• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) For the Siege Thieves

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So i have this plan to start to carry a book or something in my pack once im done with my current training, and the idea behind the book is to offer some kind of reward to the thief that can succesfully steal this book and get away with it....i will try and kill you and if i succeed in killing you then obviously you fail...although i havent an idea for what kind of things to use as a reward...so my question to you thieves is....Does this interest you?...and if so what kinds of things would you like to see for a reward(let's be reasonable on these suggestions)...appreciate any feedback i get on this ....

Ducky Momo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would love this! Like a game. The actual reward is not that important to me. I'd say a reasonable amount of gold or some other semi-valuable item as a reward. (scrolls, arties, etc)

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I also totally endorse this idea! And I agree with Ducky, the reward is icing. For my part, I'd probably ask you to inscribe a book praising my thievery ^^

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could combine that idea with a [URL='http://ahirusan-no-oshiri.cocolog-nifty.com/uo/2012/09/post-0814.html']Secret Chest[/url] (Scroll down). I dunno wether its possible to get access on it on Siege, since they promotional codes are originally sold in the http://stratics.com/community/threads/where-are-these-new-items-from.284368/]UO Japan Store[/url]. Than you may write down the numbers of the combination lock, location of the chest and a time limit to claim the prize. You may want that time limit, to "reset" your quest for other thefts and thieves.

Last edited:

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's an awesome idea!
I would steal the book and be happy about that. A personal thing is a bigger treasure to me than any gold. But otherwise I'm sure a turn in for some gold would always be handy. Newer thieves might want to trade for some kind of scroll instead.

Edit:
I mean some scroll they can use, like a 110-115 stealing. A snooping alacrity or sot. That kind of stuff

Last edited:

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so i just tried to figure out the japan store to see if i could find a way to get this secret chest there and holy crap not even google translator could help me, maybe if i write someone with some knowledge of this they'd be able to help me out....

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i have this plan to start to carry a book or something in my pack once im done with my current training, and the idea behind the book is to offer some kind of reward to the thief that can succesfully steal this book and get away with it....i will try and kill you and if i succeed in killing you then obviously you fail...although i havent an idea for what kind of things to use as a reward...so my question to you thieves is....Does this interest you?...and if so what kinds of things would you like to see for a reward(let's be reasonable on these suggestions)...appreciate any feedback i get on this ....
The book could just have the location of some small container (pouch) sitting at any location. You could have this in a public house which the container is locked down has security setting to anyone. There are many containers through out buildings which could be used subject to the decay timer. By the way, do not do this in the guardzone. The Marked victum needs to be visible, so no Stealthers need apply as a target. Gold, checks, weapons, jewelry, pink or blue scrolls for skills, etc...anything useful... I do not suggest deco!
Is there a timer after stealing successfully, which delays hiding?
Oh, and what happens if someone else kills the thief? Is the victum the only one whom may chase?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why not just the reward in your pack as the steable item. i usually carry such things all the time to encourage our dasterdly thieves.
paragon kill drops, amulet arties, scrolls, etc

well unless you do pvp and dont want item to just go the pvper, then your suggestion would be great.

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The book could just have the location of some small container (pouch) sitting at any location. You could have this in a public house which the container is locked down has security setting to anyone. There are many containers through out buildings which could be used subject to the decay timer. By the way, do not do this in the guardzone. The Marked victum needs to be visible, so no Stealthers need apply as a target. Gold, checks, weapons, jewelry, pink or blue scrolls for skills, etc...anything useful... I do not suggest deco!
Is there a timer after stealing successfully, which delays hiding?
Oh, and what happens if someone else kills the thief? Is the victum the only one whom may chase?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
ooooooooooooo i love this post got me thinking :) but i suppose whoever recovers the book from a thief could claim, but for now before i set anything in stone im gonna take all suggestions and mash them together by the time im done training. At which time i will post formal guide lines to this game... :D

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's an awesome idea!
I would steal the book and be happy about that. A personal thing is a bigger treasure to me than any gold.
Yeah! Instead of a gold bounty just write some dirty poetry or an embarrassing journal entry about the character! Red leaf sealed of course.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put up a steward NPC with a desirable prize on it and write the secret word and location of the steward PC in a book. Whoever gets the book first can claim the prize. Start over again with a new book, secret word and prize after the first prize is claimed.
Brilliant :)