• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Forgive me, I have a cold.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

My mom plays UO and is the family gardener. I am posting a couple questions from her. I am asking your forgiveness beacuse the answers may lie somewhere in the forum or database, but I'm suffering from a hideous cold and just staring at the screen is giving me a headache. So thanks for your help in advance.

First, a general observation. Mom is the orange petal grower for our cadre of characters and has been doing that for a long time now and so definetly not a plant newb. For a while she was having a large number of her plants dying or needing twice the amount of cures/heals. Then she said how it suddenly seemed to get better. I noticed this seemed to correspond with EA turning off the Haloween Content and wondered if there was some issue there.

Anyone else suddenly begin having problems with growing orange petals that shares, or wishes to debunk my theory that the Haloween content messed it up?

Ok second... I sent her a couple links from this forum that I thought included the new seeds and what critters you get them from. I drop seeds at her house for her all the time and I was hoping to start labelling the pouches as to which critter, etc. Anyway, the links I sent her don't have that info and I'm sure I saw that somewhere... can't remember if it was even on Stratics to be honest with ya. Any help there appreciated.

I'd like to talk mom into getting her own stratics account but she gets confused with all the doo-flinkies on the website. Oh, in case you're wondering... mom is in her 70ishies... so NO, Sam the Scribe is not 14yrs old. :loser:

Well, my head is pounding and again, thanks if this info is right in front of my face... I appreciate you all spoon feeding it to me. Now, which one of you has my chicken soup! The tunnel is ready for the train! (Ok, I'm not 14, but I act like a 14yr old sometime) :hahaha:

Safe Travels, Sam

BTW: This smiley > :lick: Is very creepy... why on earth would anyone be licking folks in a public forum. I wish they would rename it to "tongue-wag." I think I'll head to Atlantic now and have Sam write a very, very long story about that.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Sharantyr,

I've forwarded that to mom. Sorry to be so lazy and not find that myself but I really did feel like old gum on the bottom of a shoe this am.

Now... did any folks have thoughts on the possibility that changes for the Haloween content messed up plants for a while? I can try and get more details from mom, and it could just be a coincidence that her plants got healthier right around the date they turn off the Haloween stuff... but who knows in UO.

As I mentioned before, she is VERY experienced at growing orange petals so I really doubt she was doing something wrong unless there have been other changes to gardening that require new procedures...

I don't grow plants, I grow characters so I the middle man here.

I would like to try and talk her into joining this forum, but she's pretty stubborn... she learned that from me!

Safe Travels, Sam

F

Flora Green

I have been having problems with plant ailments since August. One rushes plant was wilted for 9 days despite being tended to daily. Recently I had the same problem with a flowery fire cactus. I will have plants drop from vibrant to healthy overnight and require two waterings. For me, Halloween had nothing to do with my plant issues. Maybe someone else can provide more info.

G

Garthosss

I have been having problems with plant ailments since August. One rushes plant was wilted for 9 days despite being tended to daily. Recently I had the same problem with a flowery fire cactus. I will have plants drop from vibrant to healthy overnight and require two waterings. For me, Halloween had nothing to do with my plant issues. Maybe someone else can provide more info.

Just Treating the ailment is not enought
add 2 Greater Heals and 2 Greater Strength to help it out
will bring a Wilted plant back to Health or Vibrant in 2 days.

F

Flora Green

Just Treating the ailment is not enought
add 2 Greater Heals and 2 Greater Strength to help it out
will bring a Wilted plant back to Health or Vibrant in 2 days.
Done that multiple times. Still stays wilted for long periods. :coco:

S

Sharantyr

I have one of these strange wilted plants at the moment too Flora, on day 5 while the others from the group I planted that day are on day 8.

I carry a keg of both poison and cure and 6-8 bottles of heal and strength. A few times while tending plants I've noticed you get the sound of the potion being poured on the plant and the text 'you pour the potion over the plant' but it doesn't register on the plant menu that the potion has been added.

If its a poison or cure (from a keg) that wont register, I've found taking 1 bottle from the keg and then tending the plant will work or crossing the server line. For heal and strength (from bottles) I just cross the server line. Haven't tried taking 1 bottle from the stack to see if that works.

So I think its more a potion bug than a plant bug.

S

Stucky

I only use kegs and still have this problem with the wilting so its the plants. I've lost hundreds of plants in the last few weeks after nearly dying on their first night and not surviving the second after being fully potioned each time. I've been trying to get a big group done before the publish and let me tell you losing most of a bag of 50 white/black/fire stings when it happens daily... not to mention doubling the resources lost on potioning the damned thingfor no reason. :yell: