• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frost drake (from Krampus)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know what I am doing, so I am going to ask stupid questions.
Can I add an area effect, armor ignore, and mysticism? Or is the Cold Wind going to stop me from adding one of those?

Is mysticism useful on a pet? Does it heal and cure itself using mysticism?
Is spellweaving useful on a pet (instead of mysticism)? How about necromancy?

Am I asking the right questions?
Are there other questions I should be asking?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go AI/Chiv.

You can go AI and the other magics they get incl Discord. They dont have necro as a choice.

Mystic pets heal when low on health. Cure like Chiv pets do.

They are kinda short on points so other pets make better things other than AI/Chiv.

If you want to play with other magics use a Lesser Hiryu. They have lots of points and can get any magic other than necro and magery.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Any question popping up in your mind is worth asking. Some may feel silly, but when starting on a new path you have a lot of new questions pop up as you move along. Good luck and enjoy Laura!

We would think Cold Wind being one of three abilities would prevent you adding all three, though sometimes exceptions allow a 4th to be added when magical ability is added last. We are not knowledgeable enough, maybe some expert will be able to share more on that?
If it is up and running, you might want to copy your tamer and test a few things on Test Center, though we seem to remember someone mentioning the gate for insta-pet-training to 100% was gone? Haven't been on there in a while ourselves.

We refrain from commenting on the Mysticism and Spellweaving, haven't gotten round to try those ourselves on our pets yet. But you might want to have a look at the CAH website, they have quite some info on the magics to be added. Spellweaving spells do look very heavy on the mana from what we read there.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, being a 100% Elemental pet, they do best as Chiv+AI. Bring them out against a boss that is weakest to Cold damage (such as Virtuebane, Stygian Dragon, Rikktor, Semidar, Abscess, Belfry GD, etc), and they'll out damage any other pet against them. Giving them anything other than Chiv+AI is kind of a waste of their potential, especially considering they're an event pet that can only be tamed for a limited time.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry, not related to the OP topic, but we're wondering:
Our limited experience with battling Semidar with pets showed that the stronger our pet is offensively, the harder it is to keep it alive? Because of her reflect damage ability? All pets are regarded as male by the game mechanics we understood? So we now use a defensive tanky beetle to keep her at bay, and flamestrike the hell out of her corpse skinned bottom! What is your experience with that reflecting damage?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, she does reflect damage back on your pet, but i just combine bandy healing along with Greater Heals, and it keeps them alive most of the time.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, what would repel do on a pet like this? I just bonded my Frost drake and was looking at how to build him. Has anyone tried repel would it be better on a meat shield?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So skilling up my Frost drake on Pirates. I have not given the pet any magic, just resist Stats and Regen's. I have not healed the pet for 2 levels. What gives with healing winds? I can see the smal numbers raising and the pet loses some mana. He gains hitpoints pretty quick. Any ideas

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Repel does not increase mana enough to give up damage.

Pets live off the basic Mana Regen from MR and Int.

I do not understand your last Q about Healing winds. Unless you mean Cold Wind. It Would use some mana. The pet wont use much Mana until you put on abilities and a Magic on the Pet.

Last edited:

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bad, The questions was about what does cold wind do. I guess because my Frost Drake was healing itself I called it healing . My bad. I will play around some more with it. I have saved enough points for chivalry and AI along with scrolls. I have about 5 of these so I picked the lowest Dex and will mess around with that one for awhile

Thanks for your help
There may be more questions to follow