• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Gains help??

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Broke the gm barrier...yes iam a late starter with imbue.....eat a 10 scroll...and ive hit a wall....any advice for gaining skills over gm....seems unravelling no longer works ...even by the bag full of shame loot....even the guaranteed 0.1 aint working over gm......plz any thoughts...and advice...apart from buying sots and alacrity because they are crazy prices

E

elspeth

I'm impressed you made it to gm by unravelling alone. That method is indeed very slow. I think over gm you have to unravel relic quality items to get a gain.

Most of the faqs and such are in the data chest subforum. Here's the link to the imbuing gain guide:

http://vboards.stratics.com/craftsm...ing-guide-mk-iii-updated-29-march-2010-a.html

You can always check out stratics' excellent guide. Click on "skill guides" in left corner and scroll down till you see imbuing. They have pretty much the same method written there. Good luck.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
First of all get 120 PS. You need 500 Enchanted Essences to get it (10 quests for 115 PS).

Then go to a jeweler and buy amber and citrine about 4k each.

Loot and collect all rings and bracelets with 1FC property. Not all of them you can use for training. Really you need items with free slot and 280-320 intensity (slightly less while your skill is just 100).

Imbue them 20 times with 1-19% luck or 1-3% lrc - select value which gives you 50-65% chance of success. Items that give you 40-50% save for later use. You also can "adjust" items that gives you over 65% by imbuying other property (if they have free slot for additional mod). For example, imbue 10% lrc on it then imbue 19 times 19% luck on it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm impressed you made it to gm by unravelling alone. That method is indeed very slow. I think over gm you have to unravel relic quality items to get a gain.

Most of the faqs and such are in the data chest subforum. Here's the link to the imbuing gain guide:

http://vboards.stratics.com/craftsm...ing-guide-mk-iii-updated-29-march-2010-a.html

You can always check out stratics' excellent guide. Click on "skill guides" in left corner and scroll down till you see imbuing. They have pretty much the same method written there. Good luck.
a cheap scroll of alacrity ...15mins grace....and some massive amount of invasion loot ....banked in a 1818.....sooooooon raked up 5 points per scroll

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all get 120 PS. You need 500 Enchanted Essences to get it (10 quests for 115 PS).

Then go to a jeweler and buy amber and citrine about 4k each.

Loot and collect all rings and bracelets with 1FC property. Not all of them you can use for training. Really you need items with free slot and 280-320 intensity (slightly less while your skill is just 100).

Imbue them 20 times with 1-19% luck or 1-3% lrc - select value which gives you 50-65% chance of success. Items that give you 40-50% save for later use. You also can "adjust" items that gives you over 65% by imbuying other property (if they have free slot for additional mod). For example, imbue 10% lrc on it then imbue 19 times 19% luck on it.
thanks corwin!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

In other words, spend several days or weeks to do what you could have done in 4-6 hours using the link that elspeth cited, and it only is an option if you have a character that can fight monsters with spells or weapons.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
In other words, spend several days or weeks to do what you could have done in 4-6 hours using the link that elspeth cited,
If don't count time spent for collecting loot my method is only 1.5 times slower. You need few seconds to make jingasa and few seconds for the first 1-2 imbues then about 1 minute for the rest (about 1 sec for each attempt pressing "last imbue"). I need about 1 min to select item and setup the first imbue and the same 1 minute for the rest (pressing "last imbue").

As to collecting loot - it's a game and I'm playing. I go to a dungeon because it's interesting for me, not because I need 120 imbue. Even more - I go to hunt to a place that is the most interesting for me at the moment, not to a place that is the most efficient for gp per hour ratio
(Otherwise there is even faster method to train Imbue: earn $25 real money, buy 40 mil UO gold, buy 20.0 imbue SOTs. :))

and it only is an option if you have a character that can fight monsters with spells or weapons.
But your method works only if you have a character that can fight monsters with spells or weapons (to earn gold) AND a crafter (or a house - so you can buy and store needed amount of jingasas).

P.S. There are some facts that can be interesting:

1. I've got to 100+ Imbue when I even haven't a house. I used the public forge and a forge in RRA shop.

2. I've got to 100+ Imbue on my Mystic Thrower. I trained Mysticism at while I was imbuing. And I got to 100 Imbue earlier then I got to 100 Mysticism. (So you can count I spent never time to training Imbue.)

3. Later I placed a house, created a crafter and transferred Imbue to him. Onetime I decided I need to build my crafter. It tooks me one day to get from ~108 to 119 (almost the same as 120 for practical purposes). This includes 3 hours of miasma hunting to collect loot and iirc 4 hours to get 10k loyalty starting with 0 magery.

4. When I got 119 Imbue I had about 100 magical residue left. So would I use jingasa method I still need to hunt (to get additional 10k residue needed for this method).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In other words, spend several days or weeks to do what you could have done in 4-6 hours using the link that elspeth cited,
If don't count time spent for collecting loot my method is only 1.5 times slower.
But, you HAVE to count that time - sorry. It would be like saying you had more time at home by working a 6-hour job that you drove 4 hours each way to get to and from, instead of an 8-hour job you drove 5 minutes to get to.

and it only is an option if you have a character that can fight monsters with spells or weapons.
But your method works only if you have a character that can fight monsters with spells or weapons (to earn gold) AND a crafter (or a house - so you can buy and store needed amount of jingasas).
Buy and store jingasas? WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?????

