• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Five on Friday

B

Belmarduk

An while we`re at it:
I like the ideas about all these turn-ins
Not sure if its meant to be permanent. If it is - Good
If not - Not good... This game needs more redundancy !!!!

Seeing the turn-in for mibs and sos I was just thinking about loggin in to do some fishing - Havent been online for a few weeks now...
Then I remembered how crappy the 2 clients are...
2D - no comment
KR - to buggy still

This is no fun like this :(
If I had legacy 3D I would have gone fishing now definatley, but not like this...
Still hoping something will happen client-wise untill my account runs out...~50 days left..
Belmarduk

R

Righteous

An while we`re at it:
I like the ideas about all these turn-ins
Not sure if its meant to be permanent. If it is - Good
If not - Not good... This game needs more redundancy !!!!

Seeing the turn-in for mibs and sos I was just thinking about loggin in to do some fishing - Havent been online for a few weeks now...
Then I remembered how crappy the 2 clients are...
2D - no comment
KR - to buggy still

This is no fun like this :(
If I had legacy 3D I would have gone fishing now definatley, but not like this...
Still hoping something will happen client-wise untill my account runs out...~50 days left..
Belmarduk
I hope that the MIB's/SOS will give decent number of points I have a hundred or so, I just kept dumping them in chests and forgetting about them. They are such a pain to fish up and don't give worth while loot. I was really after white pearl they where just an afterthought. Here's cross my fingers for a good number of points.

Righteous

R

RedDaTeef

Nice one guys!
This looks great!
*Eats Crow*
Good Idea on the turn-ins...rolleyes:

E

Evilminion

Sweeeeeet! What a great list of new turn-in rewards! (BAMBOO! Wai wai wai wai wai wai wai!)

I'll be really keen to see how many points these new turn-in items are worth. :) On the upside, I have two crates of holiday items cluttering up my house; on the downside, I'd hate-hate-hate to discover that if I'd just waited, those two crates could have gotten me a set of Knight armor and I wouldn't have had to sacrifice any rubble... ahhhhh, it's amazing how many ways you can get an ulcer just playing a game. ;)

Jeremy, thank you very much for giving us a list of turn-ins and rewards! I'll spend part of this weekend sorting through my stuff and getting ready, heehee!

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad some people have learned from past mistakes and are offering rewards that no longer unbalance combat.

Keep up the good work.

L

Legacyee

Zoo Collection points will now decay more slowly

This has to be my favorite :)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Goes on a MAJOR shopping spree*

Yes thats me running around GL buying every cheap martie, holiday wreath and reindeer deed I can find.
Finds : 50 Holiday Wreaths and Misletoe for 600gp each
Berkerker Maul Doom Arty 15k (3 of them)
Valentines Day Cards 75gp
110 PowerScrolls 1k
115 PowerScrolls 10k

And Devs? There is ALREADY A TURN IN FOR TMAPS? Why have another one? The library collection takes them - completed or non-completed.

V

Veganite

I hope that the MIB's/SOS will give decent number of points I have a hundred or so, I just kept dumping them in chests and forgetting about them. They are such a pain to fish up and don't give worth while loot. I was really after white pearl they where just an afterthought. Here's cross my fingers for a good number of points.

Righteous
Great timing, I was just about to unload about 500 of those fishing items on a vendor real cheap. Glad I procrastinated.

D

DVI

While I like the new turn-ins I'm dissapointed the Devs have chosen some rewards that already exist as rare items such as the fire pit, the yucca tree and specifically the bird nest with eggs which is a very very rare item and very difficult to obtain.

but such is life, it should be interesting to see what else is added.

E

Evilminion

*also does a panicked shopping spree, and returns home laden with about 200 cheap fishing nets, marties, and low-end powerscrolls*

Looks like somebody beat me to all the leftover holiday stuff on Lake Austin, though, heehee! The usual snowman vendors were completely empty! :D

I'll tell you, if nothing else, this turn-in should remove some of the longstanding holiday vendors from our landscape, and that's a goooooooood thing.

E

Evilminion

Does "Artifacts" include set pieces I wonder...?
Or stealables that say "artifact", for that matter? I'll admit I wouldn't mind turning in some of the braziers and skull candles I have sitting around the house.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I like the new turn-ins I'm dissapointed the Devs have chosen some rewards that already exist as rare items such as the fire pit, the yucca tree and specifically the bird nest with eggs which is a very very rare item and very difficult to obtain.

but such is life, it should be interesting to see what else is added.
new ones wont be rubble so will have a different tag!!!!!!!!

