• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Found a Place Where Bards Outshine Tamers!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I have not used my bard very often, despite the many hours that I've invested in bringing him to 120 disco/provo/peace/music. He seemed to lack umph, especially compared to my tamers, ABC archer, and necro/mage. This evening, however, I finally found a place where bards outshine all other templates: the Stygian Dragon Lair Entrance.

The forgotten servants and the renown wyvern can make this area difficult. Tamers, ABC archers, and necro/mages are all viable here, but they must lead off forgotten servants to kill them one at a time. A group of forgotten servants + renown wyvern can kill a greater dragon pretty easily. In a nutshell, this area doable with these templates, but it takes a while.

Bored with my other toons, I decided to try out my bard/archer at some mini-champs. First stop, Stygian Dragon lair entrance. All of the wyverns were dead, but the place was crawling with forgotten servants. Using provoke and disco, my bard archer - typically one of my weaker characters - was able to clear the entire area of servants and kill the renown wyvern in 15 to 20 minutes, all by himself. Not even my archer/tamer could accomplish this feat in so short a time.

I suspect that this is similar with many mini-champs. Perhaps the bards did get some love in the SA release!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive been cruising around with my disco archer ruling the land as well.

even the slasher.

we tryed it with tamers and didnt get anywhere.

then we took a pack of archer and i discoed him and it was easy sailing.