• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gain using Bard masteries..

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm assuming it's not possible? To gain skill using masteries
Been trying peacemaking songs, no luck.
Can someone confirm please.
Ty

Fenbay

Adventurer
I'm assuming it's not possible? To gain skill using masteries
Been trying peacemaking songs, no luck.
Can someone confirm please.
Ty
I just made a 4X 120 bard, and I'm pretty sure I used all masteries after 90+ including Peace. I believe the skill check is only done at inception of the ability so you have to turn it off and back on to gain.

Adrahil

Adventurer
I have been trying the peacemaking mastery and I swear I get better gains from using area peace. I have 100 music and 96 peace for reference.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have been trying the peacemaking mastery and I swear I get better gains from using area peace. I have 100 music and 96 peace for reference.
When you say better gains, are you saying you are gaining using resilience and perserverance?
Cause I have been running them for an hour now, no gains at all!

Adrahil

Adventurer
When you say better gains, are you saying you are gaining using resilience and perserverance?
Cause I have been running them for an hour now, no gains at all!
In my opinion I do not gain reliably using both masteries. So I went back to area peace, I seem to get better gains just using the skill.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
For Provo, I'm using Inspire, but I'm not seeing any gains after an hour. 100 Music, 107.5 Provo.

Nyxx

Adventurer
Think the problem might be the macro (if you;re using macro), cuz I have same problem with peace, using resilience and only gained .1 when NOT on macro. Soon as I put on macro, ZIP! No gains! (Macro:last spell, wait for target, target self)

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Another problem might be "running them for an hour" as the skill check is only done once at the onset of the spellsong. So you may have wasted an hour you could have spent toggling the spellsong on and off.

Spamming area peace, if providing gains at a reasonable rate, would be the way to go IMO. The masteries are great, again *toggling on/toggling off* in particular for discord and provocation, as you can target yourself instead of taming/finding increasingly difficult targets as your skill increases.

These skills are abysmally slow to gain after 110, so expect a grind. 100 music makes a huge difference, so lower it or stone and retrain. It's very easy to macro and level music, and the time it will cost you to retain to 120 is nothing on the time you will save training your other bard skills.

I actually locked it at 99.0. I dont know if that made a difference, but if it saved me an hour, that's an hour saved! Next time I need to train a bard skill I think I'll try locking music at 90.0.

Also, on the subject of bard skills, satyr discord is certainly something to consider!

Last edited:

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm currently leveling my bard skills up using the masteries. I'm at 106.5 provocation currently. I've been skilling it up casually as I watch my son. You need to cast, stop the song, cast, stop the song, and so on to get the gains. I've heard of locking music at 100 but trying the 90 and seems to be doing well. Just throwing my two cents into the ring!