• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Found this in the stable

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, all this training stuff is new to me. I'll have to see. I read some other threads about copying to TC1 before messing with them on prod.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For value, what is most important? STR?
Depends on the animal.

For white wyrms, strength is usually what determines it's desirability followed by it's cold resist (closer to 80 the better)

And again, if you decide to keep them, train lots of other things first and then practice on tc before training on live.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure I have at least 5 PP Wyrms. I think these two were the best ones. Near max STR and over 80% cold resists.

For what I'm reading about the value of them. It may be hard not to sell in order to buy a castle again.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what did they screw up that makes these PP, untrained tames so much more desirable then a fresh tame?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Near max STR and over 80% cold resists.
They want the cold resist low as possible. But they will not admit that few mobs do cold damage.

What term describes that?

The firesteed is same as we can get now. It is a 2 slot so that is good.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So what did they screw up that makes these PP, untrained tames so much more desirable then a fresh tame?
They didnt "screw up" anything. They standardized all animals and the control slots they take by associating an intensity cost with every stat an animal has. Just so happens according to that new intensity value system all old wyrms, nightmares, dragons and bake kitsune had values higher than what the current system allows. So instead of nerfing them, they grandfathered them to allow that.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They want the cold resist low as possible. But they will not admit that few mobs do cold damage.
it's about having balanced resists, which is harder to do when you have a white wyrm with 90 cold resist.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bond them if they aren't already.
Have your pets that don't already have 125 dex gain that through combat.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Holly Bajeezus!
You have more than a Billion $UO gold worth of pets. The dread is priceless..also has good stats. Should fetch you a good 350 M alone, the WW's are next in line : Very exp. pets as PP (100-200M each depending on stats, and buyers) and mares are decent too. 5 WWs? that is awesome. You have hit jackpot my friend! That is IF you decide to sell..If you do..You need to post them for bids in the =traders forum= for auction or bids, and get people's ideas on them. Don't sell in-game. People will travel across shards to get these super rare pets, I assure you. I would not train the dread. Its a keepsake. Also there may be a remote chance the Devs may change magery weight slightly lower, and allow Dragon breath to be removable. If that happens tghis will make them even more valuable (But of course this may never happen also). See what was sold in the traders forum, search for dread war horse, then white Wyrm, nightmare etc, and get an idea what sells if you decide to sell any of these. After you do the homework a little bit, then you will have less of a chance to lose value that belongs to you.
You just looked in stable for the first time? Or you just activated a long not used account?
If you are not interested in taming now, I would keep the dread, and 2 of your best WWs, and 1-2 mares in case you become interested in the future. Most important : Don't get pressured to sell other than a few of these to get gear, regs etc, or you will regret it later. ( I am an expert in selling a dread war horse for peanuts a while back to get gear and regs to a "nice and willing" buyer whose name I will not mention again, and also ruining 2 PP WWs and one PP mare goofing off when taming revamp hit.. LOL .. Bitter experiences you will not forget.)

Any rate GRATS for the uber stable!!!!!

:drool::thumbsup:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You just looked in stable for the first time? Or you just activated a long not used account?
I like houses so much and BODs, I have 11 accounts. I reactivated 6 of them. Three of them have a tamer with full stables and another has only a few pets. I haven't played in just over four years and I haven't used any of my tamers since Greater Dragons were fairly new. My daughter played one of the tamers for a while and bought up a bunch of Cus but they don't seem to be worth anything. I think they're all 4 slots too. I'll have to look.

Last edited:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Nightmares weren't really all that good when I was playing my tamers. What are people using them for nowadays?

What is the Dreadmare good for?

What are PvP tamers using?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nightmares are good because the pre patch ones have enough points to add AI/Chiv.

Dreadmares are deco but you can make an attempt at a magery pet or a low on extras AI/Chiv pet.

They nerfed pets in PvP in minutes when someone cried about a bird chasing them.

Also see if you have any of the color no taming required horses (worth a lot if cool color) or Bake Kitsunes (worth like NM).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you not see these points until after you click the 'begin training' button?
You begin training and when at 100% you get 1501 points when you enter that menu.

Practice on one of the Hiryus or Cus!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You begin training and when at 100% you get 1501 points when you enter that menu.

Practice on one of the Hiryus or Cus!
Ah I c. Suppose it's time to dive into the A-Z guide pinned up top.

Dreadmares are deco but you can make an attempt at a magery pet or a low on extras AI/Chiv pet..
Damn! People paying that much for a fancy ride? It's like the Veyron of UO. LOL.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ah I c. Suppose it's time to dive into the A-Z guide pinned up top.

Damn! People paying that much for a fancy ride? It's like the Veyron of UO. LOL.
That's the Blaze colored CU, which often fetch 2+ billion gold (2 plat+) each.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the Blaze colored CU, which often fetch 2+ billion gold (2 plat+) each.

