• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Freesing Issues...

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to be having bad freesing issues.. about every 5 minutes i freese and have to restart UO.... everything else is running fine..

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What have you got running in the background? ICQ, MSN etc etc?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not enough detail...

Client?
System specs?
OS?
Are driver up to date?
Is the system free of Malware?
Does the case get good airflow to keep everything cool?

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not enough detail...

Client?
System specs?
OS?
Are driver up to date?
Is the system free of Malware?
Does the case get good airflow to keep everything cool?
Using 2d client
AMD 64 3200+ overclocked to 2.4 gig
1 gig ram
Gforce 3 6800gt video
all drivers up to date
I do scans every 2 days and dont use IE ever...
Case has 6 fans and runs about 40 degrees C with full load...
All i run when playing UO is UOmap Ventilo uo uoa and icq. No other processes.

So... I just play UO... about every 5-10 minutes... OR if i cross a major server line... i freese and have to restart UO... nothing else is effected.

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a little update... tring to fix this issue i blew out my wireless drivers..... did a full reinstall...... reinstalled UO........... still everything else works fine but uo freeses.

Now when i freese i can just let it sit there and it will unfreese for a spit second every 30 seconds to a minute, but if i just shut down UO and restart it it runs fine again for a few minutes.......

G

godski

Did you try setting the CPU and RAM to stock settings just to see if the crashing is due to that? You prolly know, but that can cause odd work with some, but not other app problems.

Also, might try watching your task manager to see if some other program kicks in when this happens.

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought of that... but i been playing UO on this computer at these settings for 3 years now. I actualy have turned it down from where i had it set. WOW would crash all the time. But this is more of a connection issue....

Thanks for the input thou u ol fisherman u...

G

godski

I'm not sure if this is till the FQDN for Napa, but open a command prompt and run: ping -t napavalley.owo.com

Leave it run a bit without the client and see if you get any time outs. Then let it run with the client and see what happens.

Do you have another PC you could try on your network to see if it's specific to that one?

Hmm, Is the network connection from your PC only wireless? If so, have you added any new wireless equipment? I know some wireless phones can interfere with wireless networking if they are on the same frequency or close to it.

I sure hope it's not your ISP to EA. I've had that happen a couple times over the years and just waited until it cleared up.

Not sure what else to ask. Hope ya get it worked out. I can't wait to turn in some old fishing loot. I been hoarding that stuff for years lol.

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well.... i ran the ping for 15 minutes and no time outs... No new wireless equipment... and i been running this computer off this same wireless for 2 years now with no problem... And i know its not my ISP because while im frose..... i can surf the web, and i can just restart UO and it will run fine again for a few minutes.....

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As i got done typing the last message i had 1 time out, out of 655 packets sent....

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does the same thing happen with other memory intensive games? that is.. do you randomly have say.. massive temporary slowdown spikes in newer 3D games as well?

Ones that otherwise run fine I mean.. obviously not ones that have constant slowdown throughout. :p