• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For all to read regarding pvp.

EnderSai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok lets settle this bull about who is better who is trash blah blah blah. Because all these posts are endless bantering back and forth about the same stupid thing in every post.

Why not set up a PVP TOURNEY on chessy, 2v2's, 1v1's. With some incentive get some people together to toss in a grand prize, hell maybe ask the EM to spectate and have a grandprize, I DONT KNOW. But these posts are so damn rediculous, its gotten quite childish, im not calling out any one person, pointing my finger, or harrassing someones "pvp" abilities. Set up a tournament and let's see who the best is?.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RBG loves to host these tourney's within our own guild. I'm sure we could work something out and get it organized.

Personally I am pretty worn out from reading all of these endless, baseless posts on who is better than who. I actually thought the 5v5 and 6v6 inquisitions from player to player here would actually work.

We could set something up here on stratics for entry to see who will be there and who wont.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok ender ur missing the point, the only reason i started posting on this forum is cuz everyone talks smack about FPD like we are nobody. Second it is very easy for you to offer up a 1v1 seeing as though I as well as a lot of others would say your either the best or very close to the best mage on the shard and i havnet noticed you using hacks which means you have real skill. The reason we post the 5v5 all the time is cuz we dont wanna be a zerg but are tired of getting ganked by non-skilled players with the mass of 15 plus so we call them out and see if they'll fight even numbers. Im not a cry baby, and i dont care about dieing, hell i dont even really care about getting ganked. But for FOA and ROt to sit over four of our ghosts when they had 15 and to say we are horrible, thats just spineless and we will call them out on it everytime! And I for certain as well as others in my guild are not cocky b***ards we give credit where credit is due but there is no credit due there. and when there's 6 of us and we take out 5 faction members plus three reds (CRB, FOA, DRedd, serium, Lance) and the other 5 run into their houses and hide, ur damn right we will post about it and ask them who gives them the right to say we suck? and ive never talked trash about ur guild as a whole, cuz you may have massive numbers but you dont need them u actually have skill. On another note since CRB and FOA will read this, i did find it funny how about a week ago there were two of us in kylens house and CRB and FOA had about 10-12 trying to exp pot us (laughable) and wait three WOWZ i repeat just three WOWZ came through the gate and pooff they all dissapeared, musta clicked their heels three times and wound up in kansas!

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damnit man, you are missing the point of this thread.

Take your explanation somewhere else, and let this thread be about a tourney.

Christ.

N

Nastia Cross

Ok lets settle this bull about who is better who is trash blah blah blah. Because all these posts are endless bantering back and forth about the same stupid thing in every post.

Why not set up a PVP TOURNEY on chessy, 2v2's, 1v1's. With some incentive get some people together to toss in a grand prize, hell maybe ask the EM to spectate and have a grandprize, I DONT KNOW. But these posts are so damn rediculous, its gotten quite childish, im not calling out any one person, pointing my finger, or harrassing someones "pvp" abilities. Set up a tournament and let's see who the best is?.
Sorry Ender it was tried, and your guild ruined it for everyone. Someone started fight nights and the first night Wowz rolled in, Slip fought 2 people and then your entire guild ganked all of the spectators. Do you honestly think people are going to trust your guild after that? I personally would LOVE to have fight nights again like when they were run by Pax, people back then had some honor to show up and duel like normal people and not gank; if they lost, they lost... more incentive to show up the following week and be better. I know Tailspin was trying to get something like this set up before he had to step down, but who knows what happened... I just think it would end up being one massive gank fest with stealthers and nonsense like that.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont worry yourself there neutron! I'm not missing ne point and after these few last responses no one will hear from me again, im annoyed i let myself get goated into having to talk smack on a forum over a game! That post had nothing to do with you it was between me and ender seeing as though we had words awhile back i felt the need to clarify! Set up the tourney, im down, my whole guild is down. Win or lose we'll show up and fight with honor like we always do!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Well since it said for all to read.

