• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fun with Heartwood Scripters

• Thread starter Karthcove
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

riley0888

Why don't they edit the quests for us in order to get those kits?

Since the quest only requires the same step to achieve, I am quite sure scripting it would be possible.

However, if every quests requires you to find different resources or things I think it will totally solve the problem.

My proposal will be:-

Revamp the whole BOD systems nowadays to more fair reward distribution for the hardworkers and avoid ANY cheats whatsoever

Step 1: change the BOD system to random quests that would require instead of just filling and hand in, filling and hand in, filling and hand in... etc.

Solution: Makes it random... when you receive a BOD, you are required to find one or two other things along in order to complete the hand in. So you dont just stand there get a shoe BOD, then make 10 shoes then fill it in for another... How hard is it for scripts to get through this?

For example:-

You go to a tailor, get BOD (spined bone helm 10 pcs normal)
The requirement for getting another BOD will also be listed at the same time after hand in:-

Option 1: Wait 6 hours

Option 2: Find 1 or 2 other items (dont know; always random... but wont be ridiculously hard that tell a tailor to go slay an ancient wyrm? You got what I mean here??)

Now tell me... how are you gonna script this type of thing in a fast and efficient way?!?! I dont think so my friends.... this is now solved of the scripting problem

Step 2: Enhance the reward distribution

1. I think the smithing changes are very good on the properties and intensities (correct me if i am wrong here)... however, I still think that some low end runics and medium runics still have room for enhancement...

Also, I think that since most of the valorite hammers are gotten by scripts, I would propose that the difficulty to get these hammers to be lowered now... after that make another higher level of smith hammer that replaces the current valorite hammer difficulty to get... (maybe called Legendary Smith hammer... or something like that).

Some properties and intensities could also be adjusted as accordingly..

dull = 45-100 properties 1-3
shadow = 50-100 properties 2-3
copper = 55-100 properties 2-3
bronze = 55-100 properties 2-4
gold = 60-100 properties 2-4
agapite = 65-100 properties 3-4
verite = 70-100 properties 3-4
valorite = 70-100 properties 4
legendary = 90-100 properties 4-5

spined = 55-100 properties 2-3
horned = 60-100 properties 3-4
barbed = 65-100 properties 4

oak = 50-100 properties 1-3
ash = 55-100 properties 2-4
yew = 60-100 properties 3-4
heartwood = 65-100 properties 4

Step 2 implementation is to minimize the benefit the scriptors get for still getting tons of barbed kits, valorite hammers, heartwood fletches after the patch goes in.. at the same time could also balance the rewards for the hardwork players in the end.

So once these patch goes in, the scriptos who own the loads of barbed kits or whatever wont be selling the items at insane prices.. only those legendary tool will be able to sell at the most highest price.. but these legendary tools are gotten in a very tough long path instead of not need to look at the screen that could be obtained easily like now.

Step 3: Enhance the high end difficulty path of achieving the legendary tools

People going to ask now, what if people now keep on scripting and get all the valorite LBODS and SBODS now and wait for the patch to come in then hand in to get the legendary tools!??!

Create another type of LBOD and SBODs that required to fill in order to acheive these legendary tools

PROBLEM SOLVED.

So now people start in fresh, need to get the NEW type of bods to get for the legendary tools.

We could give these NEW BOD a 0.1% drop chance everytime u hand in bod... OR you could obtain this in other way through luck, quests, npc or monsters... (this to be explained later)...

Step 4: Increase the chance of obtaining color BODS from the npc crafters

Now I think that if no more scripting availabe in the future, UO need to give players really have the patient to hand in bods or receive bods... otherwise, if players are getting all normal 10 bods... this BOD system will totally not work at all before all people are rot in boredom.

Step 5: Another way to achieve BODS...Quest, NPC, Luck, Event, Monsters,etc...

This section is just my thought... but its gonna be the most difficult to change at this moment... So i believe that if UO can follow Step 1 to 4 and change the total BOD system, you could see no one whining about script runics anymore in the future..

Hope I could come up with more idea in regarding to Step 5 in the future to bring the crafting and other game sectors (like monsters, events, npc, coincidence) to be more related indirectly/directly

I will 95% guarantee about this.

I

imported_Coppelia

<blockquote><hr>

I have reported this char before for the same thing - over a month ago...

[/ QUOTE ]
Why report? Those quests were designed to be done like that. And with 5 packhorses, you can bot longer. Just check from time to time nobody's trying to be a hero and do the recall by hand.
Totally random reward from a repetitive quest doesn't make the rarer reward hard to get. Just longer. So you bot.

Or you skip that stupid part of the game and do something else more interresting, like me.