• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug "Following" Threads and Alerts Question

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There are some threads I "follow" but do not comment in.. and of course there are threads that I comment in and as a result auto-follow them. But at times I stop getting alerts on them even if it has only been a day or so since the last comment was posted in the thread. I was wondering what causes the Alerts to stop? Is there a timer? .. and if so is there a way for the 'user' to adjust that to be longer?

Not sure if it matters, and just supplying info, but I usually sit with a browser tab opened to the "New Posts" feature.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It sounds like a bug. I've gotten alerts from a followed thread over a year after it was made when someone posts in it, so there can't be a timer. I'm not really sure what could be causing that.

(Moved the thread to our Help and Suggestions forum so an admin will see it).

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what I have noticed, its when i get a ton of alerts all at once. Or at least what should be alerts. For instance if i get 5 people to post on a thread im watching i usually only get 2 or 3 alerts and not all 5.

When they come in slowly i get all alerts just fine, seems to be only when there is a massive in take.