• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gardening help...

• Thread starter Cherri Bear
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Cherri Bear

I am trying to get my laff higher and I am finally seriously trying gardening, racing and golf.

I think I am addicted to racing, lol. That is sooo much fun!

But, the gardening always seemed a chore... When gardening first came out, I bought the tool kit and planted flowers and about 8 trees.

Well, I let everything die and took out the trees, but I have all these dirt mounds at my house, and it will not let me replant any trees. I can plant flowers with no problem....just cannot plant trees.

Does anyone know a solution for me? Thank you!!

Taffy Crumblesnooker :)
108 laff, Maxed: Toon up, Lure, Sound, Throw, Squirt and Drop.
Orange colored bear :D

T

toontownhappy

Are you carrying the level one gag of whatever track you want to plant? You won't be able to start planting trees until you carry one of that gag and plant it. Then in the 'plant which gag' window, you'll be able to plant the level 2 gag of that track, then the level 3, and so on.

L

Little Sadie

The PP is right. Pick a gag to plant. Go buy one of each level of that gag. For throw buy the cupcake, fruit slice, cream slice, fruit pie, cream pie, and Bday cake. When you walk up to the mound it will let you plant the cupcake. Go to the next and plant the fruit pie slice. Continue til you have planted the entire gag track. If you dig up any of those trees it will not let you pick from the higher ones so leave them be and just water.

L

lou2700

i started gardening a few weeks ago,and yes i did get my first laff boost:)
i would plant all of as many gags on 1 track as you can,then start planting flowers anound your house,after a full day you should be able to pick each type of flower,for every 10 types of flowers you plant,you'll get a laff boost,
-it might seem like it takes a long time to earn +1 shovel skills & +1 water skills here and there,but it adds up pretty quick(i water my kids' trees for their houses too)
-check the flower recipes out in the gardening how-to in stratics,it shows wich beans to use & you can check wich flowers you need to earn your first 10 types of flowers
hope this helps
-have fun:scholar:

C

Cherri Bear

Oh wow, now I feel dumb. Heheh...THANK YOU so much!!! That is what I am doing wrong...I am heading to TT now to start planting low level throws.

Thankies all!!!! You Rock!!!!!!

Hugs :) Taffy Crumblesnooker

Z

ZippyW

Don't feel dumb. I made that mistake at first and know more than a few who did it also. I find racing very boring!! LOL! On the other hand, gardening, while tedious, is something you can just get out of the way every time you sign on, and you get something back in the form of gags. The very first thing I do is go do my gardening. I just hit my level 8 jellybean flowers, so I can lay off now, and force myself to race and golf!

L

Lollipop Zooblesnook

i started gardening a few weeks ago,and yes i did get my first laff boost:)
i would plant all of as many gags on 1 track as you can,then start planting flowers anound your house,after a full day you should be able to pick each type of flower,for every 10 types of flowers you plant,you'll get a laff boost,
-it might seem like it takes a long time to earn +1 shovel skills & +1 water skills here and there,but it adds up pretty quick(i water my kids' trees for their houses too)
-check the flower recipes out in the gardening how-to in stratics,it shows wich beans to use & you can check wich flowers you need to earn your first 10 types of flowers
hope this helps
-have fun:scholar:
When I first started gardening I would just guess at the beans, which works fine for 1 and 2 bean flowers, but then I found myself playing 'Mastermind' with the jellybeans to try to figure out the recipe. lol. Thankfully Stratics saved the day and I'm on 7 bean flowers now (geesh it seems like I've been on them forever too). LOL had to share because it makes me laugh.

Gardening can be tedious but I just tend to my garden right before I log off... works out pretty well that way.

~Andee:D

G

Granjell

Actually gardening is the only laff you can get easily without the help of any other toons. With fishing you are dependent upon the luck of the pond or whatever; racing and golf, you eventually need multiplayer races or courses; and of course tasks get harder all the time.

Slow and steady wins the laff! Once you max your shovels, you can buy that toon statue too!

C

Cherri Bear

Thank you again, everyone, for all your help!

I finally have 2 bean flowers. After several tries to get the bean combos, I gave up and came to look at Hile's chart. :D

See you in TT! :)

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually gardening is the only laff you can get easily without the help of any other toons.
Actually as one of the test toons who worked my fingers to the bone helping to find the bean combos it took alot of other toons help for everyone to max gardening laff. There was nothing easy about it. :lick: Oh and you're welcome. :D

G

Granjell

I definitely appreciate the sacrifices you test toons must've made to learn all those recipes. I actually got up to 4 beans before I decided to search for those, having wasted several hundred beans on the 5 bean recipes. Am I glad I did! I would not have found Stratics but for gardening!

Long Live the Stratics Content Managers, Contributors, Editors and other selfless, tireless toon tutors!!

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

The bean recipies is how I came to find stratics. I was on the 4 bean flowers when I relaized I needed help. When I searched for the beans Stratics came up. I read EVERY single page written there. I have even helped longer standing members lear a few things most toons don't know. All of which I read on Stratics. Since becoming a member I have grown to find out its not just a bunch of people complaining or begging for glitches. This is a family of toons all with the same or very comon goals and purposes.

This is why i welcome all new members and try to get to know as many as I can.

P.S. Disney needs to let us have either more friends or DXD back.

C

Cherri Bear

Actually as one of the test toons who worked my fingers to the bone helping to find the bean combos it took alot of other toons help for everyone to max gardening laff. There was nothing easy about it. :lick: Oh and you're welcome. :D
Oh My Gosh! I appreciate all you test toons who worked on these combos!
I can't even imagine the time it took getting those combinations. Amazing!

I am having fun in my new found gardening adventure. :D Looking forward to a laff boost in the near future.

Hugs, Taffy Crumblesnooker :heart:

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was quite a project! Very well organized too. Some toons put it all together on spreadsheets with the combos to search and we picked which ones we wanted to try. For weeks all I did was get beans and spend them searching. Seemed like I defeated millions of cogs doing it, but OTOH it did give me incentive to max my test toon lol. I have to say it was a exciting to be a part of it. :)

Z

ZippyW

I'd like to make sure I understand something, since I'm just playing around with 8's now. Is there ANY reason I should go ahead and complete the 8's? I was so glad to get there, and I really just barely change them now. I've taken a long enough break that I could go ahead and complete them, but is there any reason to bother with it?

G

Granjell

Only if you want to be able to buy the toon statue for your garden. Your shovels have to be maxed for that.