• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing quest rewards

• Thread starter Tane Darkbane
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
T

Tane Darkbane

Time to get a list started! - added fish points

**Updated based on known info **

each fish is weighted depending on type :

Crab and Lobster: *2
Inshore fish: *1
Deepwater fish: *2
Dungeon fish: *3
(info supplied by Mark_Mythic)

However the number of bait charges you will receive is based on the following:

Crab and lobster: * 0.5
Inshore fish: * 0.5
Deepwater fish: * 1
Dungeon fish * 1.5

As you complete quests and gain reputation, the size of quests offered will increase (can still get low level though)
Quitting quests will decrease your reputation
The largest quest reported so far is a 6 item order
Receiving the same fish type when taking multiple quests will result in a - 5 to the fish type order weight ***BUG should be fixed in Pub 69**
Current recommendation is to fill smaller order first followed by larger order to avoid fish level droppping

All quest are rated out of 360 (based on container max weight 1200/10 *3 for dungeon fish)

known score rewards so far (require review - currently based on bait scoring system):
Bait (various; Fairy Salmon,Holy Mackrel,Stone crab,Autumn Dragonfish,Great Barracuda,Yellowtail Barracuda) quantity will match score
10 points : lava fishing pole
10 points : lava lobster trap
order of dragonfish book 2
order of dragonfish book 4
30 points : 105 powerscroll (lowest so far reported)
67points : reaper fish bait (im guessing next bait band starts at 60 points - reaper, blue lobster, lava fish, crystal fish)

known other rewards:

Higher level fish books which reveal legendary fish loactions

B

BrigSI

Heres what i have so far.

Start Destination Type of Fish Number Reward

Seaport Skara Brae Drake Fish 10 Yellowtail Bait
Skara Brae Papua Cobia 10 Lava Fishing Pole
Papua Moonglow Green Catfish 10 Holy Mackrel Bait
Moonglow Papua Red Snook 10 Lava Lobster Trap
Papua Britain Spiny Lobster 10 Fairy Salmon Bait
Britain Skara Brae Kokanee Salmon 10 *going to turn in now*

Ill update as i get more quests done.

T

Tane Darkbane

10 Darkfish - Britain to moonglow - 15 stone crab bait - 2 points

W

Wrayne

Quest recieved at Papua.

10 Apple Crab
10 Blue Grooper
10 Tarpon

To fishing emporium

Reward - Lava Fishing pole

W

Wrayne

Trinsic to Jhelom

10 - Walleye

Reward - Autumn Dragonfish Bait

J

Jon the Fisherman

Sea Market to Britain 10 Bluefish - reward Fairy Salmon Bait
Sea Market to Britain 10 Red Snook - reward Holy Mackerel Bait
The type of bait reward appears random

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jhelom monger said Papua meanie wanted 10 King Crab, 15 Darkfish, and 15 Drake Fish. Received 50 Stone Crab Bait. Anyone know where the stone crabs swim?

P.S. Classic client not giving any info on fish points!

W

Wrayne

I would assume you could do it anywhere considering it lets you know where the rare fish are on UO Guide.

W

Wrayne

Anyone caught anything with the lava fishing pole? I tried for about 10 minutes and nothing.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
10 Rainbow Trout - Sea Market to Brti = Lava Lobster Trap

15 Smallmouth Bass 10 Bluefish - Moonglow to Sea Market = Stone Crab Bait 15 use

*edit*

5 Blue Grouper - Jelholm to Sea Market = Lava Lobster Trap

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
10 Captain Snook from Sea Market to Britain: Lava Lobster Trap

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, Bait is not required to catch the rare fish that have bait types - it only improves the chance.

My first Big fish of the publish was a 119 stone Yellowtail Barracuda, and I wasn't using bait.

F

Fat Lip

I got one:

Quest Giver: Sea Market Fish Monger
Fish to Catch: 10 Dungeon Chub
Deliver to: Papua
Reward: 15 Great Barracuda Bait

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got a new reward today, 10 Smallmouth Bass to Papua, I got a book on Shallow Uncommon Fish.

W

Wrayne

Has anyone gotten a PS yet? I got a 5 fish quest and recieved a bait.

W

Wrayne

Also, is anyone else having issues with completed quests remaining in que?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, is anyone else having issues with completed quests remaining in que?
*raises hand* me me me!
Actually that is a somewhat simple bug and you can sort out on your own ...

When you deliver a quest to a fishmonger, where you have an active quest from, the delivered quest gets not deleted from your questlog. Once you have delievered the second quest, you can go back to the struggling monger and get your quest removed from the log.
( Like you have a quest to deliver from A to B. Now you get a Quest from C to A and deliver that one first, A doesnt clear the Quest from C off your log. You have to do the deliver from A to B first and go back to fishmonger A to get the quest from C to A cleared.)
Simpliest solution is: dont hop back and forth and deliver all quests in about the order in which you have received them.

