• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FWW Fire Beetle --> Ninjitsu?

Turkish

Journeyman
Hello again,

I understand that training FWW on most pets gives a passive Ninjitsu, but since a Fire Beetle is in Tokuno would that provide full Ninjitsu? I see that it normally only has the physical/poison magics so I'm assuming not (too good to be true?), but thought I should ask before I give it a try.

Also, how are people copying their characters and pets to Test? I haven't figured this out yet.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hello again,

I understand that training FWW on most pets gives a passive Ninjitsu, but since a Fire Beetle is in Tokuno would that provide full Ninjitsu? I see that it normally only has the physical/poison magics so I'm assuming not (too good to be true?), but thought I should ask before I give it a try.

Also, how are people copying their characters and pets to Test? I haven't figured this out yet.
No, they can't get full ninjitsu, only the passive version. Found this out recently myself. The reason why is beetles only have the option for the physical magics like piercing and wrestling mastery. They cannot get magics like chiv/ninja/bushido. Adding a skill like FWW adds the passive version to any pet, but tok pets still have to select it has a magic to get the full version, which beetles can't do.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I was disappointed too.
Don't be too disappointed. I had a pet with full Ninjitsu, and it would stealth 1/2 the time, so I would get the aggro on to myself. Depending on the mob you are fighting, this could get hairy..

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Don't be too disappointed. I had a pet with full Ninjitsu, and it would stealth 1/2 the time, so I would get the aggro on to myself. Depending on the mob you are fighting, this could get hairy..
I had one last year that I let go, but I'll be making another one next week. It can be dangerous, but fun to watch pets with full ninjitsu. Also I want to see what the damage output is like. Seems like very few people have pets with full ninja on them.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't fire Beatles have access to Bushido and Ninjitsu? They are from Tokuno and should have access.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Why don't fire Beatles have access to Bushido and Ninjitsu? They are from Tokuno and should have access.
Some pets don't have access to "traditional" magic abilities: magery, chivalry, mysticism, spellweaving, necromancy, necromage, ninjitsu, bushido.

I have no idea how the devs made the determination of why or which pets, such as beetles, can't get those magics or why only Tok pets can get full version of ninja and bushido. If those limitations weren't in place I'd have a lot more pets trained differently-such as an AI/Chiv Naja and a Ninja or Bushido Cu.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Some pets don't have access to "traditional" magic abilities: magery, chivalry, mysticism, spellweaving, necromancy, necromage, ninjitsu, bushido.

I have no idea how the devs made the determination of why or which pets, such as beetles, can't get those magics or why only Tok pets can get full version of ninja and bushido. If those limitations weren't in place I'd have a lot more pets trained differently-such as an AI/Chiv Naja and a Ninja or Bushido Cu.
May have to do with the power creep. For instance imagine a beetle with RC AI and Chiv,
or Naja with Poison breath AI and Chiv..They try to balance out the overall strength of the pet, does not always work out well as we see.

Bruce

Adventurer
I'm not sure a fire beetle can learn fww. They do well with explosive goo though.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure a fire beetle can learn fww. They do well with explosive too though.
They can but Fzww will not be 100% fire, sadly it will be physical when Fzz procs and it will scale with Ninjitsu (passive) skill. 500 points. It will hit multiple adjacent foes, or single target multiple hits physical.
Usual spec Ive seen is RC the most important ability, AI and possibly poisoning, and goo. Would be interesting to see how the RC/Fzww/Goo would work..

Last edited: