• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Friday Night - Corgul Hunting!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy crew,

last night, Va'lis, Trinsac and me tried ta hunt down Corgul, an evil creature of the sea that lives on a floating island. Tamer, swordsman and mage we were. We successfully removed the masses of pirates swarming the island before we engaged Corgul himself. However, we weren't even able to scratch him and had to leave again.

Tonight we will try this with a bigger group. Whatever skill ye have, join us! A repond slayer will be of great help, since most pirates and Corgul himself are of that class.

I'd say we get started between 5-9 pm EST. Be there or be keelhauled!

I will provide the map needed to find and access the island.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahoy - sounds like you pirates held your own and represented the UP well!

I don't get home from work until 7PM EDT... I could probably make it on by 8:15/8:30 if you all are still engaged or just getting started.

I'll look here as the plan develops.

I will be out-of-town Saturday and Sunday.

Oh! Thank ye Cap'n for the cannons. They look mighty fine on the deck of me ship.

S

Sydrik Harpune

Wish I could make it, but doubt it is possible... if I am online I will join you though!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, Corgul. I may need to open a vendor just for all the loot I'm getting from his soul-bound!

Alas, fighting Corgul himself has been less than productive. I've come to the conclusion that without a team, he's really tough!

Rumor has it that life leeching damages you more than it heals you, so I would leave the life-leech weapons at home next time you visit his isle. Path learned how to leech life naturally (Vampire Embrace... LOVE that spell) and I think that the rumors have a strong base in fact, so a vampire-tank will likely not work out well.

My next plan is to send Aneirin into the fray rather than Farsight to see how well an archer does against Corgul himself. I expect the results will be very positive if there's a mage-healer aboard for the trip.

Also:
I'm hoping to find a 80-100% fire based composite bow or heavy crossbow for future trips, but I'm currently in no hurry for that. A necromancer with corpse skin is a requirement for the battle as far as I'm concerned.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good conclusion, Aneirin!
Like in 99% of the cases, here too Sharkeye Pike is my preferred template for hunting Corgul. I can heal fellow guild members and damage Corgul fairly well if he has been corpse-skinned. An level 6 Focus helps a lot, too.

I'm always ready for visiting this fellow, but not too late at night cause I need sleep.