• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For any Champ Guardwhacking Guilds

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think what we need is a thread about arbitrary game rules that should be handled by game mechanics.
The fix for guardwhacking champspawns, btw, is slated for Origin in this publish.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Draconi today on UOHall. This is the original threadChamp Guardwhacking

S

SaintSylvia

Got to love all the other issues killing this game and their focus is on PvM.
Why not just rename UO to WoW now and let the farmers enjoy it and let the pvp and pk'ers go else where.

G

hmmm you don't see this affecting PvP? When a champ can not be lured to the Guard Zone to be whacked for a quick and easy kill and the scrolls it forces the players to kill the champ and keeps them in the spawn area that much longer...just my thoughts, but I really posted it here because it was a hot topic a week or two past.

S

SaintSylvia

I see it effecting griefing thats about it. Only way to fix it is to remove guards from all of fel but then what would 75% of the folks do? They would whine till the dev's gave them a champ spawn in tram with powerscrolls.

no one pvp's anymore. they all need rewarded else its below them.

I'll believe it when I see EA actually follow through on something.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO. "EA" and "follow through" in the same sentence used in conjunction with one another. Excuse me while I clean the beer out of my keyboard hehe.

T

Tylindrel

This fix directly relates to pvp.

When the Developers bumped all the champs' hit points and strength, they insured a larger window for fights to occur. Now despise fights become long drawn out fights--depending on numbers--instead of taking fifteen minutes to do the entire thing. Instead of one chiv archer to kill the coon in three minutes, it now requires multiple people hitting it and even then it still takes 10-15 mins. By the developers changing an aspect of pvm, the fighting quantity and quality has increased.

As for them finally getting around to this fix, it's about time.

A few weeks ago TDR/JW did an Oaks. BC raided but they only had equal numbers. They caught us with our pants down--spread out around the bowl--and so we were easy targets. We ressed and came back up and wrecked them. In fact we bowled over them another two or three times. But in the middle of all that fighting, Oaks popped.

Instead of BC trying for the third time to stay together and fight, one of the BC led Oaks off. We had wiped the area of BC but we had no idea where the champ was. We spread out and ran to every GZ that was close, knowing that BC would rather rely on an exploit of game mechanics than lose.

I had just made it to the outskirts of papua when one of my guildmates found Oaks just a few screens away from Delucia, following a few BC.

What is ironic about all of this was that just days prior, Itari had posted complaining about UOD guardwhacking an Oaks. Too funny.

This event illustrates what the fix will do to pvp. It will make it harder for guilds to rush in with a temporary advantage and gain control of the area. Now there will be longer fights and larger events.

This fix also helps to solidify the foundation of what the game is supposed to be. Instead of relying on faulty game mechanics, people are going to have to rely on teamwork. This fix is one of the many fixes the developers have implemented in the past years that helps to retain the essence of the game.

I

imported_Barbosa

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO. "EA" and "follow through" in the same sentence used in conjunction with one another. Excuse me while I clean the beer out of my keyboard hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFLMAO

M

Malador

nonsense peyton there are many ways to fix it but the easiest is to simply make the champs return to the altar if they are dragged more than a screen or two from it. The code already exists and has been used many times.

G

Well spoken. Aye, this is a long time coming. And as far as BC whining about EA's not fixing PVP, well, when youre idea of PVP is 10-20 of ya'll vs a couple others, then you have no room to talk, cause that's not PVP. That's PVBS (dope it out). Especially after what ya'll pulled last night. Since ya'll can't get in and grief, you simply move to prevent the tournament from happening. Nice job. Shows alot of class. So I'd personally like to thank all the bottom feeders for camping the arena, simply to ruin everyone elses fun. Call it what you will, that was the only purpose. Great thing, ya'll got nothing better to do. Now cry about EA not fixing PVP, if it makes you feel better.

I

imported_Lady Narsil

Well it looks like EA is fixing the champs. It is on test now that champs won't be able to be GW anymore. So maybe in a week or so we will see it here.

S

SaintSylvia

From what I heard the event was a grand success. There where plenty of fights . Maybe the folks running the tourney should try and fight to make their event work instead of just whinning that poor bc didnt' let them have their way.
Move your event to tram if you don't want bc to bother you.

G

LOL, there WAS plenty of fights, outside that is, thanks to ya'll. As far as moving it to tram, it started there, but by popular demand, I brought it to fel. Seems everyone wanted it there, so I did it. Everyone but BC, that is. I can't keep ya'll away by myself, duh. I don't wanna bring it back to tram, especially after all the time and effort I put in trying to make it work in fel. I'd like to keep it in fel. But I need someone there to protect the entrance. Otherwise, well, I'll bring it back to tram.

