• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Forged Metal of Artifacts

Grugot

Journeyman
So if I wanted to use it to enhance bone armor, do I need to have high tailoring to make it work? Or can I have no tailoring skill and use the forged metal of Artifacts and I will get a 100% success rate?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You need the tailoring skill.

I tried it on a character years ago without any skill and it wouldn't do it.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone enhanced the new luck helmet yet with spined for more luck? If so, does it change its color? I assume you get added physical resist.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This can't be right. I tried horned on my tailor at 90 and I kept getting an error that I don't have the required skill.
Maybe needs GM or higher tailoring to use the forged metal of artifacts? Never seen anything mentioned before though.

The UO wiki has the same information, Tailoring – Ultima Online

I've only tried on my necro mage weaver with no crafting skills as I didn't have a crafter - I got the same message about not having the required skill, and since on my 120 tailor which worked.

Grugot

Journeyman
I ate some scroll of transcendence and got my tailoring up to 97 and it worked then. So not sure what level it needs to be at but it worked at 97 and didnt at 90.

I was going to test it on the test center but I just could not get my character copied over. Not sure if it is bugged or not.