Nastia Cross Wrote:
"Sorry Ender it was tried, and your guild ruined it for everyone. Someone started fight nights and the first night Wowz rolled in, Slip fought 2 people and then your entire guild ganked all of the spectators. Do you honestly think people are going to trust your guild after that?"

Well you should Nastia. People make mistakes at events and sometimes you have to give them another shot.

If the Fel population wants a PvP fight night then we will give you one. Yes I'm a trammy so ill let you all make the rules since you all pvp. The PvP guild Gms or council or whatever will make the rules, you all can hash that all out amongst yourselves.

Ill hash out the location and a house to do it in and design it. (I PROMIS not to decorate it so it wont lag you. No Chairs your Fel people you can stand. :p )

And I HOPE you all don't take offense to it but each guild will be seated in its OWN section so they cant gank each other. (Or it at least tries to get them to not) Making seating sections with walls between isn't hard.)

Now I may not like most of the pvpers but the fel side is still a community and thats what we do. We promote other communities. So I'll get in touch with Winfield, Gak, Nanoc, Bam Bam, Daria Blackmoor, Angus, Oni and Redstar and I'm sure between all of our cities we can come up with a great facility for you guys.

(And No I'm not trying to take the high road or sound all mature and snotty or what not.)

Figured id get that out of the way before I continued because I could already imagine the response posts.

ANY guild member that attacks the fight nights or disrupts them by attacking other members will find their ENTIRE guild banished for however long the other Guildmasters of the Fel PvP guilds feel is fair.

Now I know most of the guildmasters and I know you all are honorable in pvp and fight nights. So keep your guild members under control which I know you can do because I've heard the "STFU and do what I say NOW" in Ventrilo and every single person is quiet and does exactly what the leader says.

I offer this and hope that all the other cities on Chesapeake help with it so you all know it is fair and no one is excluded and no one Fel Guild is making the rules and running the event.

And at the end we will do the usual "ROYAL RUMBLE" where you get to kill every single person that wants to be in the arena pit and those that don't want to be in it can leave. So you can get out your I want to kill everyone in this room trigger finger :gun:

PaxKratOkuC will help fund the event
(Even the guy from WoWz that grief the auction is welcome to come.)

and ill see if Whispering Rose Radio will cover it and maybe you guys can even attract some off shard pvpers to join your guilds or people that want to learn pvp.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Does something like this work for you guys?

*The railings look messed up but its so those tiles can be stood on by using a certain rail.*

The teles would go to each section so WoWz could be in one, FoA in another etc etc.

A

AZRIA

Sorry Ender it was tried, and your guild ruined it for everyone. Someone started fight nights and the first night Wowz rolled in, Slip fought 2 people and then your entire guild ganked all of the spectators. Do you honestly think people are going to trust your guild after that? I personally would LOVE to have fight nights again like when they were run by Pax, people back then had some honor to show up and duel like normal people and not gank; if they lost, they lost... more incentive to show up the following week and be better. I know Tailspin was trying to get something like this set up before he had to step down, but who knows what happened... I just think it would end up being one massive gank fest with stealthers and nonsense like that.
I wasn't a part of WOWZ when this happened. Most of the more serious players in the guild wouldn't be cool with an event they are participating in getting ruined I would think.

On Sonoma, tourneys were pretty regular. Recently Sonoma had an EM hosted one. That may be something you could look into. I think the house idea is good as we actually had Fight Night Pits that were GM blessed on Sonoma. One thing you will run into however is people complaining about the house lagging them with all that many people in it. I think Jhelom Farms is always the best choice , or on top of the Prison roof.

If for some reason you do need to host it in a house , I wouldn't see why you would need different areas for different guilds. That's what the remove access/ban option is for.

Let's get it rolling, let me know what I can do to help.

