• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] Frostwood

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have been chopping tress for over 5 hours and have not gotten a single frostwood log. What is the percentage on them? Valorite is easier to get. :(

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the % are the same for logs as for the special ingots.
Percentage is not even close, you can find Valorite ingots easily, finding Frostwood is impossible, and when you do it's some dorky little place where the total is 40 logs and changes the second time you hit it. Completely and utterly a travesty what they did to Lumberjacks.

Lordela

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My experience :
1 week ago, I spend 2/3 hours by yew and....nothing but Yew Wood (alot)
Yesterday, same area : found 5 ou 6 Heartwood trees in less than 10 min, and a solo Bloodwood.
Today : I was in need for arrows and collected some wood north of New Heaven. When collecting woods I usually try to "test" as many trees as possible (in case...), and BINGO : a Frostwood tree was waiting for me west from Necromancer's area.
Result : I get 8 x 11 logs (Humain). The less success rate was 2 x 11 Frostwood logs, and the best one was 6 x 11 frostwood logs.
I succed to collect more than 300 Frostwood logs before I loged out. I came back 1 hour later and I was able to collect some more Frostwood before the ressource changed to Bloodwood (on the same tree). Total = 429 frostwods logs (including the +1 log for human).
Then, 3 hours later, it finaly changed to Oak
Am I lucky ? Maybee, as yesterday I additionaly get a Yew and Heartwood fletcher's tool (30 quests olny to get that).

Last edited:

Lordela

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have something to add to my previous comments : how do you collect woods or ores ?
When looking for valuables ressources, it is a good idea to "test" as much trees or areas as possible.
I never spend my time when I get 5/6 iron ores : you have resonably no chance to get another metal after collecting 5/6 irons. Same for woods.
Did you collected anything else than Iron or regular wood ? Move imediately : you won't get anything else than oak, dull coper, etc...
I figure that anyone know how to collect ressources, but a reminder may be usefull.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My experience :

Result : I get 8 x 11 logs (Humain). The less success rate was 2 x 11 Frostwood logs, and the best one was 6 x 11 frostwood logs.
Can I come and see if your luck will rub off on me? So long since I found a Frost tree I don't even remember. However, the above result confuses me, I thought you always got multiple hits of 4 (40 Logs for Elf 44 Logs for Human), then multiples of that, i.e. 40 logs, 80 logs, 120 logs etc on up to who knows how many, I've found some big trees in my lumberjack life.

Lordela

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Can I come and see if your luck will rub off on me? So long since I found a Frost tree I don't even remember. However, the above result confuses me, I thought you always got multiple hits of 4 (40 Logs for Elf 44 Logs for Human), then multiples of that, i.e. 40 logs, 80 logs, 120 logs etc on up to who knows how many, I've found some big trees in my lumberjack life.
That's right, it was in fact a x 12 logs : you corrected the mistake yourself.
And don't forget Yew trees (not limited to x 12)
But unfortunately, I have to said that there's something strange with your poor track results. Frostwood looks like to be much more commun that what you said. Today I found another one (4 x 11 tree) just south of New Heaven portal, and I didn't collected any woods since my last message. As I'm a returning player, I have no info about wood ressource's collect rate, but I think it's not too difficul to find.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's right, it was in fact a x 12 logs : you corrected the mistake yourself.
And don't forget Yew trees (not limited to x 12)
But unfortunately, I have to said that there's something strange with your poor track results. Frostwood looks like to be much more commun that what you said. Today I found another one (4 x 11 tree) just south of New Heaven portal, and I didn't collected any woods since my last message. As I'm a returning player, I have no info about wood ressource's collect rate, but I think it's not too difficul to find.
Now that you've had a few weeks, is your luck still holding and finding a Frostwood tree every 10 minutes? heh, I'd bet not.

And I didn't understand the above statement about Yew trees not limited to x 12. If you mean you can get more than 12 hits, you can do that with any color wood, you just have to explore other areas to find some BIG trees. I've seen trees have as many as 1600 logs in some areas.