M

Muu Bin

*raises hand* me me me!
I had this issue too and resolved it a little differently than Silverbird.

My very first quest was with the Monger at the Floating Market. I ended up back at him due to another quest. Anyhow... when I returned the fish to the Monger at the Floating Market, I decided to click on him again for another quest. It said "thank you" again for completing a quest so I looked at my Quest Log and one of the "stuck" ones was gone. I kept doing this and it slowly deleted each old/ stuck one until everything was how it should have looked. This saved me from having to cancel the quests and lose any points already accumulated.

Anyhow... this was how it worked for me. I hope this or Silverbird's method helps and if it does, post on here to let others know. Good luck!

D

Destiny<3

Seems like my problem was at the Floating Emporium too. I just kept clicking the fish monger like you described and it sorted itself out. It is pretty much my fault since when I first started I didnt really keep up with who was giving me what quest! Plus I was sailing all over the place getting numerous quests out of order. Thanks for the help! Now if I could just magically make my lobster traps stick around!

W

Wrayne

Alright, here we go. Another 5 fish order.
20 Snow Crab
5 Hummer Lobster
20 Tarpon
10 Captain Snook
20 Rainbow Trout
From Papua to 'Jhelom

We'll find out what the reward is after server reset.

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, I have gotten a lot of part 1 of the books, and 1 part 4. Are the other parts rare?

I got my first 105 power scroll turning in a quest in Moonglow last night. The order was for 2 sets of 15 fish each.

How are you folks seeing points? I play the Enhanced Client and it doesn't show up for me. It would be great if it tracked in the loyalty menu.

W

Wrayne

Hooray! A Stone Crab Bait! I can't believe it...When will I ever get a 105 much less a 120. Ugh!

L

Luke Carjacker

I finally got my 105 PS off a 4-parter for 75 fish total (20/20/20/15). I'm hoping to hear some people announce they've received 110s soon :). I'd love to reach 106 fishing to start getting quests for dungeon fish (which I did on the first day but they changed I guess).

W

Wrayne

WooHoo! 105! My 73rd quest from Trinsic to Skara...
15 Rock Lobster
10 Cape Cod
10 Cobia
15 Amberjack
10 Yellowfin Tuna
10 Brook Trout

Alright...Time for more fishing...At least now I can gain skill. GL all...

Vulcanus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me exactly where to fish in lava and ice. I cant seem to grasp where. Oh and no ps fishing scroll for me yet. I have done 72 quests so far including two 5 part ones.:sad3:

L

Luke Carjacker

So, I got a 6-part order for 120 fish. I guess, based on what I've gotten so far, this is the biggest possible order. My reward was a 100 unit King Fish bait cup. First time I've received that actually, so I think it's pretty rare, and 100 units is by far the most I've received as a reward; 70 was the highest before that I think. Not a PS, but a pretty nice reward. Just to note, my follow up order was for 10 fish...

My first time uploading pictures to stratics, hope it works.

Attachments

T

Tane Darkbane

Nice - this weighed in at 100 points almost the max for non dungeon fish (120)
hopefully you will see dungeon fish soon and get close to the max reward weight of 180 points

F

Fat Lip

Got another:

Quest Giver: Papua Fish Monger
Destination: Britain
Order to Fill: 10 Hummer Lobster (hard to find *wipes sweat*)
Reward: Stone Crab Bait (5 uses)

This was a pain in the balls, and the reward sucks. Maybe the Brit fish monger will give me something more to fill.

Where does it say how many quest points you got, or your current reputation with the guild?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the mentioned 'points' are only an idea to rate the weight of an order. You cannot see it, unless you calculate them by your own. You cann see this rating on the number of charges of a biat, that you would get, if you would get a bait for that order. Add up all lobster/crabs (weighted 0.5), shallow water fishes (weighted 0.5), deep water fishes (weighted 1.0) and dungeon fishes (weighted 1.5) to get the rating for your order.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just delivered my fisrt really huge order:
- 15 rock crab
- 20 spined lobster
- 20 tarpoon
- 20 amberjack
- 15 shad
- 20 bluegill sunfish

Not fully max size and only rated at 82.5 but still a lot of work. (Rock crabs are my personal nightmare, i could fill every other order/size for any specific crabs/lobsters atm.)
And i got ... TADAAH ...
82 charges of summer dragonfish bait

F

Fat Lip

Another small one...

Destination: Vesper
Catch what: 10 Captain Snook
Reward: 10 Fairy Salmon Bait

F

Fat Lip

Small one completed again:

Destination: Trinsic
What to Catch: 10 Cobia
Reward: Book - "Order of the Dragonfish Handbook, Part 4"

F

Fat Lip

Small one...