I

M

Mr Moosestache

On Sonoma, tourneys were pretty regular. Recently Sonoma had an EM hosted one. That may be something you could look into. I think the house idea is good as we actually had Fight Night Pits that were GM blessed on Sonoma. One thing you will run into however is people complaining about the house lagging them with all that many people in it. I think Jhelom Farms is always the best choice , or on top of the Prison roof.
I remember winning the Oasis Fight Night season. Right before I left Sonoma 6-7 years back now? You were working late nights I believed and couldn't participate. You were pretty mad about that. That's when I killed both KMS and Khan with EV's. Good times.

N

Nastia Cross

Well, as Gareth said, everyone deserves a second chance so I'll stand behind the revival of Fight Night and offer my support and assistance. Perhaps we could have the GMs and Councils of each Faction meet on neutral ground (say the House of Commons in Brit, Trammel) to discuss rules, regulations and offer ideas for your house design (I have several ideas and thoughts for you Gareth, which I will Q you about later today). I am sure the EMs (I understand we have two again) would be more that happy to attend and moderate.

Again, I offer our open forums (uofoa.forumotion.com) as a more appropriate locale to discuss, suggest, call out, trash talk, etc. As admin, I can activate any account, so if you are reluctant to enter in your email addy, enter a fake one and then send me a Q (462825644) with the username you chose and I will personally activate your account, or create a dummy account through gmail and sign up with that.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Aye I think we could do the Farms like the above person said and just have a house as backup should anyone try to disrupt the event.

A

AZRIA

I remember winning the Oasis Fight Night season. Right before I left Sonoma 6-7 years back now? You were working late nights I believed and couldn't participate. You were pretty mad about that. That's when I killed both KMS and Khan with EV's. Good times.
I think I remember that. Fight Night was never the same after AOS but Pre-AOS it was the best thing around :)

Patty ended up giving me the House and I ended up selling it to an EA Rep who in turn made it open to everyone.

Good times.

EnderSai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really don't think a house would be proper for a tournament, a lot of people in one house = A LOT OF LAG, i mean all of you have been to the auctions, imagine that but worse. To me those houses lag when those things go on.

Also in my opinion i believe that Farms would have to be my number one choice. Jheloms farms we all know is a legendary spot for one another to duel. I think this would be an appropriate destination.

N

Nastia Cross

The EM's on Baja set up a tournament area in the Skara Brae fields I believe, so its possible that we can get our EMs to do the same.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Come to the house of commons on Sundays at 9pm est. Its straight north of the Moongate in brit. Big Sandstone house. That's when we get to tell the EM what we want to see and if you guys bring enough people he will see everyone supports it.

S

Sir Achilles

Come to the house of commons on Sundays at 9pm est. Its straight north of the Moongate in brit. Big Sandstone house. That's when we get to tell the EM what we want to see and if you guys bring enough people he will see everyone supports it.
Sounds great Gareth, your proposed dueling grounds look good. I also like keeping all guilds seperate to keep the peace.

C

Chessys Abercrombie

Sooo please tell me blade isnt fpd... Im atm guildless and i had 2 wowz after me, blade decided to jump in and help gank.... I lied i am in WOMP which is a guild i made for training. I will hopefully be joining crb again but really? 3v1? If he is with them i apologize for the post i understand a guild gank but i believe that they are not together.

L

Lucy

I'd have to disagree with the point of a tournament. Sure, it shows who's the better duelest but pvp is more than 1v1 or 2v2. Some aspects of PvP encompasses how well an entire guild works together to take over a spawn. I think field pvp is much more important that 1v1. So who ever wins a tourny I dont think necessarily crowns that person as best at pvp.

You should hold a spawn tournament and see who can take it over!

S

Sir Achilles

I'd have to disagree with the point of a tournament. Sure, it shows who's the better duelest but pvp is more than 1v1 or 2v2. Some aspects of PvP encompasses how well an entire guild works together to take over a spawn. I think field pvp is much more important that 1v1. So who ever wins a tourny I dont think necessarily crowns that person as best at pvp.

