• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Fishing community

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys. Me and another friend have recently returned to the game. Ive been back since the new year and a very old vet friend came back a couple of weeks ago. He seems very disappointed in the current state of our late nite activity on Legends. We are considering a move to another shard and we all know whos the biggest. I was wondering besides size, how well the shard was functioning.

Im particularly interested in Fishing. Hes very old school and we both want to place consumable type and old school vendors. By old school i mean we want to place vendors that are cheap but have basic stuff that new players need plus bulk items etc. Im not sure what else i need to know , this is just sort of a scouting thing we are both doing. I was pleased to login to Atlantic lastnite around midnite my time (central) and see tons of people still on.

If you have any info that you think i should know or would like to comment on this, please feel free. Thanks for your time.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Atlantic guys!

Vendors with consumables are always in need. Just advertise your place and keep stocked. Fish sell, so you will be kept busy.

It's always good to see vets return.

Welcome home!

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds good. We have no xfer to Atlantic yet but are prospecting. If/when we make our move, im leaning towards atlantic myself. My first character over would be my fisher for sure. Its the character that I play the most right now.

Im glad to hear about fish selling. They are very slow movers on legends , even with rock bottom prices. Im not looking to rip anyone off, just want to make a living.. :) Thanks for the reply

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly… I think the staff killed fishing for us old-school fisher types. The countless junk fish pack your backpack in 5 mins… the serpent spawn is cut very badly, that means less MIBs, less nets, less level 1 maps. It doesn’t mean it's impossible. One of the better things is now you can have fishing poles that have spell channeling so you never drop them… and me, I just feed all the junk fish to a cat and dump whatever else on the serpents.

If you hang around Atlantic at all… you will see some of the night time action is greater then the afternoon for sure.

Never the less… if you wish to have vendor placement… no problem at all. I control several malls on Atlantic. All placement is FREE. A historical town in Yew, called the Red & Purple Mini Mall… there is a mall by Yew public moongate, as well as a mall just outside the west side of laggy Luna called “The Hanging Gardens”.

Check it out:

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-atlantic-trade/238628-free-vendor-space-3-malls%85-you%92re-choice.html

T

Tazar

the serpent spawn is cut very badly, that means less MIBs, less nets, less level 1 maps.

I think that is just your bad luck. If you are looking for serpents, they do not come... if you are looking for special fish to fill an order, you get tons of serpents.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that is just your bad luck. If you are looking for serpents, they do not come... if you are looking for special fish to fill an order, you get tons of serpents.
You bring me bad luck... but that's not what I was saying...

However, very possible... maybe I need to check that out. I really have zero interest in the new fishing quests... I'm after MIBs. :party:

Otherwise... I'm hunting NPC ships with a black flag flying high above the deck of the battle ship. Muhahahahaaa. Then, who needs serpents?

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Certainly welcome on Atlantic!

If you bring fish to sell, you have yourself a buyer, sir. Speaking from myself alone, filling those orders for specific fish... tough to do.

I once got 4 different orders all requiring the same fish in some quantity. Went nuts trying to fish them up and finally just scouted around for fish vendors. Hard to find ones that stay stocked and decent priced.

Sea serpents.. constantly pull them. I can't enjoy a pleasant sail across the Britannian Sea without them getting caught on my line. I might even have a coordinate where they spawn regularly...

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds good. I made a new character and scouted around tonight. I didnt slow down enough to let anyone help me lol. I just wanted to look things over. The shard certainly reminds me of the old days on my current shard. When it was hard to find houses etc.

This is an all or nothing move for me. When my friend is ready , we will take the plunge. Im gonna push for Atlantic for sure.