• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FY teamed up with OJ's?

• Thread starter Silver Shadow
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However, lox is a cool person
*high five buddy*

It's not a big deal, it comes with the territory but calling it a "Risk"? nah it's not a risk I still come out ahead of the game over 80% of the time.
I wish everyone thought that was Nexus. Even if you are AWFUL at pvp; go try it. Get some friends; use some dragons; throw a bola; gank a guy; high five! Its all in good fun! No one ever really loses anything. And if by chance you do; 80% of the honest/good pvpers will give it right back and say "Insure it this time!" and laugh. Its all in fun. :thumbup1:

R

Ransom_of_BiC

We (BiC) were huge back in the day. At one point, we were the number 1 guild on Chessy. However, that was a long time and several games ago. Only our core group has come back and it was more of a nostalgia thing than anything else to begin with. We're having a good time, so we've stuck around. However, much of the mechanics have changed and we're still re-learning. Also, a lot of things have changed in our personal lives over the 6 years since we've been gone. We're simply busier than we used to be. At this point with only around 10 of us playing, and playing very part time, good luck trying to predict what will happen.

None of us made claims that we were back in force to take over the shard, that was never who we were before and certainly isn't now. Yes, we spawn when we have a group on. (Evidenced by the ridiculous chest full of scrolls waiting for me to file them). Yes, we will continue to. If you roll in with your crew of 20 to raid our group of 4, we're going to fight you and die over and over. It is what it is.

More on topic, it's laughable how many people from the guilds mentioned in this thread have made ridiculous comments to us (join us or die, form an alliance with us or die). So, following your logic, you want everyone to join you. If everyone joins you, or you form alliances with everyone, who the hell you gonna fight? I'd rather sit on the integrity of 'doing it on our own' and die to the zerg than join the stupidity.
Times, how they change...

As Layna mentioned, there are only a handful of us now. Furthermore, we are all logging off when you guys are logging in. Most of us have teenage children and just have too much **** to do all the time.

We spawn every chance we get, but we just rarely see anyone else.

As Layna mentioned, if you zerg us with your group of 10 for our group of 4, you'll be killing us over and over again. It's how we've always played, and will continue to do so.

At this particular time, it's mainly our old schoolers. There's only two or so other BiC'ers on our shard who were part of our team that still play, that's Brosephine who is in FY, and Demonslayer. Other than that, I can't imagine who I would recruit from. I don't know the rest of these people, they don't know me, and if they even wanted to be a part of our guild, I'm not sure how I'd ever know if they were wanting to be a part of our guild family, or if they were just tagging along to sell out spawns.

Also, I'd LOVE to freaking know who has the toon in my guild that's allied with another toon. I caught a dude about 2 weeks ago that had one in some alliance, but I booted him as soon as I saw it.

H

Helter Skelter

Times, how they change...

As Layna mentioned, if you zerg us with your group of 10 for our group of 4, you'll be killing us over and over again. It's how we've always played, and will continue to do so.
Ok that's like the 3rd time I have seen Zerg referenced on this forum. The only Zerg I know is the Toy Story bad guy and his nerf shooter. Please educate this newb on what all that means to UO? By zerged do you get nerfed?

=P

-Sirk!

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Zerg generally means rolling in with numbers when whomever you are fighting against doesn't have many. Back in teh day, BiC used to zerg those trammy guilds who would come and work as spawn with 4 people, and we'd roll in with our pvp team/spawn team of 30 people.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also, I'd LOVE to freaking know who has the toon in my guild that's allied with another toon. I caught a dude about 2 weeks ago that had one in some alliance, but I booted him as soon as I saw it.

I could tell you but I won't they are good people, and you'll be able to trust them... Besides if you go all "Puritanical" on Chessy these days you've pretty much signed a death warrant for your guild, you won't be able to recruit much around the shard, there aren't enough people left. You'll get stuck either remaining the same size or shrinking, that is unless you can get folks from the other games you guys are/were active with to come join you...

Either way isolation = stagnation = boredom = guild death.

H

Helter Skelter

Zerg generally means rolling in with numbers when whomever you are fighting against doesn't have many. Back in teh day, BiC used to zerg those trammy guilds who would come and work as spawn with 4 people, and we'd roll in with our pvp team/spawn team of 30 people.
Ah thanks. I feel less newb now.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

It can only be one of three people, so we'll see if they fess up when I ask them.

And as for 'guild death', that doesn't really pertain to us. We aren't like the rest of the guilds out there, we are more a buncha old folks just hanging out as friends. :)

L

longshanks

So theres a spy in BIC.... Buwhwahahahaha

I smell treachery afoot. :popcorn:

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh noes......they're gonna tell the secrets of my plant watering schedule!

R

Ransom_of_BiC

If there really *is* a spy in BiC (little 'i', please), then they are the ****tiest spy ever. For real.

H

Helter Skelter

If there really *is* a spy in BiC (little 'i', please), then they are the ****tiest spy ever. For real.
LOL Maybe they are trying to discover the secret location of the BiC compound? You know, where all the houses are with BiC on the roof? =P

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has turned into an epic thread with a heated back and forth. I hope I can always be this entertained.