• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gaining parry

G

Garamore

Ive recently used a +20 parry scroll and am trying to go from 110 to 120. I am gaining in other skills (Bushido currently 90) so ive definately got available skill points but im not gaining in parry at all. Can you gain parry without a sheild? Ive tried using a shield as well but thats also not produced any gains.

G

Take off all your DCI
Get a weapon you have ZERO skill in (I used mauls)
Go to the Yew Sheep pen
Lock yourself in with the deadly sheep
Attack them all so they come at you then go out of war mode
Watch the gains come

Hint: bring extra weapons

M

Maximinus Thrax

Sheep are fine, but I trouble with them between 110-120 and had to move on to cows

I believe the cows are in Minoc.

You will probably need a friend to heal you in both Yew and Minoc.

And don't forget, the armor you use will need to be stuff worth having destroyed, or high self repairing, or none at all; just the weapon.

I

imported_GFY

The fastest way I've seen/used:

Bring along at least 2 friends. 1 that wants to work healing and one mage for emergency heals.

Make yourself a suit of armor (no specials) with 70 phy resist (dull copper works great). Make about a dozen bucklers.

Go to the Ice Isle. Entrance to Deciet works very well. When you get there the person working parry should attack polar bears and the person healing should well... heal him! *note this is a good healing gainer for the parry gainer as well* The mage should run off and lure more polar bears to the parryer. The parryer should attack as many polar bears as he can get around him. (7-8 I believe) Then tab out so you don't kill the bears.

Watch the durability on your shields and armor. Armor may take hits (might be best to have a back up suit) Shields durability isn't important until they break.

Keep healed up and you should max out in about an hour.

I've heard of peopling using a torch in place of the shileds, they don't lose durability and break. But I don't personally know if these work.

I

imported_GFY

*sigh*

Just posted this about gaining parry. Didn't mean to offend any samouri's out there.