• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Forcing objects to load in private house

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw a pretty custom house on an Asian shard that was nicely decorated with rares. The house was private, but I was still able to see all the items on displayed on the roof and on the outside of the house (porch area.) How is this done? Most of the time, the contents aren't seen unless you step on the plot. Thanks in advance

S

Salya Sin

If a house is set to private... you can still see what is on the roof or steps area... everything else is blocked. If it is a custom house... depending on how they have set up the roofing areas... you can occasionally see certain floors. Setting your house to private only hides what is contained within 4 walls and a solid roof. Hope that answers your question...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a couple of floor tiles that will force items to load up, they are the grey and yellow tiles in the house menu that look like little rafts from legend of zelda. People use them to make bridges sometimes, I think I mostly see them in lizardman encampments as pallets? Anyways, you can stick them under lots of stuff to get it to load up, IE you can tile a whole floor that way then lay carpet down and wont see the actual floor. Or if you have a statue, or some outside chopped up steps you can put it under the statue or the gozas or whatever and then it will always be loaded and wont show the insides.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After redesigning a Luna vendor house and wondering the same thing I recently discovered the use of those housing tiles too - they are unbelievably useful :)