• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For those EU players who changed there directory

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last Beta was a stress test for the USA server and if you played from the EU you had to change your directory name. You will need to change it back gain today if you want to play from the EU. If you dont change the name on the directory back again, the game will want you to download the entire 20Gb again.

Rayden

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
There's a dropdown in the launcher that lets you select US or EU, when switching to EU it didn't seem to redownload the game for me. The play option appeared right away.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a dropdown in the launcher that lets you select US or EU, when switching to EU it didn't seem to redownload the game for me. The play option appeared right away.
It was the same for me. I then load it up again and it started to download the entire game again. Best to loot at the launcher to see if it says EU version

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On facebook there are loads of people saying they are having to re download it. I am being forced to download it again, but my sons copy, which was just downloaded this week is ok, kinda miffed he is now running around and im left stat behind him watching him have fun. Oh well I guess i will have to send him to bed early tonight so i can hog his laptop :devil:

Rayden

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Weird, I just switched for US to EU, logged in and played. The game didn't have to be redownloaded.

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, when I changed my NA folder to EU, it re-downloaded the entire NA client again. So I have 3 version on my computer...NA, EU, PTS.

TQQdles™

Rayden

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I never changed my folder name to begin with. When I first installed the client, I selected the US server, and played. Now I switched to the EU server, and can play again with having to download anything.
Off course, if I now want to switch to the US server, it actually does want to download the entire client again.