• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Focus or Meditation?

• Thread starter imported_IgotWood
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_IgotWood

Hello i never really used Focus but with my template im considering swapping it for my med...here's the temp:

120 Fecing/Parry/Tact/Anat
115 healing
85 Poison
65 Med

I wear all medable armor atm but if to switch to focus id throw on Jackals collar...just tryin to figure out a way to stay max stamina, while keepin med comin 2 since i have all MR2 pieces. So basically im asking should i keep the 65 med or should i throw that into focus (if 65 focus does anything) Thanks in advance!

I

imported_bouche835

You don't focus because of chiv. I would go with med. Just cast DF and it back at max Stamina

T

Trukx

For keeping max stamina:

1. Divine Fury (as the other posters have stated thru chivalry spell)
2. Total Refresh Pots
3. Leeching from your weapon
4. Not getting hit for large amounts of damage (max DCI and all 70s suit since you already have 120 melee and parry.....no room for bushido)
5. Lots of SR2 or 3 items

and......

6. Focus

The regen from focus is more like a break in action for me. I dont tend to loose 4-5 points of stam that require regen when i get hit, its chunks of stamina which require way more than passive recovery through focus or SR items. Not saying those dont help, but w/ chiv you also get better damage, heal ability, cure ability, travel, full stam regen.

I

imported_IgotWood

thanks for your replies...but i don't want chiv, and just wanted to know if focus at 65 is better than med at 65 (not tryin to b rude) i have other char that have chiv, plus i don't need more things taking away from my small mana pool.

T

Trukx

In that case---if you go jakals, then med does you no good because it is not medable. Focus is default your skill, but at 65, you really are not getting much in return (.6 stamina and .3 mana/second vs 0 Stam and .6 mana/second w/ med).

I

imported_IgotWood

awesome that's what i needed to hear...so focus not worth 65 thanks