• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For those that know, and those that don't....

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many of you remember me taking January off last year to attend my father's surprise 75th birthday celebration with my siblings. What many of you do not know is the things that happened since that.

January 11 was the first time in nearly 20 years that all the children (4 of us living, the oldest passed on before I was born) had been together in the same building. It was a beautiful and moving experience. I also believe that things like this happen for a reason, and that those reasons present themselves to us at a later time. It was one of the most memorable times I've had with my family and it's a good family.

Sadlly, five months later, and one of the other underlying reasons why I closed the auction house when I did, our father was put in the hospital and was very sick. It took them a week to find out what was wrong and it was news we all feared. In the end it was determined he has a form of cancer that can be slowed by chemo therapy, but not stopped, not put into remission. Since the end of May, he has been in Chemo and I've made trips down there to see him. Things have been going well till yesterday.

This explains a lot as to why I haven't been in game all that much and when I am, have been keeping to myself. I tend to not share when emotional things are going on, even tho I should.

Yesterday during a scan, they found dark spots inside of his lungs. First they thought it was a new area of cancer, but then they realized it was two sizeable blood clots. They're putting him on large amounts of blood thinners hoping to resolve them, but only time will tell.

So that's where things sit for me right now. I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worse. So if I disappear without warning, this is probably the reason why. Figured I'd share what's going on so people didn't get cranky with me if I vanish before an auction.

Thanks.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very sorry to hear of your fathers illness. Please don't hesitate to Q me if you need to and of course, don't worry about game issues. It's a trivial commitment compared to the grand scheme of things happening in your life right now.

L

Lady Tiger

I'm there for you cassie, I know it's hard to lose someone. Last month Sept 9th my Oldest brother passed away from Liver Cancer. He went so fast that it's still hard to believe he's gone and I still have those days of wanting to call him and talk to him but I go duh he's not there. It's hard to talk about these things and if you need someone to chat with i'm there for you. Talking these things out really does help. hugs

A

Arnie QuickPalm

Sorry to hear Cassie we just did hospise care for my wifes grandfather who passed in our home with his family at his side then earlier this year my father was diagnosed about same as yours and we get to go through it again you and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers

just a note take time to spend time in game or doing what relaxes you the most you need/deserve to take care of you !!

F

Flora Green

Cassie,

I'm terribly sorry about your Dad. You have friends here who are more than happy to lend and ear or a shoulder.

Lady Tiger and Arnie,

I'm sorry for the loss and illness in your families as well. We've all been through it in some manner or another. :(

F

Flora Green

Cassie,

I'm terribly sorry about your Dad. You have friends here who are more than happy to lend and ear or a shoulder.

Lady Tiger and Arnie,

I'm sorry for the loss and illness in your families as well. We've all been through it in some manner or another. :(