• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing Question

• Thread starter Azazel of LA
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Azazel of LA

Ive been fishing alot the last couple days and have gotten over 30 MIBs and over 20 Tmaps but only 1 Fishing Net. Am I just on a unlucky run or has something changed with nets?:confused:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totally agreed
Some days fish for hours, and get one mib, and nothing else
Some days, seems like everything you touch gets a net or a mib...same is true with pearls.

As an old friend named Mordecai used to say, "Some days yer da bug, some days yer da windshield" :lol:

Z

Zodiac19

Realy, realy hit and miss. I fished for about three hours last night and got 1 MIB, 0 nets, and 0 pearls.

A

Azazel of LA

ok well the latest is this , Im at 36 MIBs , 31 Maps , 7 Pearls , 6 Big Fish and only 1 Net (and a very nice pile of leather and scales):thumbup1:

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, this is the one aspect of fishing that drives some people crazy.

Fishing is exactly like real life some days. I can sit there for 8 hrs on the dock and not catch a darn thing out of a pond full of catfish. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
most of my nets come from SOS chests. Start fishing up the SOS and you'll get a net about one out of every 3-4 chests...

L

Lord Richard

before the fishing system was tweeked, you used to get tons of nets, and very few MIB's so now they have a balance:lie:...also the way alot of us fished we could sit on one spot all day, and just rotate around the boat, but they fixed that one too:stir:yes, fishing is a really fun sport...these...days.
:bdh:

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most of my nets come from SOS chests. Start fishing up the SOS and you'll get a net about one out of every 3-4 chests...
Yup! Most of my nets come from my chests which i throw back in the water immediately for another SOS. It's like, once you start...the fun is endless.

A

Azureal

Decided to do a little fishing today, and record how many serpents I got, and what each of them had. I do atleast an hour of fishing every day, and sit at a good 2-3hour session atleast once a week. These results seem fairly normal for me (except for one surprise) but I'll see what the rest of you think.

Now, I have two ships permanently out in the water, on opposite sides of the map. My macro targets the spots at North, East, South and West. I fish at one boat until I get atleast two of the fishing spots telling me theres no fish left. Then I recall to the other boat and start again.

Oceania Server

Boat 1 - 4.27pm

4.28pm - Sea Serp - Map
4.30pm - Sea Serp - Map
4.35pm - Sea Serp - Empty
4.39pm - Sea Serp - Empty
4.41pm - Sea Serp - Net
4.47pm - Sea Serp - MIB

Total 20 Minutes Fishing, 6 Serpents

Boat 2 - 4.49pm

4.54pm - Sea Serp - Map

Total 13 Minutes Fishing, 1 Serpent

Boat 1 - 5.02pm

5.06pm - Sea Serp - Net
5.09pm - Sea Serp - MIB
5.11pm - Sea Serp - MIB
5.17pm - Sea Serp - Empty
5.19pm - Sea Serp - Empty

Total 19 Minutes Fishing, 5 Serpents

Boat 2 - 5.21pm

5.22pm - Big Fish! - 83 Stones
5.28pm - Sea Serp - MIB
5.34pm - Sea Serp - Map

Total 16 Minutes Fishing, 2 Serpents

5.37pm Break

5.39pm - Fed the cats.
5.43pm - fed the Dog

Total 10 Minutes Feeding Pets. 1 Happy Wife.

Boat 1 - 5.47pm

5.57pm - Sea Serp - Net. A Blaze Net. Atleast Im 99.9% sure its blaze, very bright and slightly more orange than a pile of gold coins. I didnt know that coloured nets dropped from Serpents, I though you only found them inside of chests you fished up. This was the only serpent for the entire period at this location, but it was worth it.

Total 14 Minutes Fishing, 1 Serpent

Boat 2 - 6.01pm

6.04pm - Sea Serp - Empty
6.04pm - Pearl. The pearl dropped at the same time as the Serpent popped.
6.05pm - Sea Serp - MIB
6.09pm - Sea Serp - Empty
6.11pm - Sea Serp - Empty

Total 16 Minutes Fishing, 4 Serps

Boat 1 - 6.17pm

6.21pm - Sea Serp - MIB
6.23pm - Sea Serp - Net
6.25pm - Deep Sea Serp - MIB
6.27pm - Sea Serp - MIB
6.28pm - Sea Serp - Net

Total 16 minutes Fishing, 5 Serpents. This was the only time a Deep Sea Serpent popped.

Boat 2 - 6.33pm

6.34pm - Sea Serp - Net
6.36pm - Sea Serp - MIB
6.38pm - Sea Serp - Empty
6.41pm - Sea Serp - Empty
6.43pm - Sea Serp - Map
6.46pm - Stop

Total 13 minutes Fishing, 5 Serpents

Overall Totals

Time: 2 hours 19 minutes
Serpents: 29
With Loot: 20
MIBs: 9
Maps: 5
Nets: 6

Musings

Serps only ever have Black Pearl and Sulfurous Ash as a standard reagent, but you will find random singular Necro regs from time to time.

Theres no such thing as a sweet spot. Boat 2 looked like a fizzer early on, and then came through with runs of 5-6 serps just like Boat 1.

Theres far too many pairs of shoes. Its just a PITA to fish them up all the time.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
footwear comes in handy for leaving a trail and finding your way home :lol:

your fishing record looks about right for our experience... altho we do find, from time to time, areas that feel like sweet spots, so we stop and fish it out.... prolly just wishful thinking, but we like to think we get lucky now and then ;)

F

Fran Fury

before the fishing system was tweeked, you used to get tons of nets, and very few MIB's so now they have a balance:lie:...also the way alot of us fished we could sit on one spot all day, and just rotate around the boat, but they fixed that one too:stir:yes, fishing is a really fun sport...these...days.
:bdh:

When I go out fishing I still stay in one spot and rotate around the boat.Works fine for me and the results are the same as when I move around.

I might go out fishing more if they brought back 8x8 and people had to sail the server lines again :p Oh how I miss the good old pirating days :(

A

Azazel of LA

What about colored fishing nets? Do you pull those up like regular ones or from chest loot only?

A

Azureal

What about colored fishing nets? Do you pull those up like regular ones or from chest loot only?

I dont know if anyone else saw it in my post, but I pulled up a Blaze coloured fishing net as loot on a serpent. I had always thought coloured nets spawned inside chests.

C

Charmed

Coloured nets can be found both in Serpent Corpse and Shipwrecked Chest.
Just that the frequency of them appearing is very very low.
I believe it's all depend on RL luck.

And normally i will fish at the 4 corners of the ship in 1 spot until it drys up before i move on to another spot.

A

Azazel of LA

Well , Im now at almost 150 MIBs and only 5 nets ..... luckily Im just handing all these things in anways.:stretcher:

A

Azureal

Well , Im now at almost 150 MIBs and only 5 nets ..... luckily Im just handing all these things in anways.:stretcher:
Ive decided to do 10-20 MiBs per night. The pre-chest loot is worth more than the mib, add in the gold, gems and scrolls and its a far better deal. Course, there is the time taken to do it, but what else have I got to do?

A

Azazel of LA

I decided to fish up all my SoSs too , got about 120 left but I should be able to knock that out this weekend , already got 90 pre chest items so Im gonna run out of storage quick at my luna house .... luckily I have accsess to a friends castle to store stuff too.