• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing quest from Papua to Vesper

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can it be done? Its my very first quest (Dunno why I picked Papua, other than it is remote :)) and I am not sure how to sail to Vesper from the Lost Lands?

Thanks in advance!
Crazy

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Serpents pillar i think? In the middle of the sea, need to say some words

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just sail N -NE until the water opens up, a little bit to the NE after you get out of the Papua cove you will see the serpents pillar. When your ship is touching the pillar say “Sueacron” and you will be teleported from the lost lands to the pillar that is east of Trinsic. From there just set sail North to Vesper.

below is a map of the lost lands, I circled in yellow the papua docks where you should be with your ship when you take the quest. The area circled in red is the location of the serpents pillar. Good luck mate!

DC2CB10C-EA6D-4A33-86E3-7B8D267D1B06.jpeg

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you use the pillar off Trinsic you end up very close to Papua. Often you can see the pillar back out from your boat, on the radar.

A fun trick.... You don't have to go to the ports, just be on the same sub-server.

So, for Trinsic/Skara/Jhelom, you can be be off one, and pick up/deliver to all three.
For Moonglow, you can be moored off the Floating Emporium and do both.

And, for your situation..... Vesper and the Trinsic/Papua Serpent pillar (and all the areas where you arrive coming from the lost lands) are on the same subserver.

So, you can get a quest in Papua by going through the Pillar, and recalling to the dock. Then, when you go back to the "surface", you can recall from wherever you pop back out STRAIGHT to Vesper (once you have the correct fish in the crate) and deliver & get a quest there, then recall back to the ship.

If you look on older threads, there's talk of a "Triangle" or "U" route, for doing all the cities at once.

1. Start at Britain.
2. Steer to off of Trinsic - recall to the fishmongers in Trinsic, Skara, and Jhelom.
3. Go East to the serpent pillar. Recall to Vesper, get quest, then back to ship, before using the Pillar.
4. Go through pillar to Papua, recall to Papua, get quest, and back through pillar.
5. Sail East/Northeast to Floating Emporium, dock there (or park outside buoy line and use a rowboat to go to the docks), get Quest from FE, Recall to MoonGlow, Get the last quest, then recall back to the ship.

6. At this point, fill the quests with fish, while staying parked off the Emporium. Once the quests are filled....

7-11. Go back through 5 through 1 in reverse order. Start by going to the FE and Moonglow fishmongers to deliver quests to them (and maybe get replacements as you fill them). Then, to the Serpent Pillar (and do 3&4 in whichever order you choose. In some cases, you might be better off doing them in a specific order because you are delivering Vesper to Papua or Papua to Vesper, and will be able to more easily get a replacement quest). Then, off to offshore of Trinsic for the 3 southern mainland cities, and lastly back up to Britain.

12. At this point, you'll have a number of replacement quests (but not all of them). So, either fill all the ones you have, or start back at step 1.

You can just go back and forth, tracing that U, saving a lot of travel time compared to filling the quests one at a time (and spend more time fishing)

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hot dang! I am glad I asked! Thank you for the information, this will help me to get through the fishing quests so much more quickly.

Crazy

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there a trick to having the fishmonger give you a quest without the ship at the dock?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
is there a trick to having the fishmonger give you a quest without the ship at the dock?
no you just recall to the docks.
your ship just have to be in the sub server areas.

The only one you have to be close to the docks, is the floating emporium

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
your ship just have to be in the sub server areas.

The only one you have to be close to the docks, is the floating emporium
There isnt anything special with floating emporium except you cant mark a rune there, being on the same subserver is enough. When I did the quests I parked a small ship next to the buoy line and recalled to that boat and sailed in to the fishmonger.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, of course, you can only have 10 quests at a time, and if you do all the quests at once, that will take 8 of the 10 slots.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There isnt anything special with floating emporium except you cant mark a rune there, being on the same subserver is enough. When I did the quests I parked a small ship next to the buoy line and recalled to that boat and sailed in to the fishmonger.
it always tells me my ship isn't close enough.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That’s why the fishmongers tell me too, I will try with a bigger ship (used small dragon as it was in my inventory the first time :) )

Thanks! Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You have to new ships -britania, orc or tokuno to do these quests, old ones dont work this

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Then you're probably not on a ship THE FISHER LAUNCHED. If you only have one ship, that's the ONLY way you'd get that message. All your characters on the same account have full access to each other's ships - but your fishing quests ONLY go to the ship THAT CHARACTER LAUNCHED (note that each quest crate has the character's name attached).

If you have multiple ships (like taking advantage of the ability to have 1 High Seas ship and multiple classic ships), then the ship that has been afloat the longest counts as "your ship", regardless of type. You need to take up all other ships, until the High Seas ship is your only ship (then replace the others as needed).

And, even with access to other ships, only your own counts, for purposes of sailing off to claim quests.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Along these lines... at one time they were talking about either using the Serp Pillars to allow travel from Tram to Fel on a boat or implementing other Pillar type deals to allow it. Was that ever implemented?