Lucy~

I'm for that so long as the people raiding the spawn are only allowed to bring the number of people at the spawn. That rarely happens in an unscheduled event, so that would truely show who is superior and give others the chance to learn and do better the next time.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree as well, pvp is not about dueling nemore! its about field fighting and i think a spawn tourney would be more exciting and show what guilds truely can pvp.

N

Nastia Cross

I think that's funny. Ya'll are constantly yellin "I owned you 1v1" "2v1" or any other combinaton of numbers or yellin about this and that and then calling people out like "lets 5v5 and then we'll know who's better" and now you're all calling for a spawn tournament? Are you for real?

I can see wanting to bring fight nights back so you can challenge people or prove your skills 1v1 or in groups, but come on... what is a "spawn tourney" going to prove? Absolutely nothing. Yes, I agree that duelling is not the same as field fighting or raiding but a tournament for spawns will be a farce.

The best part about spawns is that they are unpredictable and volatile and you have to be quick on your feet and able to rely on your mates to get through. Trying to have an organized tourney around all of that potential chaos is just asking for trouble. There are too many variables that could go wrong and then you would have one team or another crying foul.

For better or worse, we're all stuck with each other. Let's try to improve relations and have fight nights on neutral ground (hopefully in an area similar to what Baja has in Skara Brae); not only will people learn from each other, but you might actually be able to prove your skills and/or develop some respect for the skills of your opponents.

G

Gowron

Lucy, when was the last time you played on Chessy? Either way, if folks want a PvP tourney, then that's one thing. Field fighting is another. Different styles, different tactics, not better, not worse.

Tourneys are for fun. Field fighting is to accomplish an objective, be it total victory, faction points, scrolls, arties. Let's not get into a tissy over apples and oranges.

G

Gowron

I think that's funny. Ya'll are constantly yellin "I owned you 1v1" "2v1" or any other combinaton of numbers or yellin about this and that and then calling people out like "lets 5v5 and then we'll know who's better" and now you're all calling for a spawn tournament? Are you for real?

I can see wanting to bring fight nights back so you can challenge people or prove your skills 1v1 or in groups, but come on... what is a "spawn tourney" going to prove? Absolutely nothing. Yes, I agree that duelling is not the same as field fighting or raiding but a tournament for spawns will be a farce.

The best part about spawns is that they are unpredictable and volatile and you have to be quick on your feet and able to rely on your mates to get through. Trying to have an organized tourney around all of that potential chaos is just asking for trouble. There are too many variables that could go wrong and then you would have one team or another crying foul.

For better or worse, we're all stuck with each other. Let's try to improve relations and have fight nights on neutral ground (hopefully in an area similar to what Baja has in Skara Brae); not only will people learn from each other, but you might actually be able to prove your skills and/or develop some respect for the skills of your opponents.
Well said. Just to let folks know, I'm working on an event that we're getting ready to test next weekend with EM Dudley as a witness before scheduling and hosting. More to follow when we get the results and work out some bugs.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucy, when was the last time you played on Chessy? Either way, if folks want a PvP tourney, then that's one thing. Field fighting is another. Different styles, different tactics, not better, not worse.

Tourneys are for fun. Field fighting is to accomplish an objective, be it total victory, faction points, scrolls, arties. Let's not get into a tissy over apples and oranges.
Gowron when was the last time you PVP'd on Chessy? do you ever see duels between people? its rare if ever. its always a group against a group. so for instance you can be the most leet scribe/wrestle/mage and beat every other mage on the shard 1v1. However in the field you're gonna go down quick. Most people on chessy as well as other shards set up "team" templates to work as a team cuz its never 1v1. I agree that a competition over a spawn would be extremely hard to control and probably wouldnt work. But im in disagreement with the fact that a duel proves nething. If there were no guilds and no factions and everyone was against everyone else that would prove something but UO isnt set up that way. Guilds can prove something by 5v5 and so on cuz that shows how well you can actually fight in the field. Not saying nething against dueling and I'll be there of course :p. I just think one guild against another guild in a group field fight holds more weight than a duel.