The method was MAKING Jingasas EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, AS NEEDED. Even if you had someone else making them for you, you only need about 40-60 an hour, and it only takes about what your bank box can hold to go from 100 to 120 ( or 2-3 characters with half-full bank boxes, depending on how many storage expansions you have). The only place this would be an issue is on SP & Mugen with someone that plays only one account. And, you're more likely to find a winning lottery ticket on the sidewalk than one of those.

As for your PS, it's obvious you don't care about sticking to facts.
1-2. No one ever said you couldn't - only that it's slower.
3. That's still longer than the Jingasa method (where when I tested it, I had constant interruptions in RL, not the least of which was the fact that I started my training from 0 with less than 5,000 residue).
4. The 20,000 was a carry-over from the previous versions (where you had to train up from 25 imbuing, as that's where unraveling stopped), was at best a rough estimate even then, and didn't include the residue you got back from unraveling. I just noticed that, and fixed it - but if you'd actually paid attention to the numbers in the examples, you'd have noticed the discrepancy.
The jingasa method, if every other imbue failed, still would be less than 10,000 residue (700 per 20 jingasa at the TOP end (90 Luck, 13 RPD, 3 LRC)) with about 120-200 jingasa needed to go from GM to 120, and probably closer to 7,000 once you factored in unraveling what you made. It only took me 55 Jingasa to go from 117.6 to 120, and that's during the slowest gain period (and my success chance below what the game claims is optimum because I decided to imbue 7% LRC instead of 3%)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The jingasa method, if every other imbue failed, still would be less than 10,000 residue (700 per 20 jingasa at the TOP end (90 Luck, 13 RPD, 3 LRC)) with about 120-200 jingasa needed to go from GM to 120, and probably closer to 7,000 once you factored in unraveling what you made.
90 luck ~100% = 4 MR
13 prd ~50% = 8 MR
3 lrc * 18 ~ 50% = 36 MR
48 * 20= 960
(slighly less if have 60% chaces of success)

How much MR can you get from unravelling 120-200 jingasa? 250-500? It definitely is not 3,000.

It took 55 Jingasa for last 2.4 skill points. I can't believe that it took just 65 Jingasa for another 17.6 points. 200-250 looks more realistic than 120-200. So it should be 15-20k MR.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The method was MAKING Jingasas EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, AS NEEDED. Even if you had someone else making them for you, you only need about 40-60 an hour, and it only takes about what your bank box can hold to go from 100 to 120 ( or 2-3 characters with half-full bank boxes, depending on how many storage expansions you have). The only place this would be an issue is on SP & Mugen with someone that plays only one account. And, you're more likely to find a winning lottery ticket on the sidewalk than one of those.
I see you play UO so long that can't really recognize how it looks to play without a house and without a wide friend-list.

There are about 80 different ingradients and gems. Add here variouse potions, repair deeds, quest items, etc. Also add a set of weapons, armor pieces and just valubale (for you) items. And you can put just 125 items in the bank.

Well, you only need about 40-60 an hour. With 40 ones in your inventory you have must Recall 10 times from a forge to the bank to reload MR and gems. But really it doesn't hurt comparing time you need to buy this 40 Jingasa. It may be 30 minutes if you are very lucky or pay 10x price for them. But it as well may be 3+ hours.

For example, just few days ago I needed a bokuto, so I start regulary post "WTB bokuto" in General chat. At the same time I start to train a carpenter. And I can say that you faster train a carpenter to 80 than buy a bokuto through chat.

A weak ago I needed 50-100 Chaga Mushrooms to make a luck suit. Usually you can buy it for 500 gp per one but there was no any chaga at searchuo at the moment. I tried to buy them and was asked 1 mil per 100 (10k per one). Several different persons was argued me that it's a fair price ("avarage searchuo price"). There is a difference between 1 mil and 50k. So I reentered by other char, went to dungeon and got 70 chagas in a 20 min (also collected 30k gold and some other ingradients at the same time).

P.S. So my thogth was "since you can't to buy and store 200 Jingasas you need to spend 1-3 hours buying them every 1 hour of training".

Z

Zomeguy

But, you HAVE to count that time - sorry.
You are being unfair. You HAVE to count the time to raise the blacksmith and the time to mine the resources (starting from 0 mining). And if you want to argue that you can buy all the stuff required, well so could you using Corwin's method.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
But, you HAVE to count that time - sorry. It would be like saying you had more time at home by working a 6-hour job that you drove 4 hours each way to get to and from, instead of an 8-hour job you drove 5 minutes to get to.
Then add time you spent to place a house, to train a smith, to earn money for 20k gems, to collect loot that took you to ~75? Imbue by unravelling....

I go to dungeon to get money for the apron/the sash/orny/etc.. It doesn't take me a lot of additional time to loot all rings/braceletes I find on corpses.

p.s. By the way it took me just 3 hours to get items for training last 10 points. And it would took me more time to collect 1 mil (for additional 10k gems and 5k MR I'd needed for Jingasa method).