• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] FYI - Britain Bank has an Arcane Circle

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently the forces of nature have created an Arcane Circle at the Britain Bank (all shards).

It is said this circle gives a Level 6 Focus.

My question is this, if 5 players that had never performed the Quest to enable Spellweaving are in the circle and a 0 Skill level SpellWeaver cast Arcane Circle will that individual receive a Level 6 Focus Item?

If I place 2 110 Spellweavers in this Arcane Circle (vs the one I placed in my house) do I get a higher level focus that if I cast in at my house?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should work the same as the circle inside the Prism of Light. As long as the person casting the spell is within +-20 skill points as the other people standing on the circle they will get a focus level with a bonus of 1.

In your example, if there are 4 players that never done the quest standing on the circle and someone runs up with 0-20 in spellweaving and casts the spell, then everyone will get a level 6 focus. If more than 5 people are on the circle that are within the 20 points, then only 5 will get the focus. Samething goes with your 2 chars with 110 skill. If both are on the circle by themselves, then they both will get a level 3 focus.

I imagine you will have people just park their spellweaver on the circle.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should work the same as the circle inside the Prism of Light. As long as the person casting the spell is within +-20 skill points as the other people standing on the circle they will get a focus level with a bonus of 1.

In your example, if there are 4 players that never done the quest standing on the circle and someone runs up with 0-20 in spellweaving and casts the spell, then everyone will get a level 6 focus. If more than 5 people are on the circle that are within the 20 points, then only 5 will get the focus. Samething goes with your 2 chars with 110 skill. If both are on the circle by themselves, then they both will get a level 3 focus.

I imagine you will have people just park their spellweaver on the circle.
I am hoping for something like that to happen.

Now when I do it in my house I get a level 2 focus, correct?

If so, immediately I can get a higher level focus item because of this.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The arcane circle that you can make and place in your house doesn't grant any bonus, so your two weavers at 110 would only get a level 2. If they are standing on a pentagram or arbbatoir then they are pentalized -1, and would only get a level 1 focus. Pretty much by putting the circle at the bank with a +1 bonus, there really isn't a use for having a circle in your house unless your in fel.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my first account, I have 3 chars who have done the SW quest and soulstone 90ish Spellweave back and forth (Chiv archer, stealth mage, Tamer-mage). I also have a 106ish Spellweaver-Necro-Mage on my second account, and I keep him parked on Brit Bank arcane circle when not actively playing him. Thus I always have a +3 str Focus, and if an Alliance shoutout works, we all get a +6.