• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Fixing the name of Lake Superior Drop - 2/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In summary, the Lake Superior event drop on 2/20 had a slight hiccup with the script -- the item dropped was incorrectly labelled as intended and unable to be moved from the player's backpack or corpse.

It was intended to be named something like (not 100% sure on the exact name stated by EM Falcon):

"A slime covered cannon used in the defense of Trinsic"

Instead....it is labelled as a "Powerful Fireworks Wand"

ls20150220.png

@Mesanna was nice enough to come late in the evening to fix the item so it could be moved within our backpack, but the item is still incorrectly labelled.

Is there anyway we can get the name fixed on this item? It such a cool looking item, but the name kind of stinks the way it is......

I know there was a recent change to an item (silver pirate cutlass) that was unable to be equipped and replaced with a version that could be equipped ----hoping we can at least do the same sort of exchange for the appropriately named item in this instance.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Aquarius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hunny, I would just email customer support or Mesanna and have her correct the name. That is the only way I see it happening. Or page a GM, they will ask Mesanna if they can fix it for you. OR!! Sell it to me below cost because you love me. Jus sayin :p :smooch:

Nemesis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hunny, I would just email customer support or Mesanna and have her correct the name. That is the only way I see it happening. Or page a GM, they will ask Mesanna if they can fix it for you. OR!! Sell it to me below cost because you love me. Jus sayin :p :smooch:
Haha. :)

What is Mesanna's e-mail address?

Aquarius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I just had my PC redone. I wish I did have it, I dont remember it and its sitting in my email outlook that I havent put back on yet. However! Ask Atlantic Broker. He knows it :)

@Longtooths , I cant seem to get ICQ to load his profile. Could you pass him the ICQ for ATL reality?
Fank you!

Hope that helps, Nemisis :)

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Mesanna will not fix the item name unless all are renamed and that requires each person to have one to bring it back to her so they can be renamed. Nails has been working on getting the cutlass from Chessy fixed for 3 months now but should have it done soon. It will be a long task to get it done but it seems it can be done.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
And when i mention Mesanna hasa to rename each one, this will have to be done with everyone meeting at the same time so she has them all in her possession so there are not any loose ones out there to be considered "ultra" rares.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some got stuck on corpses? great, i Didnt check mine. (Not that it woulda mattered if it was there lol)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean....they HAD everyone there last night, and they said the name couldn't be changed.

So....might be out of luck

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't get the drop last night but if I did I think I'd rather keep the fireworks wand name. It kinda fits the item. Some of the names on drops now days are just too damn long. But that's just my opinion.

Aquarius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I agree, Steal.. I like the name.
@Mesanna was not aware I could message you here. Please read my email. I emailed you months ago and again not to long ago. Thank you much.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And when i mention Mesanna hasa to rename each one, this will have to be done with everyone meeting at the same time so she has them all in her possession so there are not any loose ones out there to be considered "ultra" rares.
she has changed some things in the past. i know of 1 item in particular.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
she has changed some things in the past. i know of 1 item in particular.
Yes, quite a few times. But she did say last night that this item could not be fixed (Something to do with the fact it works as fireworks wand, which is negating the name)

Anyone who thinks the cannon is better named this way....You are crazy. A Powerful Fireworks Wand....is not a name you would have for a cannon, not to mention it has NOTHING to do with the storyline.

The name the EM had planned for the item was awesome. Its a shame it cant be fixed.

Nemesis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Anyone who thinks the cannon is better named this way....You are crazy. A Powerful Fireworks Wand....is not a name you would have for a cannon, not to mention it has NOTHING to do with the storyline.

The name the EM had planned for the item was awesome. Its a shame it cant be fixed.
I think this is the main reason why --- the item doesn't make sense otherwise.

Nemesis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
She already said it can't be fixed. (Spamming her notifications isn't the best way to get things done when they can be either)
Thank you for your opinion. If she cannot "fix" the item --- perhaps she could offer a swap for the appropriately named item? I.E - If you got the drop, provide the defective one to her as a trade-in, and she will provide the appropriately named item.

