• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Gargyoles get higher unraveling ingredients on slightly less mods

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an FYI,

I worked up imbuing to 100 on a newbie Gargoyle character. At 100 I was imbuing an exceptional plate suneate with 13 rpd and I believe 3lrc. When I unraveled the suneate after nine lrc attempts I was getting an enchanted essence.

I then soul stoned the skill over to its permenant character, an elf who will later be turned into a gargoyle. Continuing the skill as an elf (after eating a 120 imbuing) I went along with imbuing the suneates. However, when I unraveled the suneate after 9 attemps I got magical residue instead of enchanted essence. When I was finally imbuing the suneate with 13 rpd and 6lrc (I believe it was six) I started getting enchanted essences from unraveling.

So...it would seem that gargoyles can obtain the next level ingredient from unraveling on slightly less modded items.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Y

Yalp

I haven't worked mine up that high yet, but I thought the notes said Gargs have an inherent bonus with imbuing and I assume it also means for unraveling too... but someone check me if I am wrong.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression (and have seen through the imbuing menu) that Gargyoles have a percentage bonus to Imbue. I was not aware of them having any benefits with unraveling. However, if what I have seen holds true, apparently they can unravel lesser items into the higher resources. I'll have to get on test sometime and try this out to be sure of the numbers.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I would say that you have exceeded the total intensity for enchanted essence.

According to Basaras list you get enchanted essence if you unravel items with total intensity above 200.

Your unravelled item,suneate.
property,weight,intensity,weighted intensity.

Mage armor,1.4 ,100% , 140%
ReflectPD ,1.0 ,13/15, 87%
LRC ,1.0 ,6/20 , 30%
Total intensity 140%+87%+30%=257%

Yes,that should give you enchanted essence.

Regards
The Scandinavian

F

Fink

Does the durability of the item factor into how much material is recovered? I noticed on some exceptional oak bows I got 2 residue, 3 on others.