• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Foodies?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any foodies around these parts? I just started up an ezine that covers food trucks and the industry of mobile cuisine. Check it out here Mobile Cuisine Magazine.

Would love to get some feedback on the site or suggestions about future articles to write about. If you like it, feel free to pass the url along to your friends and family...la

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I like your angle. Your first step will be creating new content, as I'm sure you know. I'm not familiar with the mobile food industry--is there a lot to write about?

You could consider videos of chef/owners discussing their business models or cooking techniques. To monetize, you could consider advertizing cooking-related products.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New post up today. <here>

Since I am just starting up, I am going to stick to writing articles most days of the week. Once I have a loyal following, I'll start monetizing the site, but for now, the content will be ad free.

I am investigating a couple of options for the site right now which may even include a national association. I am talking with some database people right now to get a few things rolling, but before I sink too much time or money, I need to build up a good readership base.

Thanks for checking it out. If you know any foodies, please feel free to pass the site info along to them. It would be greatly appreciated...la

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm 30 years old and have never eaten from a roach coach.
I feel like I have missed out on a fundamental part of the human experience.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not writing about "roach coaches". Many of the vendors sell high end cuisine...la

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lovable animals shoudn't be eaten, they should be loved. The same goes for Rico.

F

Fayled Dhreams

I'm not writing about "roach coaches". Many of the vendors sell high end cuisine...la
Going liberal eh?

A roach coach is a roach coach ...

Be it peddling Nouvelle cuisine
Or the standard fare of
burgers and beans

roach coach
chuck wagon
meals on wheels

roach coach
by any other name

STILL carries the meal to the patrons ...
@ or near their work place
(to their homes ... would be >catering< :gee: ... thilly philistine)

:lol:

Clarity for Black_sun
re: I feel like I have missed out on a fundamental part of the human experience.

Have you ever had diarrhea and/or projectile vomiting?

:thumbsup: fundamentals covered :danceb:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clarity for Black_sun
re: I feel like I have missed out on a fundamental part of the human experience.

Have you ever had diarrhea and/or projectile vomiting?

:thumbsup: fundamentals covered :danceb:
Thanks, I don't feel so bad anymore.

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neat! You could do some really interesting work (research, yay!) looking at the mobile cuisine culture, the people who do it, the people who eat there... Getting some original content under your belt is one of the best ways of really bringing something special to your readers. Either way I think it's pretty cool :)

Edit: Research like how to dispel the 'roach coach' image :D

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely. I am attempting to add new content every weekday. Viewership is slowly growing...la