• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game of Thrones Theory

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my theory: I dont feel this has anything to do with Tyrion Lannister being jealous of Dany and John. I think all Tyrions plans have failed because of "Varys". I feel he is the true snitch telling Cersci everything. Varys knew that the ironborn were taking Ellaria Sand to Dorn, he knew the Unsullied were going to Casterly Rock and thats how Cersci knew Bron set up the meeting with Jamie and Tyrion.

What does this have to do with Tyrion not being jealous? Because imo, Tyrion he is not looking at Daenerys door. I feel he either figured out that Varys is a snitch or Cersci told him so. Pay special attention to the door when John goes to Dany's room and closes the door. It is very ornate and has the dragon symbol on it. Now you got to pay attention when they show it, because it is fast, but the door that Tyrion is looking when he is standing in the hallway.......IS NOT THE SAME DOOR as danys room!!! Thats right............look closely and see for yourself.

I have not guessed correctly on many things at all while watching this show.....i may be 1 for 50. However, I am pretty certain about this. What do you think?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want the White walkers to kill everyone, then fade to black. Best ending ever!!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ummm... the door when Tyrion is standing in the hall does have carvings on it, just can not make out what kind from that distance and angle. But if you zoom in you can see the carvings.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ummm I wasn't looking at the door... too busy with what was going on inside lol :eyes:

Theory:
Jon will realize he bedded his aunt Daenerys and things will get a bit weird, but he's keeping it in the family ;). Sir Jamie will assist with the fight against the white walkers, they will prevail but will lose many including another dragon. Final battle will be for the throne and the queen will have her mercenaries, Cersei will eventually lose and die a horrible death (like she just has too lol). Jon will rule the north while Daenerys rules the south and everyone will live happily ever after

The end :D

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Both of you have very interesting theories though. I mean the Lannisters seemed to know exactly what plans were being laid against them.. so there does seem to be a spy in the midst..

but..

my money is sadly on Tyrion turning. The prophecy of "you will betrayed three times yadda yadda" from the witch that killed Drogo the last one was for love. Once Tyrion saw that Cersei did not have Gregor kill him, and once he found out she was pregnant (and Tryion LOVES his nieces and nephews) that was enough to sway him from Dany's camp back to the Lannister camp... and Cersei dies in labor

*edit*

and Dany dies trying to save Drogon from Viserion.. Jon (riding Rhaegal) kills off Wraith Viserion and the Night King and sit the Iron Throne as was intended. Arya and Gendry marry and Jon gives them the Twins because well... Arya lol and Gendry assisting in batle.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
food for thought:
was Jorah part of the mercenaries Cersci is going to hire?
my money is on Arya killing Cersci.
Dany lives and gives John an air to the throne............but he dies

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh and could the night king be a Targaryen? i did see him walk thru fire(all be it not very much) and he can ride a dragon.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
food for thought:
was Jorah part of the mercenaries Cersci is going to hire?
my money is on Arya killing Cersci.
Dany lives and gives John an air to the throne............but he dies
Good theory and very possible for Jorah, he's a good fighter and was for hire in the past. I can actually see Arya die by trying to kill Cersei (Bran maybe by the White Walkers), more Starks need to die before the end of the saga (sad but true). Cersei needs to die in a horrible way... either by a dragon eating her alive or giving birth to a small child like her mother. I don't think they'll kill off Jon Snow again, honestly that would be bad and have a huge backlash like the first time... he has to remain the hero till the end at this point

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Theory: The quality of Television Programming has increasingly diminished over the past couple of decades.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ratings will dictate what ultimately happens so this is what I think will happen, and will take a long time getting there.
Martin is winging it at this point.
Nah, Martin ain't winging it.. Beinoff and Weiss are. You can tell exactly where they started writing on their own versus where they were bringin Martin's words to life. They have dang sure hit the fast forward button on the show.. but ya kinda have to at times.. Martin can at times drag on and on and on and ON... I mean I can't be the only one who started reading a section in the books, got tired of it dragging and flipped to the next section lol.

oh and could the night king be a Targaryen? i did see him walk thru fire(all be it not very much) and he can ride a dragon.
They are only killed by Obsidian and Valyrian Steel. Fire don't do it.

Theory: The quality of Television Programming has increasingly diminished over the past couple of decades.
You can thank 'reality tv' and it's rise for that sadly. But GoT and TWD are both the exceptions to the rule imo.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can thank 'reality tv' and it's rise for that sadly. But GoT and TWD are both the exceptions to the rule imo.
Those shows really aren't any different than Reality TV though, they both rely on "shock drama value" for lack of a better phrase to draw people in initially. For GoT is was the explicit content initially, while TWD used gore. I'm more of a situational comedy type myself.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I hear you there.. sad thing about sit-com is they have all really been done.. very seldom a new premise just the same basic set up and newer more time relevant jokes... don't get me wrong, some of them are still funny as crap (like BBT) but it is rare that one captures my attention.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i keep thinking of stuff....lol

compared to Hodor saying, "hold the door, hold the door".
i also have this theory of the mad king muttering, "burn them all burn them all"............is related to something similar to "brandon falls, brandon falls"

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
i keep thinking of stuff....lol

compared to Hodor saying, "hold the door, hold the door".
i also have this theory of the mad king muttering, "burn them all burn them all"............is related to something similar to "brandon falls, brandon falls"
Could be but personally I don't see Martin repeating that deal. I mean that was pretty much one of his great ideas for the series.. I don't really see him cheapening that by using it in multiple areas.. but ya never know.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ironically, a large part of that was due to the writers themselves trying to leverage their power. There was a very large TV/Movie writers strike a while ago, where they tried to force the corporations to give them what they wanted and thought none of the shows would be able to continue without them writing for it, so they would win quickly.

What they didn't expect was that once the corporations realized people were still watching their TV shows even with most of the writers not doing anything... they just got rid of the writers permanently since they apparently don't need writers anymore to get ratings. That eventually turned into modern "reality shows" which have no official writers. The more people have watched shows without writers, the worse things have gotten due to nobody actually having to make stories anymore, they just send a random camera guy to follow someone around for a day and call it a show.

They have no incentive to make shows better, because they still get the same amount of people watching the crappy new stuff anyway.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ironically, a large part of that was due to the writers themselves trying to leverage their power. There was a very large TV/Movie writers strike a while ago, where they tried to force the corporations to give them what they wanted and thought none of the shows would be able to continue without them writing for it, so they would win quickly.

What they didn't expect was that once the corporations realized people were still watching their TV shows even with most of the writers not doing anything... they just got rid of the writers permanently since they apparently don't need writers anymore to get ratings. That eventually turned into modern "reality shows" which have no official writers. The more people have watched shows without writers, the worse things have gotten due to nobody actually having to make stories anymore, they just send a random camera guy to follow someone around for a day and call it a show.

They have no incentive to make shows better, because they still get the same amount of people watching the crappy new stuff anyway.
Wish I could give you more than one like for that one. :)

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i found leaked ending on youtube. could be fake but if it's a fake it's very elaborate -- contains episode summaries for all of season 8 and their other leaks have been accurate so far. also the show could have leaked the wrong ending on purpose. or could change their mind during shooting last season -- that's happened a lot in that business.

but my money is that the ending i read is legit. it fits too well.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All stories about dragons are always so powerful... maybe the wolves will kill the dragons next... like UO.

We should make greater dragons great again, in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All stories about dragons are always so powerful... maybe the wolves will kill the dragons next... like UO.

We should make greater dragons great again, in the game.

the fiction in got is clear that dragons varied widely in power. so we r not far off maybe. dany's drags r just more like crimsons.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
the fiction in got is clear that dragons varied widely in power. so we r not far off maybe. dany's drags r just more like crimsons.
Yeah, our Greater Dragons cannot have the same power, Dany's dragon can roast almost any living thing instantly. Luckily this is not the case in Destard...