• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] gardener's toolbox

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

they removed it temporarily, to fix a bug.

soon it will appear again.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It better reappear somewhere easier to get to... I've got dozens of boxes full of unstacked seeds and I'm waiting to clear out all those precious lockdowns!

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poppies dust doesn't work for your situation?

When poppies dust came out, any single unstackable seeds I grew so as to replace them with stackable seeds.

Sometimes I end up with two stacks of named seeds now...seeds with the names that have not had poppies dust used on them and seeds with the names that have had poppies dust used on them. I let this go for awhile till I want to combine the stacks and just use poppies dust on the one stack, so they will combine.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poppies dust doesn't work for your situation?

When poppies dust came out, any single unstackable seeds I grew so as to replace them with stackable seeds.

Sometimes I end up with two stacks of named seeds now...seeds with the names that have not had poppies dust used on them and seeds with the names that have had poppies dust used on them. I let this go for awhile till I want to combine the stacks and just use poppies dust on the one stack, so they will combine.
K I'll give that a try...thanks (but still they need to get the thing put back up so we can use it!)

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, there is no way I'm spending that much time or gold on poppy dust to identify all my old seeds. I've been growing them but it's slow, as I backpack garden. I don't log in every day so I can't just lock down a lot of plants, and backpack gardening is limited to the plants I can arrange to be visible in my gardener's pack. I was hoping to avoid the work of poppy dust, too... I know what most of the seeds are, even if they're not labeled. The issue is them not stacking! *stomps on ground and throws seeds at the devs*

S

Shadawulf65

*stomps on ground and throws seeds at the devs*
I say AMEN to that! I've played off and on since beta, and seeing all the changes that have been made to gardening I am thinking I may be getting back to one of my 'on' periods... I have an entire house that's just stuffed full of seeds and plants, I'd love to start getting back into gardening for again. This gardener's toolbox seems like a great thing (still trying to figure out why it wasn't placed in the naturalists shop in Brit), I've spent the last few weeks running back and forth to Nujelm looking for it... how about it Dev's, any word at all on when this may get fixxed? I really need it bad!

F

Flora Green

According to the notes, it's coming back with the new publish.

S

Shadawulf65

*bows down to the UO gods in thanks*

All hail the mighty Devs!!

Thank you for fixing the toolbox, I just freed up half the space in my gardening house... though I have not activly gardened since before SE... I have still maintained one of our houses as storage for seeds and plants thinking I may get back into it some day. Now that I have stacked all those seeds I just may do that seeing all the cool new plants.

:thumbup1:

K

Kallie Pigeon

Not that I need it right now since I threw out all the seeds that didn't stack but where is this gardeners toolbox at?

D

Deb

It is in the Nujhelom Garden, I have not tested it yet to see if it is
working right though.

S

soulstoner

The one on Atlantic is working ~~ kinda. Some 'stacks' don't 'stack together' but it's a helpful improvement.

The garden in Nujel'm City is found by heading into the far W part of the redbrick layout of the City and on into the palace:

then make a left to the hall heading S:

head down to the end and make a right past Thalia the Bride to the stairwell:

down the stairs then head strait to the archway to the lower level garden and head W:

You'll see the garden surrounded by hedges with the box in the middle:

Quite peaceful without the Berzerker Demons and Vanguards lolz - hope they do return someday though.

Khameleon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Does Anyone know if these box works with the Rare Seeds? I have tons of black, white, Fire, ect. seeds that don't stack. I've tried to place single seeds into the toolbox, also a full backpack, It just returns the seeds I gave.

D

Deb

It should work for all seeds, but it seems some are broken AGAIN, at least on
Napa it is.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not working on Baja either bleh. Gonna have to plant and dump to get the seeds to stack. =/

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The toolbox on Drachenfels is still broken, guess these will never be fixed.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, i just tried to use the gardeners toolbox for the first time (on Europa).
Am I doing something wrong? Nothing stacks at all. I have the same ammount of items after I put a bag inside the chest than I had before. And there are many seeds of the same name inside (the tokuno ones for example). Hmmmm. I even tried and put all seeds individually inside the gardeners toolbox - doesnt help....
Is it simply broken or am I doing something wrong? Does it only work with specific containers?
thx.

S

sherkborg

I had it work for some seeds but some didnt work. This is about 2 weeks ago.

covert

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, i just tried to use the gardeners toolbox for the first time (on Europa).
Am I doing something wrong? Nothing stacks at all. I have the same ammount of items after I put a bag inside the chest than I had before. And there are many seeds of the same name inside (the tokuno ones for example). Hmmmm. I even tried and put all seeds individually inside the gardeners toolbox - doesnt help....
Is it simply broken or am I doing something wrong? Does it only work with specific containers?
thx.
Supposedly the last publish "fixed" it, but as far as I can tell nothing happens at all when I drop seeds or bags of seed onto the box. =\

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The toolbox on Drachenfels is still broken, guess these will never be fixed.
As of today, the Toolbox won't work. I tried to use it for some days now, no success. I wrote a help message (ingame) to get a GM, but got no response (the request was canceled or even deleted?! I never got an email about it or a response ingame!). So I sent in a feedback mail yesterday (via UOHerald website).

Anyone else with the same problem?

Lucky Luke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried with several seeds obtained by the Natural's Quest. Several white, black and rare fire red seeds. Put them all in a backpack, dropped the backpack onto the gardening toolbox. It made 2 white seeds stackable, all the rest it will not convert :(

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were they for the same plant? They will only stack if they are the same plant.