S

SaintSylvia

Oh you have it wrong BC is all for you having your event in Fel. I would just like to see you make your house open to all and not hate someone just cause of the tag over their head. BC has feelings too and by you banning everyone it just shows your not a nice person.

G

Oh, I'd love to let BC in again. Then I can watch ya'll wither and EQ everyone to death again. But, when ya'll came in the first round and killed everyone there, it just showed that ya'll aren't nice people...

I

imported_herc

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, I'd love to let BC in again. Then I can watch ya'll wither and EQ everyone to death again. But, when ya'll came in the first round and killed everyone there, it just showed that ya'll aren't nice people...

[/ QUOTE ]

Rude and judgemental.
The whole point of the event is to kill everyone. Last man standing gets a hug and a kiss from Floyd the Barber. Sir Bart already won the shard's pvp tourney - so what's the point of this one?

As for guard wacking... this was posted in UHall:

<blockquote><hr>

To summarize: If you make a game where anything is possible, but then decide that 50% of everything that is possible is illegal and bannable, but then don't tell anyone specifically which 50% is the illegal and bannable 50%, and then don't have any clear means of enforcing that mysterious 50%'s illegality, and then when you do enforce illegality it is inconsistent and arbitrary, then it is not the best nor the most intuitive system.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

Last man standing gets a hug and a kiss from Floyd the Barber. Sir Bart already won the shard's pvp tourney - so what's the point of this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

yah this is how it went when sir bart won that.......sir bart: invis!!!! and wait while the other 25 bc participating kill themselves on his order, then he emerges from hiding to claim his prize and then he ebays it and makes rl money off you stupid bc meatshields.................THE END

gjob for bringing that up bro, i needed a laugh

S

SaintSylvia

pff wtf you spewing now chick? bart beat gimpy in gimpy's prime. god you all are a bunch of highschool girls. all you do is pancake and whine that bc is better then you. do something different if you cannot get over it.

J

Jobe FTW

I dont even understand why BC is even brought up anymore i thought they were a dead guild and didnt do anything anymore? hmm crazy

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

pff wtf you spewing now chick? bart beat gimpy in gimpy's prime.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahah * takes deep breath * waaaaaah! ahahaha!

anyhow now where was I? oh yah bart beat gimpy in gimpys prime? what were they in a pie eating contest?

its a fact that bart made $$ off tools in BC, that event where bart won that event item is just a simple example

B

BlackBetty

If I remember correctly, the rest of the UO community had to watch from the outside of the pits because it appeared that noone other than BC even knew about the event and every one else was locked out until it was over. There was no representation from the other Fel guilds. I believe it was at this point that folks started to believe that a BC member was a GM and had set it up that way. Why else would it have not been broadcast to the entire UO community?

The only time I saw Bart kill anyone, he had his meatshields paralyze someone so he could cast on them. That and a rez kill or two. lol

S

SaintSylvia

So you admitt that sir bart killed people in the tourney. See it proves that he won it fairly so I dont' know why everyone is crying about an event that happened how long ago??

B

BlackBetty

<blockquote><hr>

So you admitt that sir bart killed people in the tourney. See it proves that he won it fairly so I dont' know why everyone is crying about an event that happened how long ago??

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I NEVER saw him kill anyone in the tourney on his own. I did, however, witness a lot of folks cross-healing him so he would win. (in between him invis'ing himself, of course)

Hope that helps to solidify things a little better for you. Please refrain from trying to interpret what you think someone might be trying to say. I believe I plainly stated that I NEVER saw him EVER kill anyone on his own.

That help you a little bit, Honey Bun?

G

<blockquote><hr>

That help you a little bit, Honey Bun?

[/ QUOTE ]

Feeling a sudden surge of sympathy for your fiance!
lol

B

BlackBetty

That would be because you are intimidated by me maybe? He is not, and is fully capable of keeping me in my place. Don't you have some dishes to wash, Darlin'?
hehe

G

Intimidated, nah respectful, Hells yes! Already did the dishes today like I do everyday for my wife, just like I help with the laundry the cooking and cleaning. I was doing all this stuff long before I married her why would I stop afterwards. I picked up a partner not a servant

I

imported_herc

<blockquote><hr>

its a fact that bart made $$ off tools in BC, that event where bart won that event item is just a simple example

[/ QUOTE ]

That continues today in a guild that lives in a castle north of Minoc. Hrmm.

Random thought of the day: Do all heffers have snot dripping from their noses?