J

Joyous2K

I can get rid of a lot of crap now, thanks. I hope all arties are listed as turn-ins. Even the ones you forgot about. Bye bye tmaps, bye bye grobu fur!! Yes!!

Will the previous rewards still be available?

Are bug fixes for both clients? Specifically "Dragon Frame" trade of a greater dragon.

Please devise a way to make trade ins do less clicking. Have the tickets stack and sum or something.

Add more turn ins. Ninja badges comes tom ind for me.

Raina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe... we should consider changing the name of the whole thing....

I mean technically this is like, 1 on Friday. It does have some decent information but it also had a question with no answers and a question with a 'soon' and.. that's it.

Should we really call it the Five on Friday when there is rarely even Five?

~Rai

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Birds nest with egg was considered one of the highest end of the server birth rares. It was obtainable when T2A first opened up on certain shards.

Please give it at least a differnt hue or enlarge it or something or give it a differnt name.

G

Gwendar-SP

Some of my questions are:

How long with the turn in run for?
Will the items from phase 1 be able to be turned in during phase 2?
Will the points from phase 1 apply to phase 2?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Birds nest with egg was considered one of the highest end of the server birth rares. It was obtainable when T2A first opened up on certain shards.

Please give it at least a differnt hue or enlarge it or something or give it a differnt name.

Maybe make the eggs in it blue instead of white

K

Kebet

I am not sure I like the idea of including powerscrolls as a turn in..especially the 110's which are usually the ones that people give to new players or that new players can buy for themselves. Hopefully this is a limited time turn-in and not a permanent thing like the library collection??

I love the virtue tiles though! :)

D

Deb

All I can say is I'm THRILLED with both turn ins and rewards...omg the space
I will be able to free up. And from how i am reading this..it's only a partial list.:thumbup1:
I have so many bells, statues globes and oh the cards..:):):)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I can say is I'm THRILLED with both turn ins and rewards...omg the space
I will be able to free up. And from how i am reading this..it's only a partial list.:thumbup1:
I have so many bells, statues globes and oh the cards..:):):)
I am thrilled too. I think they did an awesome job picking stuff for this turn in. I just hope I have enough points I want at least one of everything they listed so far. :thumbup1:

F

Fink

Awesome list.. almost too good! :drool: I just hope I can afford all the rewards I want, hehe.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Two things... one a question, the other a pondering...

1. Can people who have Grandfathered housing resize their house WITHOUT condemning other houses this time?

2. I'm beginning to wonder with the level of items that are going to be able to be turned in, and some of the hints being dropped about upcoming changes.. I wonder if they are setting up ways for current (AOS) items to be cycled out of the game so that introducing newer items and maybe revamping the item system is more easily accepted. I've been trying to put the pieces that the devs are giving us together in this regard. I know it took a few changes with resource allocation, Bag of Sending changes and whatnot to determine that they were making changes to the incoming resources to the game as a whole, I wonder if these turn-ins are not along the same lines.

T

Trebr Drab

I don't have one or anything, but I've always felt that a true rare system was something that really adds to this game. I hope you folks at UO not only protect really rare items like this, but add a few more into the game from time to time. Even one time spawns of unique things would be great. Give this game world some truelly special items.

I'd love to see a beautiful set of gemstones, maybe even with some special magical property like glowing or musical, and make them special.
How about a set of dated wines? (And special cheezes?)
How about bejeweled items for collections, like staves, rods, goblets, etc.

I really like some of these turn-ins, they're great. (And I agree on the direction that doesn't add unbalance.)

T

Trebr Drab

1. Can people who have Grandfathered housing resize their house WITHOUT condemning other houses this time?

2. I'm beginning to wonder with the level of items that are going to be able to be turned in, and some of the hints being dropped about upcoming changes.. I wonder if they are setting up ways for current (AOS) items to be cycled out of the game so that introducing newer items and maybe revamping the item system is more easily accepted. I've been trying to put the pieces that the devs are giving us together in this regard. I know it took a few changes with resource allocation, Bag of Sending changes and whatnot to determine that they were making changes to the incoming resources to the game as a whole, I wonder if these turn-ins are not along the same lines.
I hope so....I mean I reaaally hope so.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

...(snip)

I am wondering the same. If it is possible, can houses that are currently illegally placed (in guard zones for instance) be expanded?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing there appeals to me :thumbdown: I understand not putting anything imbalanced in there, but they sure could've added something useful that's not deco.

I'll probably go for the luck bracelet and ring as long as they aren't worse than what can be looted. But something tells me they'll just be 75 luck a piece with a couple other low mods.

D

Desolation87

Add the new turn in rewards for the newer turn in. Like the shirts and sashes.

Lol! :lol:

D

Deb

I have to honestly say if Pub 53 is the reason for the silent Dev Team...
then I am glad they were gagged...I see alot of awesome fixes and I
have already said the turn ins and rewards are killer also. Can hardly wait for
the entire list of Publish 53 to be posted. Kudos to the team!!!!!!!:thumbup1::thumbup1:

D

DarkVoid

These are all great turn ins. I have a castle load of stuff I'll probably turn in when the publish goes live.

I wonder if the gifts section will be including the following which I have way too many of:

Holiday wreath deeds.
Holiday Xmas tree deeds - how many xmas tree deeds do I really need?
Mini house deeds. I have a bunch left over and it seems most are from IDOCs.

And if some turn in section could include jewelry that's not an artifact I'd be grateful if it would give points. I'm wondering though if it could give a scalable points based value, returning more points for bracelets loaded with properties, mismatched or not.

I have a TON of junk jewelry most of it with mismatched or unmatched properties. Like a bracelet with both necromancy and chivalry, or two skills which are totally unrelated to each other, or they just have good properties mixed with one or more crap properties.

I don't care if I have to feed it to the turn in NPC a piece at a time or a bag at a time, but I would of course prefer it if I could turn it in a bag or container at a time and maybe receive some extra reward point(s) for the container.

Speaking of which there are plenty of shipwreck, named paragon and gift containers out there, maybe you could add in points values for each one, as long as it can count up points for 125 items without too much of a delay while it figures the points out for the tickets. Maybe there could be a command to activate counting of points, if you don't activate the command, your items get handed back to whatever pet or player pack they were in.

Finally, please don't forget the more common aquarium rewards!! I've got plenty of those to turn in too!

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The inclusion of SOSs makes me a bit sad I haven't been out fishing as much. But then I would have been out stocking up on SOSs had the SOSs themselves been worth it.

N

Nenime

I was so absolutely sure that you would go like this :lol:

Due to this scripter-thing and the Invasion I have been a bit lazy with my donations. This can't be...
*saddles up and heads towards the zoo*

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Snake Skin Boots will no longer say Oak."

As a Dutch player, I have to say I really liked having my own pair of wooden shoes.

Bah.

Otherwise, good list. There are a couple of new reward items that I actually want. I just wonder if the lucky jewelery has any other bonusses (but honestly, I have to get them anyway to complete my lucky set). Time will tell.

A

Ash

hahaha let me do happy dance that I can finally get rid of a bunch of arctic death dealers, hopefully stupid gold bricks, woo hoo no more cavorting clubs.. not to mention hundreds of low level tmaps will never do (and some lvl 6's may never do since they beefed the wyrms and hard/impossible to solo with bard).. The dragon head will look great next to the troll trophy.. Just hope the new turn-ins can be combined with points from publish 52 turn ins so I might have a shot at getting some knight armor, though doubt not a whole set but that will depend on the value of new turn ins.

A

Azureal

..... Just hope the new turn-ins can be combined with points from publish 52 turn ins so I might have a shot at getting some knight armor, though doubt not a whole set but that will depend on the value of new turn ins.
Its been said that the points you get now can be used for later, I would have to assume the reward list would stay the same, with the new rewards and trade-ins added.

Confirmation from a Dev on this would be awesome though.

N

Nisse/Ubbe

LOL I always miss things.

I realy uderstand now to move to SP is a freaking mistake and just makes you lose to do that move.

D

Deb

Having reread the FOF...I had missed a few of the things added.
I noticed this in the middle of the fixes
"Added a statuette engraving tool"
Anyone know what this is and what statues we will be able to use it
on?
I have to say this is an impressive publish. I also love the zoo change.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats a Horse Barding?
I'm stoked about these items, especially since I LOVE to decorate.