That seems like an incredibly feasible solution...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thank you for your opinion. If she cannot "fix" the item --- perhaps she could offer a swap for the appropriately named item? I.E - If you got the drop, provide the defective one to her as a trade-in, and she will provide the appropriately named item.

That seems like an incredibly feasible solution...
By doing that she would effectively be creating 2 rares out of one drop. I doubt she is going to do that. Why not just be happy to have a drop and a memento of the event and the EM?

Nemesis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
By doing that she would effectively be creating 2 rares out of one drop. I doubt she is going to do that. Why not just be happy to have a drop and a memento of the event and the EM?
Same reason why Nails pushed so hard on making a particular drop equip-able....

https://stratics.com/community/threads/attention-silver-pirate-cutlass-owners.331174/#post-2494990

At least the name of the item was right, it just didn't make sense that a sword couldn't be equipped.

In this instance, the item was obviously incorrectly named, and confirmed by the EM.

Why shouldn't it be fixed is the real question....

Any difference here?

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are really interested, i would email the EM first and then mesanna. for all we know the EM told mesanna to leave it how it was, otherwise it would have made sense for mesanna to fix them all that night.

you would need to collect all 15 of the cannons for them to be fixed, this is what nails did. obviously this is extremely hard for the average player to do. he spent months going thru the overall process. first step tho would be to locate all the people who have them.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Same reason why Nails pushed so hard on making a particular drop equip-able....

https://stratics.com/community/threads/attention-silver-pirate-cutlass-owners.331174/#post-2494990

At least the name of the item was right, it just didn't make sense that a sword couldn't be equipped.

In this instance, the item was obviously incorrectly named, and confirmed by the EM.

Why shouldn't it be fixed is the real question....

Any difference here?
It's not that it "should" or "shouldn't" be fixed, it's that Mesanna said it could not be fixed. There's probably a legitimate reason for that. Perhaps something to do with the code.
If I was giving my personal opinion, on the other hand, I'd say to leave Mesanna alone to work on the game and not bother her with petty things like the name of an item not coming out the way less than 10 people would like it to be.

Nemesis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's not that it "should" or "shouldn't" be fixed, it's that Mesanna said it could not be fixed. There's probably a legitimate reason for that. Perhaps something to do with the code.
If I was giving my personal opinion, on the other hand, I'd say to leave Mesanna alone to work on the game and not bother her with petty things like the name of an item not coming out the way less than 10 people would like it to be.
Yet again, that is your opinion, and thank you yet again.

However, I would appreciate if we can keep this constructive, as what you may think is petty, may not be to some others.

No difference with my request in comparison to Nails based on magnitude, and his was honored.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are really interested, i would email the EM first and then mesanna. for all we know the EM told mesanna to leave it how it was, otherwise it would have made sense for mesanna to fix them all that night.

you would need to collect all 15 of the cannons for them to be fixed, this is what nails did. obviously this is extremely hard for the average player to do. he spent months going thru the overall process. first step tho would be to locate all the people who have them.

I know for a fact that Nails didn't collect all of the Silver Etched Pirate Cutlass'. And Not all were "fixed".

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know for a fact that Nails didn't collect all of the Silver Etched Pirate Cutlass'. And Not all were "fixed".
i was unaware. little bit of a different situation than the name, but good to know.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yet again, that is your opinion, and thank you yet again.

However, I would appreciate if we can keep this constructive, as what you may think is petty, may not be to some others.

No difference with my request in comparison to Nails based on magnitude, and his was honored.
My "opinion" is just as valid as anyone elses. Simply because it doesn't agree with yours doesn't make it any less constructive.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no reason to keep bumping this post. Please feel free to contact Mesanna directly with your concerns. The rares forum is not the place for this, much less to be able bumping it daily..

Status
Not open for further replies.