Destination: Moonglow
What to Catch: 10 Cape Cod
Reward: 10 Great Barracuda Bait

W

Wrayne

Alright I am well over 125 quests no sign of a 110 PS however just got a 6 fish quest I am working on.
10 King Crab
20 Snow Crab
10 Fred Lobster
20 Pike
20 Rainbow Trout
10 Green catfish

This is my first quest since actually hitting 105 in fishing...wish me luck!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
each fish is weighted depending on type :

Crab and Lobster: *0.5
Inshore fish: *0.5
Deepwater fish: *1.0
Dungeon fish: *1.5

known score rewards so far :
Bait (various; Fairy Salmon,Holy Mackrel,Stone crab,Autumn Dragonfish,Great Barracuda,Yellowtail Barracuda) quantity will match score
10 points : lava fishing pole
10 points : lava lobster trap
order of dragonfish book 2
order of dragonfish book 4
30 points : 105 powerscroll (lowest so far reported)

Hmmm.......

I got an order to deliver to Skara Brae :

- 15 Dungeness Crabs value 0.5 * 15 = 7.5 points

- 15 Blue Crabs value 0.5 * 15 = 7.5 points

- 10 Rock Crabs value 0.5 * 10 = 5 points

- 15 Tarpon value 1.0 * 15 = 15 points

- 15 Yellofin Tuna value 1.0 * 15 = 15 points

- 20 Green Catfish value 0.5 * 20 = 10 points

Total value of Order = 60 points.
Total weight 700/1200 stones.

My reward ?

A "Blue Lobster Bait", 60 charges...........

Totally not funny. A whole lot of time went into filling up that large Order.
I was expecting something really much better. like a Powerscroll.

I fill up an order that totals 60 points and get the same reward as a lousy 10 points order ???

This is ridicolous.

For another Order to Trinsic, I had to deliver :

- 15 Hummer Lobsters value 0.5 * 15 = 7.5 points

- 10 Black Seabass 1.0 * 10 = 10.0 points

- 5 Blue Grouper value 1.0 * 5 = 5 points

- 15 Pumpkinseed Sunfish value 0.5 * 15 = 7.5 points

- 10 Redbelly Bream value 0.5 * 10 = 5 points

Total value of Order = 35 points.
Total weight 385/1200 stones.

My reward ?

A "Giant Koi Bait" 35 charges.....

Fermi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone gotten book 3 yet? I think I have rare bait. lava fish bait and reaper fish bait.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part 3 i got 1 time out of 94 quests. Was the last one i got tho. I had alot of the other books before i got 1 #3.

Noone wants those books (npc wise). They all shy away from it. The mongers say, that i need to mark them as quest items first. Is there a quest to send in a set for a +10 PS? ;)

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
welp i guess i need to start throwing mine in here also

10 snow crabs
15 fred lobsters
15 bonito
15 blue grouper
5 yellow perch
for the reward i got a lava lobster trap

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok here what i got today

15 crsuty lobsters
10 pumpkins
5 pike
10 smallmouth
105 power scoll

20 dungeonous crabs
10 use stone crab bait

15 rock lobsters
10 tarpin
5 amberjack
20 red grouper
20 kokani salmon
lava fishing pole

more to come

W

Wrayne

Hey all,

Just trying to keep this thread alive. Any luck with 110 PS? I am still doing quests and I got a Spider Crab Bait. The only one I have gotten so far. Anyone else getting rarer baits as well? The ones I think are the most rare are bull fish, unicorn fish and spider crab.

GoodLuck Fishing!

Wrayne

Fermi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have reaper and lava fish bait that are abyssal cloth colored. It is very hard to see in pack and thats even using the grid. I have also cyrstal fish bait which is a pretty color green. Bull fish bait is black but not abyssal colored.

I m afraid to use any bait til have 120 skill because I dont know the minimum skill required.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I would be right in saying all the fish from the basic level of baits, the first batch you collect (listed here: Fishing Quests), can be caught at GM skill and the skill needed may be as low as 80. I have caught all but Fairy Salmon ( which I haven't tried for) before obtaining a +5 scroll.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fairy salmon as well, I caught mine before gm skill. I used all of the baits you get for doing the quests at gm or below skill and have caught all of them with the exception of the great barracuda. I don't think you will receive a bait until you have the skill to catch the fish that it is for. I started the quests while I was training my fisher and it seemed to me that I didn't get the baits for certain fish until I had got higher in skill. I didn't really keep track of it though so I can't say for certain whether that is the case or not.

W

Wrayne

I just finished a quest today and recieved a crystal fish bait. This is exciting. I am thinking I hit a new tier in the quests as I am recieving baits I haven't before. Again, thanks for keeping this post going and hope to hear some good PS news soon!

T

Tane Darkbane

Thanks for keeping this going guys.

BTW can anyone confirm the dev's theory regarding post publish fishers vs pre-publish fishers?

"I think I know what is causing it and if I'm right it would generally affect players who have been doing the quest for a while and rarely affect players just starting out... which I why I didn't catch it before now." Mark_Mythic

I'm starting to wonder if i should transfer fishing to another character and restart.