window into the size you want to have or use fullscreen. It wont be possible to use UOAM but you can see the party member on the map. You can customize the map which icon should show what, like where your corpse is, which icon you want to show healers and so on.

Here is all detailed to read:
http://www.uostuff.com/index.php?title=Kingdom_Reborn_Client_User_Guide

G

ANTI OTF, no matter what I do, I cant fix my UOA...Hell, I even formatted computer... It always gets stuck at "verifying account" after the message of Data stream error appears on my screen.... If at least I could somehow disable this pop up message, perhaps I could bypass this issue !

EEEEEEEPPPPP Guess I will leave my computer on this week downloading this horrible UO:KR ! :[
Guess I must say farewell to both UOA and UOAM then :_[

EEEEEEP ROWENA.,., This is so horrible :{{{ Cant believe this happened... I did absolutely nothing... I never installed anything new.. My UOA always worked perfectly.. Then, all of a sudden, after downloading latest UO patch, my UOA stopped working forever.... This is too much bad luck !

P

pikon198

UO god punished you for killing his loyal blue servants!

G

LOL its fun to watch you freak out Wyrm. all i know is there MUST be a reason you are having troubles with UOA. Start a checklist and go over it, you gotta be missing something.

G

Alas, poor WyRm!

I would not wish this punishment on the worst enemy of KSS... oh, right.... *grins*

The download is HUGE. The patches are also gargantuan.
I would suggest, in order to reduce your pain, find someone amongst your friends whom you trust with your secret identity, and have them post you a few CDs or DVDs. Make sure it's someone who knows which files NOT to send you (account-related, etc) and knows what registry settings to export, too.

Alternately, find a nice, thick book to read while downloading. "War and Peace" is a good start, but that will probably only take you 1/3 of the way through the download. The collected works of the Tolkien family might take you most of the way to the end after that...

Alternately, re-initialise your hard drive (low-level format), and try again!