• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Gargoyle vs. human artificer

Calla Lily

Journeyman
I do have a gargoyle, but I’d much rather put imbuing on my mage crafter who has 120 free skill points to use (she’s dropping spirit speak, which she only had for roleplaying reasons.) I know gargies have a higher success rate for imbuing, but is it really a noticeable difference over a human?

She’s completed the artificer quests in Ter Mur and gotten loyalty points for the Queen. Does she need more than the 25 points she has, and if so, where does she get them?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it's only about a 3% greater success chance, IIRC, for being a gargoyle. I personally prefer the heavier carry capacity of being human.

it takes 10,000 loyalty points for placing a house, IIRC, but it's been so long since I made my artificer that I can't remember whether it was 5000 or 10000 to use the queen's soulforge.

The quick way is to kill lots of sliths for loyalty, and harvest the leather for doing tailor crafting (regular sliths are regular leather, stone sliths are spined, and toxic sliths are horned). A human using a harvester's blade (from the huntsman challenge in Yew, or the old giant turkey events) gets 13 cut leather per slith, compared to an elf or garg using a normal tool only getting 10 leather (and as hides, unless using a butcher's war cleaver or equipped skinning knife). They also can have the parchment or pottery fragments on the corpses for the Axem museum quests, that also give loyalty points and imbuing supplies.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
it's only about a 3% greater success chance, IIRC, for being a gargoyle. I personally prefer the heavier carry capacity of being human.

it takes 10,000 loyalty points for placing a house, IIRC, but it's been so long since I made my artificer that I can't remember whether it was 5000 or 10000 to use the queen's soulforge.

The quick way is to kill lots of sliths for loyalty, and harvest the leather for doing tailor crafting (regular sliths are regular leather, stone sliths are spined, and toxic sliths are horned). A human using a harvester's blade (from the huntsman challenge in Yew, or the old giant turkey events) gets 13 cut leather per slith, compared to an elf or garg using a normal tool only getting 10 leather (and as hides, unless using a butcher's war cleaver or equipped skinning knife). They also can have the parchment or pottery fragments on the corpses for the Axem museum quests, that also give loyalty points and imbuing supplies.
Okay, thanks for the info! Does the Meager Imbuing Bag have a purpose?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm Confused i thought you had to be a Gargoyle to use imbuing ?? as a side whine if you can be human to use it and Mystic why cant humans use throwing ??

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Also, Queens Soul Forge is 10k loyalty.
That’s a lot of loyalty!

I’m at 95.0 now on my way to 120.0. Any idea how many reflective wolf eyes I’ll need to get there? I’m still imbuing reflect physical damage on heavy jingasas. Should I be doing something else at this point?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You shouldn't be imbuing ANYTHING that requires special ingredients for training. EVER.

If you get close to the point to where such ingredients would start, you then go to that as the first imbue, then imbue ANOTHER PROPERTY for the 2nd-20th imbues in training.

For example, doing RPD, if you get up to the max level without using Reflective wolf Eyes.

First imbue: Imbue that level of RPD
Second Imbue (through the message after 20 successes): Imbue something else (LRC or Luck are good for this) on the same item at a level that gets you into the optimum gain range for imbuing. This reduces your materials cost considerably, as now you're no repeating something that costs 1 residue(or essence)/1 gem, 1/2, 1/3, 2/4 etc. 19+ times instead of using 8-10 gems plus special ingredients 20 times.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
You shouldn't be imbuing ANYTHING that requires special ingredients for training. EVER.

If you get close to the point to where such ingredients would start, you then go to that as the first imbue, then imbue ANOTHER PROPERTY for the 2nd-20th imbues in training.

For example, doing RPD, if you get up to the max level without using Reflective wolf Eyes.

First imbue: Imbue that level of RPD
Second Imbue (through the message after 20 successes): Imbue something else (LRC or Luck are good for this) on the same item at a level that gets you into the optimum gain range for imbuing. This reduces your materials cost considerably, as now you're no repeating something that costs 1 residue(or essence)/1 gem, 1/2, 1/3, 2/4 etc. 19+ times instead of using 8-10 gems plus special ingredients 20 times.
Thank you! I was worried I’d need all those special ingredients to gain. After the 20 imbues on each item, do I unravel?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter