• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Friday Nights Hunts have returned!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we near the fall season of the year, with the foliage changing colors and the air outside getting cooler an old Catskills tradition has been reborn. Last week a few members of the SCB Guild(Senior Citizens of Britannia) invited everyone on the shard to join them in the rebirth of the “Friday Night Hunt”. An weekly event that was known for gathering players together for a fun evening of camaraderie and high adventure.

Friday Night Hunt Group Sept 12th 2008

These hunts were once a high point of many players week because the organizers would plan excursions to places that many players have never been to before, or that were too challenging for a small party to attempt. The Friday Night Hunts gave players a chance to try new things and learn some of the tricks to survive these areas from veterans who had mastered them before.

The previous organizers ran events such as Champion spawns, Naked dungeon crawls, Caroling in Doom and also actions to support the ongoing live storylines. Like clearing all the cities during the Ophidian war or helping players complete the “Candle of Love” quest. The spokesperson for the Old Friday Night Hunts was the queen of death herself Anne Nomilly of the O*S guild (Order of the Shield). Who used her leadership skills to keep everything running smoothly while entertaining everyone with her charming friendly humor. Unfortunately real life caught up with Anne and she did not have the time she use to organize these events, and the Hunts slowly faded away for a while. (Anne joined for the second of the new Friday Night Hunts and appeared to enjoy herself very much. Though for those of you who know Anne she did not die for a change.)

The new representatives for the Friday Night Hunts are BarefootPrincess and Ally Oops who hope to make this a fun night for anyone who wishes to take part. Both of these Ladies are well known long time players on the shard and very community minded. They encourage you to come join them if you want something fun to do on a Friday night.

The Catskills Forum should have posted where they plan the next hunt to be at, and as normal everyone will gather at the Trammel side Yew Moongate at 8 PM EST. There everyone will divide into parties, be given any items they may need and a Focus should be offered to those of you who are spell weavers.

So if you are new to the shard or just bored and have nothing to do come join the Hunt and make new friends, and have fun, you will not be disappointed.

G

Gwenyth

I missed it too :sad2: I'll make sure to remember next Friday night.

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be sure to meet up with you all when I have that night off. So far I've had to work the last two friday nights, blech! Sometimes 3rd shift really sucks!

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Gwen, next time, answer the PHONE woman! :lick:

Seriously, HUGE kudos to Barefoot Princess and Ally Oop for reviving this. Everyone had a great time and it was wonderful seeing old friends (and new ones). You ladies both deserve a huge round of applause for doing such an excellent job.

O, and Vallend, I do believe, I was not the ONLY one who didn't die old friend. See? Miracles do still happen! LOL

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that sounds really fun! i will plan to come to the next one :)
i don't typically play cats, but i have a fully trained mage on cats who would love some adventure!!! thanks for organizing this guys :)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was indeed loads of fun, and I'll be sure to try to make the next one as well.

And the next one after that...

Thanks for putting this together organizer-people!