• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frenzy Training

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it best to train these little critters individually or in their pack?

A

Amgedpha

For regular hunting, training frenzieds one at a time is the best way to go, IMO. When they're in a pack, they kill so fast that they hardly get enough hits to gain a decent amount of skill.

However, with shadow iron elementals, you might as well grab the whole pack and have them train on it. Those shadow iron elementals don't take damage from pets. Just make sure something else is taking the hits. Maybe if you have a friend training a cu sidhe, the cu can take the hits.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took my pack critters out together and just gave them turns in killing things. You can also take out a nightmare or another tank pet with a few of your pack and attack something bigger.

As you need skills around the level of your pets, sometimes you need to be a little creative. I think some of my hell kittens started on deathwatch hatchlings (they don't auto attack which is handy) and then we went hunting gaman. I have macros for each pet to kill, follow etc on my pack tamer, so I just set each cat off to kill a different beast and kept a close eye on their health :)

Wenchy

U

uoBuoY

I have 2 accounts, 2 computers and a Tamer on each account. Dig up a Shadow El, tank with a Cu on one account and bring in Team Frenzied on the other account. That's what I did for fast but exceedingly boring training!

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not got two accs!
I did wonder about the pack or single training, as i heard the rip up most things.

Thanks guys, will have to find a tamer training their cu against a shadow =]

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh there's no need to worry about shadow eles, trust me you'll easily train a pack of frenzies up just hunting the right things :)

Just found my training doodles, this is what I did with the cats:

Deathwatch hatchings to 53.6
Corpsers to 77.2 or ettin or gaman will take them to about 80.6
At 60.1 you can try lizardmen or trolls to 87.3
Finish up with harpies, ogres and black solen warriors

Then you'd just need to work on magic resist and your pack is trained. But none of those mobs should prove too tricky for a frenzy. Keep them fed as you go and change spot to suit the lowest skilled frenzy in your group and you'll do fine.

Wenchy

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read in the training guide its easier to spam the pet with clumsy to gm the resist, so will more than likley do that!

Soonas hey bond, will head over to Zento and make a start on a few hatchlings.

Thanks for your help =]

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I trained my Pack of Frenzieds on a Shadow Ele. Waited till one of my friends had one up and asked to join in. After they got to 100 in all their skills except Magic Resist it was one at a time off to New Haven letting Spectral Spellbinders to do the work of gaining their resist. I've tried the Casting on them myself approach but, I don't have Med and the template isn't geared towards casting, so MR on the suit isn't there. Besides 8 Spellbinders raised it faster than I could....

S

Salty Pete

I trained my Pack of Frenzieds on a Shadow Ele. Waited till one of my friends had one up and asked to join in. After they got to 100 in all their skills except Magic Resist it was one at a time off to New Haven letting Spectral Spellbinders to do the work of gaining their resist. I've tried the Casting on them myself approach but, I don't have Med and the template isn't geared towards casting, so MR on the suit isn't there. Besides 8 Spellbinders raised it faster than I could....
I used that on my GD the other night. It was very effective. It only took about 2 hours to get resist near max.