• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fletching / Carpentry Corner

C

Caelas

I have a corner of my house that I want to deco as a fletcher / carpenter area. Now, miners /smiths have forges and anvils, tailors have spinning wheels and looms, but carpenters and fletchers don't have any cool deco items...that I know of. I'm looking for suggestions. Any and all will be appriciated.

And yes, I looked through the stickies already :coco:

F

feath

What a fantastic idea. i'd also noticed the lack, but never really thought of it.
thinking about it now, i'd say go check out the NPC tinker houses, and see how UO deco'd it. maybe work off of that.

C

Caelas

Ok, well, I'm at work soI was only able to login briefly :blushing:

Haven Carpenter

Haven Tinkerer

I'd gladly clear a bigger section of my house if I could get that tablesaw :gee:

Any ideas on how to make one? Gonna have to steal the stacked logs thing...come to think of it, they character is also a tinkerer...so some gadgets would be handy too...any idea how to break chairs?

L

Lord Drakelord

you could use the broken chair found in Ilsh, or the one from the green tokens

N

Ni-

Ok, well, I'm at work soI was only able to login briefly :blushing:

Haven Carpenter

Haven Tinkerer

I'd gladly clear a bigger section of my house if I could get that tablesaw :gee:

Any ideas on how to make one? Gonna have to steal the stacked logs thing...come to think of it, they character is also a tinkerer...so some gadgets would be handy too...any idea how to break chairs?
Well, if I were trying to build a table saw I would use 2 Yew tables, lock them down so they point the same direction, parrallel each other. Then for the saw part use a pile of wool on the northern or western table, lock it down and see if you can lower it enough to still appear on top of the table it's on, but behind the table to the south/east.

Or set up 4 tables to form a table similar to how that pic is and then use something for the blade.

N

Ni-

Re:Saw

Maybe try the stealable fan (from the dojo?) as the saw blade?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uhmmm... might try a round shield

now ya got me thinkin'... like I haven't got enough things to try! yeeeesh

N

Ni-

I built a quick table saw design. I've never posted pics before so this is a first...

N

Ni-

uhmmm... might try a round shield

now ya got me thinkin'... like I haven't got enough things to try! yeeeesh
... and you couldn't post this a couple minutes sooner because?

:D

The 2 on the left are Bucklers. The 2 middle are Wool. The one on the right is a metal shield. I couldn't lower that any more because the table to the east would start blocking the 'blade'.

C

Caelas

I present...the Log Splitter.

Hehe.

I used three knives (right) for the blade, springs and gear assembly for decoration...and a froe for the on/off handle on the right hand side.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alright, I'm not showing any of ya our table saw until someone tells me how to stack logs like that!
(and we don't have a smiley-icon for stubborn, or I'd use it)

N

Ni-

alright, I'm not showing any of ya our table saw until someone tells me how to stack logs like that!
(and we don't have a smiley-icon for stubborn, or I'd use it)

Oh, turn them with the decor tool!

:eyes:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not spent much time on it, but would something like this fit the bill?

It's a fan from the fandancer's dojo

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Isn't there a greyish tot II dye that might work on that? Definitely has potential.

F

feath

Wow, that fan is perfect! Even black it looks like a saw - grey would just be the icing :)

N

Ni-

That's the one thing that I mentioned that I forgot to try it when I got home. I wouldn't have had a grey tokuno dye to try anything different. It looks pretty good!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The table saws are a nice touch, got me thinking maybe I want to re-design my house to include a bigger workshop.

Back to the topic at hand: Carpenter/Fletcher area. Usually, I stick to wooden tables in a corner, drop a broken chair on top of one next to a square toolkit, stack some boards on the ground next to it, and put a small wooden cabinet on the wall above the table for storage. On the other table I put down a set of fletchers tools, stack some arrow shafts, and a bow on the table, and scatter some feathers and arrows or bolts around on the floor. I usually top it off with a hanging dummy nearby so it looks like there's an area to try out the new bow once you've completed it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hehe.

I used three knives (right) for the blade, springs and gear assembly for decoration...and a froe for the on/off handle on the right hand side.
kay, I've been trying since I saw these pics.... I simply cannot get two logs to lay side by side like that :( I can turn them, yep, but all I get is a single stack....... how do ya do this, please?

and I love the log splitter!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hehe.

kay, I've been trying since I saw these pics.... I simply cannot get two logs to lay side by side like that :( I can turn them, yep, but all I get is a single stack....... how do ya do this, please?

and I love the log splitter!
Do you have more than one log in the log pile you are turning?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
place one log, turn it, then place another and turn it, and it stays stacked on top of the other, not side by side :sad4:

~edit!!~ Sarsmi!!! thank you!! lock down two logs, turn and they break apart!!

holy cow, do I feel stupid..........

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
place one log, turn it, then place another and turn it, and it stays stacked on top of the other, not side by side :sad4:

Silly girl! :D

F

feath

no, dont feel stupid!
The stupid ones are the ones that are buying 2 turned logs off of atl vendors, for just under 1m. "Rare! OMG! you cant get them like this!!!11!"

C

Caelas

Wow, thats horrible! Honestly I had no clue they'd turn...I just figured what the heck...oh wow.

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hola, I just had a thought about making a tool sharpener/grinding wheel.

Would the small tombstone of the damned work well for this?

I dont have the spare 500k to experiment with this at the mo.... if anyone could make a picture of this I would appreciate it.....might save/cost me alot of money otherwise :D

C

Caelas

I finally got a broken chair...but I can't get it to go on a table. Tried stone table and a yew-wood table, no luck. Any suggestions? Other items will go on the tables...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Place the char where you want it, raise it up with a decorator tool as high as it will go, then place the table under it, and lower the chair back down.

I've had no problems getting them on tables before.

C

Caelas

Tried, I can't raise the chair...i can lock it down, but when i try to raise it, i get a message saying it can't go any higher.

F

feath

Tried, I can't raise the chair...i can lock it down, but when i try to raise it, i get a message saying it can't go any higher.
used a goza mat, i'm sure? i try raising goza all the way, then lowering it one click at a time, until the item i'm trying to fit will stay on it.
or maybe put the chair above the table, then raising the table to make it look like its supporting the chair? (no idea if this would work)

C

Caelas

Goza...nope. Chair will go up five with help of the goza...and blocks placement / construction of a table below it even with goza removed

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want it on a normal table, put it in a box, put the box on the table and then break the box.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So far that item looks the best I think. The fan can be dyed with the Pigments of Tokuno since it is an artifact, and the second phase dyes are dull metallic shades. :)

*edit* LOL...missed the earlier comments that already covered this.

-Skylark

L

Lord Drakelord

I threw together a little table saw using the barrel hoops you get from the tinker quest. Not sure if Siege has the tinker quest. But you can fine him in the tinker shop on New Haven.

I did not keep it as I was playing with the idea on the roof top of the Wife's keep, but here can see the hoop as it sits between two stone tables. I use a scorp tool as a handle at one end.

Attachments

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats cute! It reminds me of hrm, was it a jigsaw? from when i took woodshop in high school, hehe.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
woodpecker/smithy work area for Casey & family... *nearly* done :D

please note the (finally!) neatly stacked logs in the corner, and a power wheel for the saw ;) thought about using the regular spinning wheel along with the elven for a kind of double wheel effect... maybe later

L

Lord Drakelord

please note the (finally!) neatly stacked logs in the corner, and a power wheel for the saw thought about using the regular spinning wheel along with the elven for a kind of double wheel effect... maybe later
nice