• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frenzied Whirlwind and Hit effects.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to check with someone who knows, how does Frenzied Whirlwind work with something like Hit Fire Area? The same as normal whirlwind attack?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to check with someone who knows, how does Frenzied Whirlwind work with something like Hit Fire Area? The same as normal whirlwind attack?
It seems to work as 2 whirlwind attacks that instead of hitting adjacent tiles it hits 2 tiles radius and only charge you mana once. But it kinda defeats the purpose of a WW Sampire since the special move has something like a 12 second cooldown in between uses.

Edit: I did this test on a human char with 120 bushido/ 0 ninja.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah see, I was afraid of something like that. Thanks WU. Guess I won't be having an AOE tetsubo of doom made. I'll have to make it a black staff instead.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Titan's Hammer. It's nice for AOE but it's sooooo slooooow. Was thinking of getting a tetsubo and imbuing it (fill in the blank) Slayer, max ML, max DI, max Hit Energy Area, and like 15 SSI. Yeah this adds up, checked on a calculator.

Then I could obliterate the early stages of spawns with whirlwind while still having a good weapon for wailing on single targets.

Black staff is a bit slower though. Might want to lower something else and include more SSI.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pots, Divine Fury

I was curious about the Double Tap myself. I noticed that sometimes it would just flat out PWN spawns, but the rest of the time the special was garbage. I still stick with my radiant scimitars. I gotta get around to making a macer.

C

chuckoatl

If you go macing, black staffs are the sh1t. Also make war axes for the slayers, AI FTW!!!

C

Conrad99

Black staff all the way for WW on a macer.

I use to use war hammers for the WW attack but I had to imbue a high Swing Speed on all my weapons and could not max it out to swing as fast as a black staff.

But now with the ability to make black staffs (love the devleopers added them) the swing speed can be low so you can add more properties at a higer level and hit more DPS.

As well I enhance all my to give more properties. They are wooden so a carp with a good talisman and the carp bench you can enhance most of the time.

I made 8 so far imbued to the limit (450/500) and while enhancing only broke 2.

Just my 2 cents

C

Conrad99

Yes. When making super slayer weapons I don't use the exceptional weapons I make, that way I can add the 5 properties I want. That was the 450 I was referring too.

The extra damage increase does not make that much difference so I hate to waste the property. I would rather have a leech of some sort.