• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FWW & Ninjitsu

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any benefit to higher ninjitsu on pets that have FWW?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should or does? This thread seems to indicate that it did not increase the damage...

Ninja Pets (post 15)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should or does? This thread seems to indicate that it did not increase the damage...

Ninja Pets (post 15)
That post is from the first month of the revamp and I think they put it on A Hiryu with Talon strike and Ninja. Pretty funny thread. I doubt the Ninja was above 50 on that one.

Have to get it above 100 to see the best results. Works great on scalis with my AI/FWW/Chiv Triton.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That post is from the first month of the revamp and I think they put it on A Hiryu with Talon strike and Ninja. Pretty funny thread. I doubt the Ninja was above 50 on that one.

Have to get it above 100 to see the best results. Works great on scalis with my AI/FWW/Chiv Triton.
Thanks, there wasn’t a lot of direct information on pets without ninjitsu magic, but that got the skill passively by adding FWW. That old post was the only one I found that was specifically on point.

I saw that many folks liked the FWW build but wasn’t sure how raising ninjitsu factored into the build. Glad to have it cleared up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, there wasn’t a lot of direct information on pets without ninjitsu magic, but that got the skill passively by adding FWW. That old post was the only one I found that was specifically on point.

I saw that many folks liked the FWW build but wasn’t sure how raising ninjitsu factored into the build. Glad to have it cleared up.
I did not use FWW until Tritons came out. So I made a thread that tested it from 40 skill and up. I use a Poison Breath/AI/Chiv Triton on one toon and the AI/FWW/Chiv Triton on another toon while doing Scalis.
You have to follow along. I like to do testing on pets as they are being built and used. At the beginning I did not see more damage than AI gives but as the Ninja went up the damage increased. I put the FWW on and did not add Chiv until I was finished testing.

Frenzied Whirlwind Damage.

Sorry I gave the thread a difficult name to search. :) JK

FWW is Physical damage so I would not try to add Conductive Blast since FWW and AI would have no advantage during the lower Energy resist.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
;)
I did not use FWW until Tritons came out. So I made a thread that tested it from 40 skill and up. I use a Poison Breath/AI/Chiv Triton on one toon and the AI/FWW/Chiv Triton on another toon while doing Scalis.
You have to follow along. I like to do testing on pets as they are being built and used. At the beginning I did not see more damage than AI gives but as the Ninja went up the damage increased. I put the FWW on and did not add Chiv until I was finished testing.

Frenzied Whirlwind Damage.

Sorry I gave the thread a difficult name to search. :) JK

FWW is Physical damage so I would not try to add Conductive Blast since FWW and AI would have no advantage during the lower Energy resist.
Your thread didn’t show up, likely because I searched FWW

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup figured that. Ill edit the title.
Since you seem to have done some testing on this and I am still getting caught up, here is another question...

FWW says it need 50 ninjitsu or 50 bushido to work. (reference Frenzied Whirlwind - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia )

When adding FWW it basically charges you for ninjitu even if you haven't added the magic and adds it in the background. Is it possible to get FWW with bushido instead of ninjitsu? I don't really want either magic school as I will override it afterwards with Chiv, but having bushido seems far more useful in the background if it adds additional block chance to parry?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They did not rewrite those abilities descriptions for pets. So they had WW and FWW and they gave a Passive Magic to each.

For toons you can have either.

For Pets:
They description tells you which magic has to be paid for. When you choose FWW or Feint, the description tells you which one will be the passive. At this point the pet does not have an active magic. You can buy the passive magic for one point or choose Chivalry for 501 points instead. So AI,FWW,Chivalry. If you go back and buy Mysticism for 501 points, you lose Chivalry.

For pets, their resists are able to be 80 in any situation. With > 600 HP points you do not need added defense.

We started with a Bushido Hiryu in May 2017 because it sounds like a tank. And it is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Triton can have a High intensity starting build. No other pet you can go tame has a starting build like a Triton can have. The FIRST thing we all did when the Tritons hit TC was notice they were ****ing awesome at the start. Then make a pet that uses a Passive and Active Magic. AI/FWW/Chiv or AI/Feint/Chiv or the others.

The 2 Magics cost 500 points each. 1 point to activate. 100 for FWW 100 for Scroll. No current pet has the ability to get all that.
700 points to have an ability that requires a passive magic.

