• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For treasure hunting, bare minimums?

mihali

Sage
Do you need all of RT, LP and Cartography? Also you can still weigh the ancient guardians out? Have not done this for a while. Tyvm.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you do not have gm LP and Cart, you are limited to the type of maps you can decode/dig up and then open. RT does not matter as much but the higher the RT, the less of the ancient guardians you deal with and it is a lot quicker to remove.

Cat Musique

Journeyman
Back before the RT came out we had to have mining as well, I was happy that Cart replaced that but I hate the RT skill, wish we going back to the spell remove trap to work on T chest like dungeon traps chests. I have a tamer T hunter on Sonoma, loads of fun with her.
4-12-240008.jpg

mihali

Sage
So Carto is needed on the T-hunter themselves even though map is decoded? Aslo chest/loot quality depends on Carto also?

Cat Musique

Journeyman
So Carto is needed on the T-hunter themselves even though map is decoded? Aslo chest/loot quality depends on Carto also?
the higher your Cart the quicker you will be digging up that chest. Cartography – Ultima Online

Introduced in publish 105, cartography can also increase the dig radius from the treasure spot on treasure maps as follows:

• 0 to 50.9 skill gives a 1 tile radius (in other words, you must dig the exact correct spot of the chest)
  • 51 to 80.9 skill gives a 2 tiles radius
  • 81 to 99.9 skill gives a 3 tiles radius
  • 100 skill gives a 4 tiles radius

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the higher your Cart the quicker you will be digging up that chest. Cartography – Ultima Online

Introduced in publish 105, cartography can also increase the dig radius from the treasure spot on treasure maps as follows:

• 0 to 50.9 skill gives a 1 tile radius (in other words, you must dig the exact correct spot of the chest)
  • 51 to 80.9 skill gives a 2 tiles radius
  • 81 to 99.9 skill gives a 3 tiles radius
  • 100 skill gives a 4 tiles radius
Additionally having higher Carto gives better chance at "better" quality chest (ie gold or metal vs rusty). Having +5 carto glasses gives a small bump to this (I'm not really sure how much though).