• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Gains?

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fisherman has 71.5 skill and I moved him off the land into the sea - and have been fishing along the East West server line for the past couple days. Last night - in 2 hours of fishing I gained 0.3 - did I move him away from shore too early or are the gains that slow all the time. I usually get one right away and then nothing for almost 45 minutes - then nothing again for 40 minutes.
Thoughts?

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fisherman has 71.5 skill and I moved him off the land into the sea - and have been fishing along the East West server line for the past couple days. Last night - in 2 hours of fishing I gained 0.3 - did I move him away from shore too early or are the gains that slow all the time. I usually get one right away and then nothing for almost 45 minutes - then nothing again for 40 minutes.
Thoughts?
I thought it was recommended to move offshore at about 75. However, I will say that I hit a huge training wall training from teh high 60's to the hogh 70's, at which point it seemed to pick up a little.

A

Auvrea Corele

I'd have to agree with above post, with training still fresh in my head the gains were few and far between from high 60's until I got pretty close to 80. Keep at it though it picks up, best of luck

Marcus Puddles
"Boat Sinking Extraordinaire"

S

Sonoma

I took my fisher from 60 to GM in about 30 seconds... sure it cost a ton buying 40 points worth of SOTs, but I more then made up the difference using the time I would have spent fishing, to farm peerless and champ spawns. That was one of the best investments I have ever made.

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK - SOT's? I have to ask - what is an SOT? I am guessing something with skill but being gone for 3 years I have missed a ton and am slowly catching up.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
SoTs are Pink scrolls that drop at any champion spawn - 0.6 to 1.0 in Fel, 0.1 to 0.5 in all other facets, with some special 3.0 ones that spawned from a now-discontinued puzzle (well the puzzle's still there, but the loot sucks now). They can be combined in red "scroll binders" as well, up to 2.0.

When used, they give you the specified amount of the stated skill, so long as you have the room to add it.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thoughts?
get the skill gain statue and get in a boat and slowly move out till it says optimal gains stop there and fish spot dry then move parrallel to the shore 8 spaces and repeat! great gains and real easy!