• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] future gardening changes testing, Devs read plz

B

Beastmaster

Before any further gardening changes hit test center can we ask 3 favors in preparation for testing?

1)A runebook with runes to the 4 solen entrances in Trammel and a naturalist.

2)A mechanism to allow us to double click something which will age our plants by one day each time.

3)A load of fertile dirt, say 2000 chunks.

I don't think we'd mind having to round up bowls and pitchers.

Anything else anyone can think of?

TIA

G

Gwenyth

I think that is an excellent idea! I would have loved testing the plants before they hit the production shards.

B

Beastmaster

lot of views...no other opinions? (actually this is a shameless bump to hopefully keep it where the Devs might see it)

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a very good idea,but the devs seemed to be out of good ideas lately.They could have at least left the changes on test for 2-3 weeks since they don't allow a fast way of checking any gardening changes,then we could have probably have had the bug fixed with the cocoa trees not being able to be tenind while locked down,

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They didnt test it because they wanted to keep the monsters a secret. And keep the plant types secret.

Many people liked to be surprised.

They could have done it by testing but that takes away the surprise.

Five years from now when the next new plants are introduced, maybe they will test them more.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a very good idea,but the devs seemed to be out of good ideas lately.They could have at least left the changes on test for 2-3 weeks since they don't allow a fast way of checking any gardening changes,then we could have probably have had the bug fixed with the cocoa trees not being able to be tenind while locked down,
Plant growing is (literally)tied into server maintenance so even if they'd left it on test for weeks, none of the plants would have grown because there is no server maintenance - Jeremy posted this way back when pub 55 first was put out to test center (and I can believe it. A loooong time ago, back when Origin was just a glorified long term Test Center a lot of us were growing plants and went a three week period where our plants refused to grow because no one was doing the daily maintenance on the server. Was really crazy that it took a server maintenance to allow plants to grow (even in your backpack) - I can only guess it was originally coded that way to somehow calculate the 24 hour period or something - just really crazy.)

D

DHMagicMan_1

They could also (if not do it with a double click toy) give us a gate to walk through which would set plant stage = plant stage + 1

Yes, they wanted it to be a surprise, but testing trumps surprises in my opinion.

F

Flora Green

They could also (if not do it with a double click toy) give us a gate to walk through which would set plant stage = plant stage + 1

Yes, they wanted it to be a surprise, but testing trumps surprises in my opinion.
Agree they should have been tested properly. They are just plants, not a big surprise really. And we likely wouldn't have the lockdown bug. Course, on the other hand we might not have the fire red cactus though I doubt anyone would have bothered with the quest since they would have been busy hunting/growing the new plants. :) Sometimes I wonder why Origin exists considering the way they rush the publishes. :coco:

N

Ni-

Before any further gardening changes hit test center can we ask 3 favors in preparation for testing?

1)A runebook with runes to the 4 solen entrances in Trammel and a naturalist.

2)A mechanism to allow us to double click something which will age our plants by one day each time.

3)A load of fertile dirt, say 2000 chunks.

I don't think we'd mind having to round up bowls and pitchers.

Anything else anyone can think of?

TIA
1, There is one hole that is 3 screens SouthWest(directly left) from the Minoc Moongate. All 4 holes are interconnected to the main queen hive. It's not really needed. I can see a rune to one of them but 4 is definately unnecessary.

2 is a great suggestion. especially for testing the fire 4 barrel cactus fix when it comes

3, is it really needed if #2 is added?

F

feath

Agree they should have been tested properly. They are just plants, not a big surprise really. And we likely wouldn't have the lockdown bug. Course, on the other hand we might not have the fire red cactus though I doubt anyone would have bothered with the quest since they would have been busy hunting/growing the new plants. :) Sometimes I wonder why Origin exists considering the way they rush the publishes. :coco:
testing wouldn't have worked anyway. Do the math.
Test Center doesn't have plant growth, and even if it did, same point as origin.
Move test to Origin for the normal 1 week - by the time the monsters are found, and growth started - 1 week wouldn't have had any popping yet.
Testing in a normal way would not have make a bit of difference in the plants upgrade.

B

Beastmaster

You're missing the point. We know they have broken the naturalist quests. Presumably there will be a fix. How will that fix get tested if we don't have a means to age the plants?

I agree we probably would not have tested the naturalist quest even if we had the means, prior to this, but we definitely would now. I imagine alot of things about gardening would get tested if we had the means, now.

F

Flora Green

They could have left it on Origin long enough if they wanted to. They rushed this publish like so many of the others. And then people complain that the bugs weren't found because "Origin players don't do their jobs".

D

DHMagicMan_1

Actually, if they are going to fix the "Lockdown" bug, I guess we need the "Aging Tool" rather than a walk through gate... since we know we can tend plants in backpacks at the moment.

Anyway, it seems like they are making progress on fixing and adding to the new plants set, so I'm hoping the give us some testing ability too, on TC.