• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game Community Liaisons

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The new Stratics website comes with a renewed focus on community involvement. You've probably already been following some of the previous threads that provide previews and answers to questions regarding the new Site.

https://stratics.com/community/threads/new-stratics-launch.334653/
https://stratics.com/community/threads/the-new-stratics-experience.333935/
https://stratics.com/community/threads/goodbye-stratics-forever.334881/page-2#post-2515410

If you have, you will notice that the new Site allows for community article/guide submission, public and private group creation (along with forums), and enhanced communication/social features.

We are also introducing a new Stratics Volunteer position called Community Liaison. Each game title will have 1-2 Community Liaisons that can serve as a point of contact for helping setup user run groups, addressing community concerns/suggestions, reaching out to game title developers, creating and responding to social media regarding that game, and in general, encouraging growth, involvement, and a positive experience for Stratics users that play that game.

If you are interested in being the Community Liaison for a game we already support (e.g., UO, SOTA, Shards, Eve), or if you play a different MMO or MOBA and would like to spearhead growth of that community in Stratics, let us know! @Nexus is our Community Manager and can answer your questions about the position. Strong candidates will have a positive reputation within the gaming community and with the game developers and demonstrate social skill. Send a PM to Nexus or myself if interested. You can also email us at [email protected] or [email protected].

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Point of contacts are good to have and could facilitate easier communication between communities.

I've seen bad apples, but you learn to work around them instead :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think I'd like to see the new platform before this gets discussed, but I see potential.
That's more than fair, To sort of give a brief idea though of how it is intended to work.

Each Title will have 1 or more liaisons, dependent on the size of that community. UO being our largest we hope to have around 3, now what happens is the Liaisons monitor the community, they don't moderate, but help encourage the community to contribute. Say if you see someone who is answering a lot of technical questions about how a certain type of mechanic in a game works, then the Liaison would encourage him to create a guide and submit it.

If a Liaison saw a lot of questions concerning an upcoming change they'd collect these questions and shoot the developers an e-mail asking for clarification, they could also work with the developers to arrange some type of interview, either as a means of gaining further clarification of questions on say an upcoming expansion or just to help drive general interest.

Liaisons will also be helping out the Moderation staff by pointing them to troublesome posts, though they won't be able to moderate themselves.

As the Community Manager I'll be helping support the Liaisons in all of those things. As we start seeing interest in a community I'll be working to establish a relationship with those developers, some I already have a good relationship with, such as Citadel Studio, and of course we've had a relationship with the UO team for over a decade and will be working to strengthen that with the site as a whole once we get the site launched and getting the Liaisons for those titles involved with that relationship as well.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silly question, but is that as far as the new website. I just read I thought that stratics will focus on UO, which for the most part has been it's passion the past 10+ years.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Silly question, but is that as far as the new website. I just read I thought that stratics will focus on UO, which for the most part has been it's passion the past 10+ years.
This thread only applies to the new website.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a space to talk about the current overall state of an "other game" ? Such as the LOTRO forums?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The "Other Game" boards are still open and you can, indeed, post there. However, our focus is on UO and eventually those boards will be archived.
You might want to talk to Ron Bron and the others moving on over to Ravennant - I'm sure once they get stuff launched there will be a place for LOTRO. :)

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry. I was wondering if those would be moved to the Ravennant website.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That is something we are talking about. :)

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
To clarify - this post is for the new Ravenant site. When it was first created, it was meant for all of Stratics (UO & All Other Games).
Now, this applies to "All Other Games". :)
Stratics is dedicated to UO and UO is here with Stratics.

The other boards for All Other Games are still here... we are discussing how we want to treat them in the near future.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you checked out the ravenant beta yet?
Just a flyby. The evolution of both spaces is intriguing. As of yet, 2015 has become a series of "failure to launch" events. And, real life and the people in it have always been a large part of my declining to volunteer full throttle.

I'm still lurking and looking for opportunities. This end of school season is always a bit distracting.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just a flyby. The evolution of both spaces is intriguing. As of yet, 2015 has become a series of "failure to launch" events. And, real life and the people in it have always been a large part of my declining to volunteer full throttle.

I'm still lurking and looking for opportunities. This end of school season is always a bit distracting.
I know in an earlier post you said you'd like to see the new platform, well it's up and available for people to use. Come register, check it out, and provide some feedback and ask any questions in the Ravenant Q&A Forum which you can find by joining the Ravenant Social Group.

One of the things we're looking at is the site being very suitable for small guilds, and a place for Indie Developers to showcase their work. We're working on developing a marketing strategy to target those audiences and feedback would be most welcome.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran

Sounds good man. What games do you play?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know in an earlier post you said you'd like to see the new platform, well it's up and available for people to use. Come register, check it out, and provide some feedback and ask any questions in the Ravenant Q&A Forum which you can find by joining the Ravenant Social Group.

One of the things we're looking at is the site being very suitable for small guilds, and a place for Indie Developers to showcase their work. We're working on developing a marketing strategy to target those audiences and feedback would be most welcome.
I'll be doing that. Real life first and all. It's been busy here.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Attempted registration this morning. Cookies enabled a requirement?