• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) From the EM Moderaors Site

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but that's precisely my point: that takes arbitragists, aka traders, to do that. If people with shard shields only use them to bring stuff for themselves (as I do) it's not going to even the public prices. That's why traders are important and the lack of them on Europa is hurting the whole shard. That's why I'm not bashing ET as most of you do hehe
Strange you say 'but', show me where I disagreed with you.....?

However, the other issue, of taking event items off their 'home' shard, is where many people have a go at cross shard trading, and I think they are right to do so because if the events and associated items are to build the community and 'history' of a shard, they should stay there. Your examples were of practical, useful items available to any player on any shard, and that a multi-shard market for those exists is now established and unavoidable.

Cross-shard trading can have a useful effect in reducing the average costs of those items for everyone - but the relative wealth of players affects prices in bizarre ways and the sheer amount of gold held by some of us distorts prices everywhere. One problem is until we take some of that out of the system, that won't change. Something not affecting game play that is desirable enough for the hugely wealthy to actually buy using gold and nothing else would be the perfect solution, no compulsion or wipes of gold or the (idiotic) idea of 'revaluation of gold, simply give people a reason to willingly take the stuff out of circulation and if they like the thing that's for sale enough - they will buy it. We have to be willing to drop the idea that 'everything must be available to everyone' for some specific things that benefit everyone by the results of them existing.

When it comes to the things that are meant to be particularly FOR a specific shard, and have no practical gameplay-affecting use, they should stay where they were made for.

Nations do it quite regularly to protect their historical heritage, without affecting trade in anything else - shards should work the same way.

People tend to lump everything - gold, relative wealth, cross-shard trading and so much more - into one unrefined heap of 'it's all wrong', but if we want a constructive and workable solution there needs to be recognition that it's more complicated and subtle than that, and whilst the problems within the systems we have need examining carefully and it must be understood that they may in some ways be interconnected, they need resolving in different ways. One answer won't fit all.... and honestly, I don't think EA have the time, resource or basic desire to sort the messes out.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Europa economy is totally broken. You not only can't buy anything, but also you can't sell anything.
I was trying to sell imbuing ingredients and couldn't sell even most popular ones like Boura Pelts, Essences of Order, Faery Dusts. When I started a char on Atlantic I was able to sell even less used ingredients like Toxic Venom Sac and Slith Tongue. This allowed me being a new player (on Atlantic) collect gold for stats/power scrolls during one week (I started farming in a 1 hour of creating the char - right after I left New Heavens with 50 points in fighting skills skills).

I'm trying to buy one Refinement reg for two months and I can't. From the other hand I have a lot of refinement regs... and can't sell them.

Last edited: