• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fishmongers' Quests locations sub-servers ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I recall reading a post that was listing the various sub-servers where the Fishmongers' Quests are located but I can no longer find it.

It is my understanding that the Quests can be given and have listed as a delivery location the following 8 places :

* Britain
* Jhelom
* Moonglow
* Papua
* Sea Market
* Skara Brae
* Trinsic
* Vesper

What I am trying to find out, is whether these 8 places are all on their separate sub-server or whether some of them share the same sub-server.

By knowing this, I can figure out, by the current location of my ship, whether I can simply recall to docks and complete a quest or get one given assuming that my ship is in that same one sub-server of that one location.

Thanks.
P.S. To deliver a completed Quest (or get a new one...) the only requirement is to be in the same sub-server, right ? It is not required to actually be with one's own ship near the pertaining fishmonger NPC ?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
* Britain-alone
* Papua-alone
* Vesper-alone
* Sea Market and Moonglow-same
* Skara Brae, Jhelom and Trinsic-same

You can not recall to the Sea Market.
You only need to be on the sub-server to recieve or deliver quests, except Sea Market. Only way to get there is to sail there.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I removed this post as I read this as an exploit, Then Petra spoke to Mesanna and Mesanna said this was actually a feature to prevent 'Dock Congestion' so this post was moved back.

It is totally legal to do.

A

anvira

So, not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, sorry for the additional questions if this has been addressed previously.

so, you can essentially turn in your quests if you are located within the same 'sub server'? ie. If I'm at the emporium (with my boat) I can recal to Moonglow and turn in my quest?

Can I then 're-up' my quest in Moonglow, or do I need to take my boat there? - ZOMG YESSS! (thanks i just tried and actually re-read the initial post :p)

Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's what I do:

Typically, I get all 8 quests before heading to the Floating Emporium, filling all those I can from my hold, replacing them until I get all 8 quests where I can only partially fill them with my remaining stored fish. I then sit off the Floating Emporium, and do all my fishing at the market(parts of the docks areas are shallow water some of the time, but not all of the time... bug?).

Once I get all 8 quests filled, then do the following...

1. Deliver any Moonglow and Floating Emporium/Fish Market quests before setting sail.

2. Leave from the Fish Market SW, turning west at the approximate latitude of the Serpent Pillar (this will typically have you sailing over the ocean areas that were once the lower landmass of Haven).

3. (optional) If something has to go to Papua (or if I've already turned in the quest from there), stop at the serpent pillar, cross over, RECALL to Papua (don't move the boat), do your business there, then recall. Check your map to see where you are in relation to the pillar, go to the pillar, and return to the surface seas.

4. Continue W from your return spot (which will be a random direction from the pillar, usually several screens away) until you cross the server line into the waters between Trinsic and Buc's Den. Continue sailing until your map shows that you are past a line drawn down from Buc's Den's west coast, to make step 6 easier.

5. Recall to Skara, Jhelom & Trinsic for deliveries and pick-ups. Odds are you will have to go revisit one of the cities to pick up a quest, after delivering to the other two. Check your quests and their requirements, as you might be able to immediately refill and deliver a quest, before you move.
5.a. If NOW you have Papua's quest open (or get a quest to Papua that you can immediately fill), consider jumping back to step 3 (sailing east from Trinsic waters). Otherwise, proceed to 6.

6. Since (as I advised in #4 above) you are west of Buc's Den (latitude doesn't matter, only longitude), but not so far west that you'll hit islands or swamp, sail due North, until you cross into Britain's waters (the server line passes through the northern part of Buc's Den, through the southern tips of Horseshoe Island). Come to a complete stop as soon as you are clear of the server line.

7. Recall to make your Britain delivery, and to get a Britain quest (by this time, it's almost certain you've turned in your old one from there, as the only old quests left by this point will be to, and possibly from, Vesper). Check the new quest. If you can fill it immediately, and it goes to Skara, Jhelom or Trinsic, sail one screen south and deliver, before returning north, getting another quest from Britain, then continuing.

8. Sail NE from British waters, to reach those of Vesper. Take care not to go so far East that you run into Nujelm or Dagger Island (or sail back into the waters of Moonglow & the Market). Recall to vesper, get your new quest from Vesper, and make any remaining deliveries.

9. Return to your ship, sail SE, taking care to avoid Nujelm and Magincia (especially the latter, with its event spawn). Make course corrections once you pass between those two islands, to reach the Floating Emporium. Dock, recall to Moonglow to get your new Moonglow quest (and deliver any you completed for there along the way), then recall back to the boat, to do the same for the Emporium's Fishmonger.

10. Fish to complete all the quest crates (after all, some areas are shallow water there, some of the time - the area is bugged to where some of the dock areas seem to randomly change from shallow to deep, and back), and start back at step 1.

Note that if you get a bugged quest, just ignore it, and eventually when you go back around the next round or two of the cities, it will clear itself up. It's not worth the hassle of abandoning it.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Additionally i have parked a classic ship with one of my other chars near the sea market. That way I can recall onto that ship (traded the key for it to my fisher), do a short sail to the market, sail back to its parking location after doing buisiness with the monger there.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I removed this post as I read this as an exploit, Then Petra spoke to Mesanna and Mesanna said this was actually a feature to prevent 'Dock Congestion' so this post was moved back.

It is totally legal to do.
OK!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's what I do if I am at the Fish Market (typically, I get all 8 quests, filling all those I can from my hold, replacing them until I get 8 partially-fillable quests, then do all my fishing at the market). Once I get all 8 quests filled, then I sail the following route...

One thing I do not understand, is how you can get all of the 8 quests when your ship is in the sub-server of the Sea Market.

In order to be offered the Quest, you need to have your ship in the same sub-server where the offering Fishmonger is located and since the 8 fishmongers are split over 5 different sub-servers it is necessary, in order to be offered the 8 Quests, to have the ship be present in all of the 5 different sub-servers.

How can you then get all 8 Quests from the Sea Market ?

This I do not have clear at all.........

1. Deliver any Haven and Floating Emporium/Fish Market quests before setting sail.
Is there a Fishmonger in Haven ??

I had no knowledge of this and Haven is NOT listed in Stratics as a valid Fishmonger Quest location at Fishing Quests

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a little confused. "sub server"?
I know whatis it but i don'tunderstand why it is important for fishing quest
Please explain it to me :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One thing I do not understand, is how you can get all of the 8 quests when your ship is in the sub-server of the Sea Market.

In order to be offered the Quest, you need to have your ship in the same sub-server where the offering Fishmonger is located and since the 8 fishmongers are split over 5 different sub-servers it is necessary, in order to be offered the 8 Quests, to have the ship be present in all of the 5 different sub-servers.

How can you then get all 8 Quests from the Sea Market ?

This I do not have clear at all.........
Haven was a typo. I meant Moonglow.

I got all 8 quests by going around to the other cities in the route in the description, to get to the sea market, to start fishing. It's been my routine now for almost a week, doing this.

All you have to do is start at the Sea Market, sail this route, and you'll have all 8 by the time you're done (and have delivered any you already had ready).

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to laugh because it is a little time that i use a translator
Not for all the speech but for the most time.
Normally when i use it to write ( it is a google translator) i change some very stupid phrases.
It is a very pity that you can't understand italian because the translator has given me a surreal speech of Basara :)
Is it true that i don't know english very well, but sorry, I'm laughing for 10 minutes
Ok, i have to understand without translator.
It's very hard :(
One time the entire world was divided into some subserver. You could know when you changed by one to another because there was a change of all stats of the player for a second. Like when a player recall to a city to another :)
The servers lines were visible on UoAutomap.
But with UoCartography there are no servers lines.
Now i read the post of Popps.
Ok, i don't see the server lines and it's can be ok, but how can i do to see the lines for the quest?
You have answered to him but i don't understood :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I usually just remember where they are...

One way to remember is that there is a line running north and south through Buc's Den, and another running east and west.

The north/south line runs through the middle of Buc's den, where the bridges are between the East and West side. It continues all the way north, to where it divides Minoc from Vesper.
The east/west line runs through the top of the island, where the entrance to the underground tunnels are behind the bath house.

North of the E/W line, and West of the N/S line is the Britain sub-server.
South of the E/W line, and West of the N/S line is the Trinsic/Jhelom/Skara sub-server.
South of the E/W line, and East of the N/S line is the server with the Serpent Pillar to Papua on it.

The server lines are a bit odd north of Britain, as noted above. You have to cross to the East side of the Line mentioned above, that runs from between Minoc & vesper, down through buc's den, but then you ALSO have to cross over the one running East/West north of Britain, south of Cove & Vesper, to get where you can recall to Vesper. That line runs through the Orc Fort by Cove, then continues East just south of the coastline, and southeast of Nujelm.

There is another line running vertically north/south between Vesper & Nujelm. The one running eastward, south of Vesper, actually ends at it, instead of continuing past. As a result, Moonglow and the Market are on the same server. Had the east/west line continued to the east from that point, it would go through the middle of Nujelm and Verity Island (Moonglow) - but instead, it stops at that N/S line. It also appears that the line going between Britain & Trinsic, and through Buc's den East/West, also stops at that line, to keep from crossing into Magincia. (which is a good thing, otherwise I think there might have been a server line THROUGH the market had it continued).

I hope that can translate well for you.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, i don't see the server lines and it's can be ok, but how can i do to see the lines for the quest?

There is a way you can determine UO sub-servers.

When you are sailing, the game tells you that you have crossed a server line. Stop the boat and make a mark in UOCartographer.

Do it every time you cross server lines and after a while you will have marks that you can draw a line in between to have a delimitation of the server lines in UOCartographer.

Or, you can still use UOAutomap if you have it, it still works though it does not update any longer. In Automap you can clearly see the server lines.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Japanese version of Automap isn't legal...

However, I did get Petra to use a working copy of Automap, and I made us a map. Based on this, you should be able to deliver to Vesper while sitting at the Serpent Pillar (eliminating that long leg of the trip), but I've not tested it yet.

Of course, Petra being a Siege player, it's a map of Fel, but the server lines are the same, with the only real difference being the visual differences between Ocllo & Haven/New Haven (more water to fish and sail through, in the case of the latter).

Attachments

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a map showing latitude/longitude?

Basara: Do the E/W andd N/S lines that separate the servers also act as latitude and longitude demarcations? I finally have the world map plotting down for quest delivery purposes, but doing MIBs i must rely on co-ords alone. so are the sever lines you mentioned the place where 180 S ends and 0 N begins and vice versa for E/W ?

I have no interest in using UOmap or UOCartographer, thank you...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: Is there a map showing latitude/longitude?

nope, the ones intersecting on Buc's Den have no relation whatsoever to latitude & longitude, other than being straight lines that run along a latitude or longitude. The map edge the game uses are based on an X,Y coordinate system, that the Latitude & longitude were pretty much forcibly layered onto.

What messes things up is that Lord British's throne is 0 lat, 0 long for the demarcation of the world coordinates (so that parts of Britain city are effectively in all 4 quadrants of the globe/torus). It's not even near the middle of the map, being (in geometric terms) up in quadrant II considerably up and left of where it would be if 0 lat & long met at the center of the map.

Without using the map programs, your best bet would be to go that intersection on Buc's Den, and use a sextant to find the latitude of the line running there from between Trinsic & Britain, and the longitude of the one running down from between Minoc & Vesper.

The one that runs N/S to the east of Minoc, Haven and Nujelm is a bit more intuitive to look out for. But it IS the 180 degree line (or close to it), amazingly enough.

I sometimes wonder if one of the following was true:
a. Buc's Den was accidentally placed west of its intended location, putting it under the intersection
or
b. The Minoc/Vesper line was meant to be east of Vesper, not west, and the misplacement dropped it through Buc's Den. OR IT was to be closer to Minoc (perhaps even through Minoc)

If you look at Mapper's posting of a grid map, below, it would have made more sense for the M/V/Buc's line to have been at 90 degrees, except that it would haven ended up bisecting Minoc. And, I would hazard a guess that trying to avoid in-town intersections in the large communities (Minoc was popular with miners in the early game) was a major issue (hence the line between Britain and Vesper hugging the mountains and sea coast, instead of bisecting the throne room and playing holy hell with events - imagine only half the crowd being able to hear royal speeches, because the other half are on the wrong side of the line).

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Stratics has a nice map here which shows the Lat/Long lines.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you might find the zoomable map useful for locating your mibs.
UO Stratics