While everybody was building their first Tritons as AI/FWW/Chiv.

The first day I got a MAX Str, >128 Wrestling Triton. I knew I could make anything from this one and it would be a beast.

Look at the first two posts on this link. Triton Builds

That AI/Feint/Chiv Triton can go anywhere with my Archer/Tamer. He has no Vet no Magery. I can use Consume when I leech Mana. I just need consume for a few seconds sometimes and the Triton can take care of itself. It knows when to use Feint so it is not wasted. (does not use Feint if the pet is not taking damage.)
You need to learn how to use different pets. There are situations where the pet takes damage. You can pull the pet back and heal him up and sent him back. You can avoid a crowd that causes any build pet to go into a death spiral. Control your pet and let him lead the Mobs so he can chomp them one at a time. Having Gift of Renewal and Spirituality can heal your pet in tough fights. A Macro where you Bandage and Gheal in 1 click. With high skills the pet goes from low to max HP in 5 clicks or less.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of Blah blah blah.

Go here: Triton Builds

The step by step fits both builds. First is AI/Feint/Chiv. The AI/FWW/Chiv has the same steps. Build Both. Guaranteed approval when skills over 100.

Yours wont be as beefy because you wont find a 250 Str starter Triton.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Triton can have a High intensity starting build. No other pet you can go tame has a starting build like a Triton can have. The FIRST thing we all did when the Tritons hit TC was notice they were ****ing awesome at the start. Then make a pet that uses a Passive and Active Magic. AI/FWW/Chiv or AI/Feint/Chiv or the others.

The 2 Magics cost 500 points each. 1 point to activate. 100 for FWW 100 for Scroll. No current pet has the ability to get all that.
700 points to have an ability that requires a passive magic.

While everybody was building their first Tritons as AI/FWW/Chiv.

The first day I got a MAX Str, >128 Wrestling Triton. I knew I could make anything from this one and it would be a beast.

Look at the first two posts on this link. Triton Builds

That AI/Feint/Chiv Triton can go anywhere with my Archer/Tamer. He has no Vet no Magery. I can use Consume when I leech Mana. I just need consume for a few seconds sometimes and the Triton can take care of itself. It knows when to use Feint so it is not wasted. (does not use Feint if the pet is not taking damage.)
You need to learn how to use different pets. There are situations where the pet takes damage. You can pull the pet back and heal him up and sent him back. You can avoid a crowd that causes any build pet to go into a death spiral. Control your pet and let him lead the Mobs so he can chomp them one at a time. Having Gift of Renewal and Spirituality can heal your pet in tough fights. A Macro where you Bandage and Gheal in 1 click. With high skills the pet goes from low to max HP in 5 clicks or less.
Pets that know Feint, will use Feint whenever they want, whether they're actively taking damage or not. I trained up a few Tank pets up to 120 Bush through Feint on Gregorio while he was disarmed, he did virtually no damage to them.

Less is more. The more abilities a pet knows, the less it'll use each individual ability. A pet that knows only AI, will spam the hell out of AI. A pet that knows Chiv+AI, will use AI frequently. A pet that knows FWW+AI+Chiv, will only occasionally use AI.
A Triton with FWW+AI+Chiv, gets out damaged in single target by a Chiv+AI Triton, and out damaged in AoE by a FWW Triton. The FWW+AI+Chiv Triton attempts to do both single target and AoE, but excels at neither. Not to mention the Chiv is actually counterproductive to an AoE build, since it increases the damage they take through EoO and Divine Fury, hence why your Triton finds itself within a death spiral in a big group.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Triton finds itself within a death spiral in a big group.
Any pet with any build will do the death spiral in a group. Their AI will not let them stay on a single target, they will change targets to whatever just hit them and they will change targets before doing damage so they just spin around and take damage. Mine don't because I avoid that situation and let the pet line up the targets instead and eat them one at a time.
Saw a Bane at a spawn last night spin around until dead. Then I put my Cu on them and he killed them all before they could circle him.

Also I have AI/Chiv of every pet I want to make. I will not make a plain AI/Chiv Triton. For my Archer it is more important for the pet to stay alive since I can not res it or heal it. My live pet will do more AI hits than it would if dead.