G

Gowron

Gowron when was the last time you PVP'd on Chessy? do you ever see duels between people? its rare if ever. its always a group against a group. so for instance you can be the most leet scribe/wrestle/mage and beat every other mage on the shard 1v1. However in the field you're gonna go down quick. Most people on chessy as well as other shards set up "team" templates to work as a team cuz its never 1v1. I agree that a competition over a spawn would be extremely hard to control and probably wouldnt work. But im in disagreement with the fact that a duel proves nething. If there were no guilds and no factions and everyone was against everyone else that would prove something but UO isnt set up that way. Guilds can prove something by 5v5 and so on cuz that shows how well you can actually fight in the field. Not saying nething against dueling and I'll be there of course :p. I just think one guild against another guild in a group field fight holds more weight than a duel.
Once again, you've gotten into a tissy over apples and oranges. I've never said that duels or tourneys prove anything. I've already acknowledge the difference, which you seem to have confirmed in your post. I never said tourney or 1v1 duels prove anything. It's just for fun. I didn't chastise field fighting, I merely pointed out that they are different. It's always been one of my personal philosophies that different doesn't equate to one is better than the other. Personnally, I like field fighting over dueling. I like fighting to achieve a goal, whether it's spawns (which I still haven't repelled a raid), factions (failed at defending sigils), or just an over all group fight (lost more than won, but those wins were pretty cool, and the losses were educational).

And I did mention an event that I'm working on with my guild and EM Dudley. I assure you it is NOT going to be a 1v1 tourney. I'm pressing for group. We've got a few practice runs to do to work out bugs in the rules, means of ref'ing, and tracking the victory conditions. It's definitely been the most complex project I've put together in this game.

Besides, I don't need to PvP every day, week, or month to understand it. I've been dabbling in the PvP since 1999. While the templates, people, objectives have changed, there remains a like number of comonalities....

L

Lucy

I'm not in a tissy.. I could honestly give a rats ass lol.. I Haven't played UO in over a year with no desire to come back. I was pointing out that good dueliest dont necessarily make good fielders and good fielders don't necessarily make good duelers. If this person wants to crown someone the best at pvp, I think they need to put into account all areas of pvp. But if not, again, I dont' really care :) i'm just bored and commenting. OFF AGAIN TO WOW LAND!

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wasnt trying to attack you Gowron and def not gettin in a tissy lol. just stating my thoughts. But most ppl wont think of this duel as fun they will be bragging forever that they killed everyone and that their guild is the best which may not be true in the actual field. so mark my words it will not end in a fun enjoyable game. and god forbid if a few of the cry babies on this shard lose they may just get the whole guild to try and kill all spectators cuz some people's bloated ego's cant stand defeat. but im interested in what ur putting together. Try to get it on a sunday if possible cuz most ppl play that day i believe. and I have to work on saturdays :(...

G

Gowron

I'm not in a tissy.. I could honestly give a rats ass lol.. I Haven't played UO in over a year with no desire to come back. I was pointing out that good dueliest dont necessarily make good fielders and good fielders don't necessarily make good duelers. If this person wants to crown someone the best at pvp, I think they need to put into account all areas of pvp. But if not, again, I dont' really care :) i'm just bored and commenting. OFF AGAIN TO WOW LAND!
Yes, Lucy, you went into a tissy, and if you didn't give a rat's ass, well, then you wouldn't have replied or even posted on this thread. However, I do concur with your point.

jrede23, PM me and let me know your hours. I think more people play on Saturday than Sunday, but I'll see what can be done.

Any other inputs on days and times would be appreciated. PM preferred.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i just got my hours shifted so i can do a saturday after 5 now or sunday still.. hopefully its not held on saturday afternoon :(. But i think since i have nights off now i think ill build a mage to have some fun with :p