Jeezus Christ! How do people have that much gold to blow on useless crap?

At my peak with 11 accounts and 20 BOD collectors when Barbed Runic kits were 12 mil each. I never had more than 50 million gold in the bank.

It was pretty neat to finally see the banking system switched over to an account but I was surprised by the addition of Platinum. 1 Billion gold. Wow!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just saw a really nice dreadmare on Atlantic. If that is normal, they make a really nice magery pet.

He wanted 1.2Plat for it. All 120 scrolls and all the bells and whistles.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. And with 120 scrolls. Have you seen what the 120 scrolls cost now? Wrest tactics anat resist focus med

So they look like they would make a better magery pet than a current 2 slot NM.

The sad thing is I have not seen a dreadmare on atlantic made correctly with any build until this one.

So do not mess yours up.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pets use the same scrolls as players?

I have noticed how pricey 120 scolls are now. And, there aren't a lot of the ones ya need even on a vendor.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup they eat the same ones. So prices went crazy.
Those wrestling, focus and med scrolls that I grabbed off the ground for years paid off.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Very poor planning and foresight by the Devs, who in all likelihood don't play the game, and "Drop things here and there and lets see what happens". No carefully planned and thought out ideas, and no clue about the potential consequences of such new items like the pet revamp, the fact that they need PS to upgrade, and the fact that most people had to go to RMT sites to get PS for their pets as soon as they came back to the game or very shortly thereafter. Also the word is "If you want PS and complain about the PS why don't you go get them from Fel spawns yourself". As if when you go to Fel spawns to ghet PS you surely will get all 120's of the ones you need. In reality, you need to quit your job, and try to get them with many hours of hard spawning and getting PKd, as the PS you get are mostly 105, and 110, some 115 and few 120. And all this just for your pets!! So just checked wrestling 120 PS in Atl UP again : 45-50 million per!

We also have developed a breed of PVP that wait hidden/stealthing in the shadows, till you have killed the spawn, and engaged with the champion, then they come and kill you towards the end and take your PS. What a lot of people do is kiss the Pkers in the B*t, so that they may do protecting etc..Sry did not mean to derail things.:offtopic:

Things should have been planned correctly, the pet advancements should NOT have been character white PS. Training and skilling pets is grind enough. This takes it to the Nth degree, where you need to develop a Sampire, or a Necro Mage, go and do spawns with these countless hours to get PS for none else than your pets.

This has been a SORE issue with a lot of tamers, and every time it is muted, and nothing is done, since every time the PKers come out of the woodwork, start crying and complaining. It sadly also is quite possible that at least some the same Pkers are at least partially linked to the RMT system that sells the PS, so there is profit to be made in real $ by terrorizing the spawns.

Pets should NOT have to use same white PS as we do for our characters. Poor, careless planning not thought out at all. I would like to see how they are going to fix this, now that the cat is out of the bag, and new players have an awful time to get PS.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost all, 40-50 or so, of my characters are riding a horse.

How do I tell if they are the ZERO taming ones?

Most of'em are probably bought from the stable in Britain on their birthday 12-18 years ago.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's about having balanced resists, which is harder to do when you have a white wyrm with 90 cold resist.

I get balancing resists, I craft a lot of armor.

But you're not going to use a WW against any mob that does fire damage right?

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So, are new nightmares not really worth it? I assume a legacymare is basically always better than even a +100% new one?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So, are new nightmares not really worth it? I assume a legacymare is basically always better than even a +100% new one?
Legacy will always be better than a new one, but that doesn't mean the new ones are worthless, people still tame them.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, are new nightmares not really worth it? I assume a legacy mare is basically always better than even a +100% new one?
In my opinion they are MUCH better. BUT, are the new ones "worth it"? It depends on what you are going to do with it, and what level scrolls you are going to put on it, and don't forget about the new "void" color. So they have some value.

The bottom line is that the PP Nightmares are going to have "roughly" 200-220 more Strength than the ones that currently spawn. Which, on a finished pet equates to 200-220 more hit points, or 1200-1320 mana, OR the COMPLETE cost of points needed for the full set of 120 PS's.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I found another tamer with a small stable. Was my nephew's account 2003-2007.

He has one Bake Kitsune. What are the stats preferred for him?

1 WW, 724 STR, 62/25/83/47/47

Also has a Rune Beetle and Unicorn. Those aren't worth anything though right?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Check the unicorn carefully, if it’s a meat eater, then you have something very special!
I was going to mention that, though I don't know how much people are willing to pay for meat eating unicorns. I'd pay a little bit, but not like a nightmare/ww

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cannibal Unicorns...

Mine dances and can add. Does that make it worth more?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have found many purple bunnies in my inventory even some odd plague rats... but not much else of any interest.