• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Gains have stopped, what am I doing wrong?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got myself to a little over 90 discord with my music locked at 100. I have switched to using the bard mastery and that was great up to 110.0 at which point the gains stopped. I went and worked some Cu's and got to 110.3 then switched back to Bard Masteries but now I'm stuck again. I also tried lowering my music to 90.0, the going back up to 120, then back to 100. Using the Crystal Ball of Knowledge I see that using Bard Masteries on myself is "Too Easy" . It's been over three hours now and no gains..what part of this training method am I doing wrong?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I have just taken Disco, Provo, Peace, and Music to Legendary without leaving my house using the Bard Masteries. It is fairly easy, we just need to review what your doing and refine your training. First, forget what the Crystal Ball tells you for the Masteries, because you can get to Legendary. Next, with the Masteries, it does not matter if your Music is at GM or Legendary. Now for the first question, are you using UOAssist? If no, then get it. If yes, what is your macro. With UOAssist, you can cast Tribulation on yourself every 3 to 5 seconds and it is purely a numbers game. The more times you cast, the more times you have a chance to gain. Second question, have you removed all skills except Music, Disco, and Meditation?, If no, then remove them, if yes, great! You will hit dry spots in your training. When you go through several runs of the macro without a gain, then move to another location. It really does help your skill gain. I'm working on my second Bard now and doing the same method, except this time I'm doing it on a boat.

This is the macro for Disco Training with Tribulation:

Use skill/cast spell (Bard Mastery)
Target self
Pause 3000 (3 second)
Use skill/cast spell (Bard Mastery) Note: This turns the spell off, you can only gain from the initial cast.
Pause 2000 (2 second)

Repeat this as many times as UOAssist will hold, which is 40 times. You will need FC4/FCR6, as much mana regen as you can get with 100 meditation. If you find that you are runing out of mana before the macro stops, then increase the "Pause 3000 to 4000 or higher if needed so you will recover mana between casts. Just remember, it is a numbers game.

Katrena

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi,

I have just taken Disco, Provo, Peace, and Music to Legendary without leaving my house using the Bard Masteries. It is fairly easy, we just need to review what your doing and refine your training. First, forget what the Crystal Ball tells you for the Masteries, because you can get to Legendary. Next, with the Masteries, it does not matter if your Music is at GM or Legendary. Now for the first question, are you using UOAssist? If no, then get it. If yes, what is your macro. With UOAssist, you can cast Tribulation on yourself every 3 to 5 seconds and it is purely a numbers game. The more times you cast, the more times you have a chance to gain. Second question, have you removed all skills except Music, Disco, and Meditation?, If no, then remove them, if yes, great! You will hit dry spots in your training. When you go through several runs of the macro without a gain, then move to another location. It really does help your skill gain. I'm working on my second Bard now and doing the same method, except this time I'm doing it on a boat.

This is the macro for Disco Training with Tribulation:

Use skill/cast spell (Bard Mastery)
Target self
Pause 3000 (3 second)
Use skill/cast spell (Bard Mastery) Note: This turns the spell off, you can only gain from the initial cast.
Pause 2000 (2 second)

Repeat this as many times as UOAssist will hold, which is 40 times. You will need FC4/FCR6, as much mana regen as you can get with 100 meditation. If you find that you are runing out of mana before the macro stops, then increase the "Pause 3000 to 4000 or higher if needed so you will recover mana between casts. Just remember, it is a numbers game.

Katrena
Is 100 music required for this technique or is it OK to have higher than 100 music? I'm currently sitting at ~108 and haven't had much luck working them through the masteries. I don't mind dumping music down a bit, but I'd like to confirm before I lose 8 skill points

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I have just taken Disco, Provo, Peace, and Music to Legendary without leaving my house using the Bard Masteries. It is fairly easy, we just need to review what your doing and refine your training.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have UOAssist and I have a macro setup to cast it over and over again. I didn't have all my other skills removed at first as I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Last night, after posting, I re-read Poo's Discord thread, and decided to give it a try. Sure enough after removing all other skills I gained 0.2, but then it stopped again. As for moving around, yes, I tried Ilshenar, I tried on a moving boat, I tried on different subservers (in my house, in my other house, in a forest in Yew, etc). I even tried the Satyr trick and that helped for a few points of gain. So I'll just keep at it, I was just surprised at how well it was going till 110.0 and thought it was awfully strange that as soon as I hit that number the gains stopped when using Bard Masteries.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is 100 music required for this technique or is it OK to have higher than 100 music? I'm currently sitting at ~108 and haven't had much luck working them through the masteries. I don't mind dumping music down a bit, but I'd like to confirm before I lose 8 skill points
Not sure if it matters but after hitting that long dry spot with no gains I actually dropped my music to 90.0. Doesn't seem to make a difference, though I would think it would make gains better *shrugs*

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

You only need to lock music at 100 if you are training from animals because as your music gets higher, you have less chance to fail. You can let your music go on up to Legendary with the Bard Masteries, because the only Music skill check is to see if you have the required 90 for the Masteries. Your actual chance for a gain is with a succesful cast of the Masteries. Casting the Masteries to turn it off will not give you a chance for a gain. I would recommend keeping Music at 100 and work Disco to 120, Provo to 120, then unlock Music and work Peace and Music to 120. This will lower your overall skill cap by 20 until the end. Another advantage to lock music at 100, is that it will allow you to either work skill gains from animals or the Bard Masteries.

Katrena

Last edited:

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Good thinking. I think I might go out and try to lower that Music skill to 100 and get back out there and discord some creatures. I'm stuck at ~84ish Discord since it goes so, so, so slow with my music being higher than GM. An hour discording both a Giant Beetle and a Swamp Dragon in my house yielded .2. Ouch.
I'll lower it down, hit some creatures, and then start macroing the Masteries like you said and mixing it up with some creatures.