• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cartography] Gaining after 99.5

V

Valeria911

Hello all.

I've gotten my Cart up to 99.5, but can't seem to get an increase at all now. I've done 3000+ world maps since hitting 99.5 a few days ago, but skill gains seem to have completely stopped. Cart is set to increase and I have another skill set to decrease, so the 700 cap is not the problem.

Any ideas on how to get skill gains above 99.5?

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to UO Guide, deciphering level 4 maps will work, particularly if you use the guaranteed gain system.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You can only gain at that level by decoding tmaps and 4+ is what you need I tried 3s but could not get a gain..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually you can gain on level 2 or 3 maps, but the gains are so few and far between at those levels I'd use them only for guaranteed gains.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides using tattered t-maps you could go intot he twisted weald and get discorded by a satyr. But since you're already at 99.5, decoding maps is probably the faster way. (And remember that decoded maps now reset after 30 days. So if you dont have enough maps, only wait 'a few days' longer for your next GGS.)

O

Old Man of UO

I used the satyr trick in the Twisted Weald to go from about 65 skill to GM. The last two points (98 to 100) were gained in about and hour and about 3,000 scrolls. Just use the Make Max option and follow the satyr after it discords you.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the trick of Old Man of UO.
After 9.5 i went to spirityually, in the place where are the satyr) and the cu sidhe).
Than i attacked oa satyr and it discords me. I go out and return immediately. I was discorded and the skill raise in a while to 100 :)
Also the 2 last points i gained fast

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the day when I GM'ed cart, once I got to 92 I started asking people for tmap to decipher and I got thousands of maps. People were bringing me maps by the backpack full.

I dug up most of them too. Except for the level 4 that I GM'ed on. I've saved that one.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, the answer is simple. Just go shopping for a .5 scroll of transcendence. I have one on Sonoma for 1 mil on my vendor. Tis sad, because completing that last .5 used to be an accomplishment you that would make you excited and proud. Nowdays it's just another shopping trip.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, the answer is simple. Just go shopping for a .5 scroll of transcendence. I have one on Sonoma for 1 mil on my vendor. Tis sad, because completing that last .5 used to be an accomplishment you that would make you excited and proud. Nowdays it's just another shopping trip.
That's a choice that we make.

I am working on a new bard atm, and all his skils are 100.3 or higher. I could go buy the scrolls and skill up that way, but I chose to work it up.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear ya. My provo bard took 3 years to complete, and that was with daily use before guaranteed daily gains. The day I made that last .1 gain was a day for celebration.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis sad, because completing that last .5 used to be an accomplishment you that would make you excited and proud. Nowdays it's just another shopping trip.
I wouldn't really call it an accomplishment, all it ment was that you either spend 5 days waiting for GGS, or (and that was before GGS) that you gathered around 200 level 4 maps and decoded them in one giant decoding run and you were there. Gaining the last 5.0 points in Lockpicking however, that's a whole different story!...

I have two t-hunters, one has been trained to GM before the satyr trick, SoT's or SoA's existed. The 2nd one has been happily trained in the Weald. Doing it the hard way once was arduous enough for me... *grins*

L

Lokida

GM'd Cart 7 years ago. I will never forget that day. Still trying to GM my Provo. I''m having a heck of time getting that done. Getting closer though about .2 a day if I'm lucky. Problem is I'm so busy digging up chest I don't seem to have the time to find some static mobs to grind it out. I did try the Mastery song but it's sooooo boring.