• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing CHEATERS on TT

• Thread starter Ugly Wrinkleflip
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I can't believe todays top fishing toons. I fished yesterday for 4 hours. Which was worse then watching paint dry. I averaged 40 buckets an hour. thats 3200 fish caught in 4 hours.

So I added up top toon for the day which was 10936 fish caught. If you go with an average player on TT @ 40 buckets an hour thats 546 buckets which equals 13 and a half hours fishing. I know some die hard people that can do some boring stuff but almost 14 hours straight fishing? Impossible.

TT should look into the scores and reality of someone sitting in front of their computer for 14 hours straight fishing. I had to break my 4 hours up with an hour break in the middle.

There may be one or 2 people that might try this just to prove a point but the rest are CHEATING. The used a program to fish for them and should be disqualified for it.

JMO:yell::grrr:

S

soupandquackers

You never know, it could be more than one person playing that toon at the house, it could be a husband and wife who took turns fishing or siblings. Me and my brother take turns fishing sometimes because it gets extremely boring.

H

Holocog

Well, Someone over on TTC (Who has 6 toons all maxed on fishing) could. He is practically a fishing guru, and there has never been A day where he hasnt got top toon. Not suprising, him and some friends could probably go fishing 24 hrs If they wanted to. Also yea there might be some people doing what S&C does too:lol:

G

Granjell

Well - I would hope that it would be some family team-fishing, but do you REALLY think so?

V

VioletPetalhoper

I'm very sure that there are people who have nothing else to do but fish all day but it wouldn't be a surprise to me if there was a program you can purchase to cheat. I have seen programs like that in many games so this one shouldnt be an exception

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I know for a fact there is a program out there. I wont say where or the name of it. But it is definately out there. The same person makes alot of those programs.

Bunch of cheats.

Don't get me wrong cause I cheated when it came to gardening. I got my flower recipies from Stratics. I also made a few friends by using speedchat which is also considered cheating. By no means am I going to say I am a saint.

But when it comes to fishing, doing the physical gardening, Doodle training, and battling I don't cheat, glitch or bend the rules.

Expecially if there is a contest involved.

And yes I am sure there are people that take turns fishing with the same toon. But I seriously doubt that they sit there for 14 hours to catch almost 11k in fish.

I am sure there is a toon or 2 on stratics or lurking that has the programs needed to cheat. Unfortunately for the rest of us we have to do it the hard way.

I would be willing to bet that if Disney took a look at the toon log for the top fishing toon they would see that they Most likely used the same dock on the same pond and never show a break point in the method. But since Disney don't care why should anyone else?

OOh and I did email Disney to ask if they check into those top toons to see if they were using a program. Still no reply which don't surprise me.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not mention the name of the program, or talk about its details.

Now...

I am sure there is a toon or 2 on stratics or lurking that has the programs needed to cheat. Unfortunately for the rest of us we have to do it the hard way.
"have" to. No, Choose to. Getting the flower combos is one thing. Purchasing a program to automate actions while you're afk is another. It's cheating, straight up.

S

SSniffleslam

Well, tar and feather me, but is it really that big a deal? Call me apathetic and uncaring, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over not winning a Special Edition Wall-E DVD.

S

soupandquackers

I still have never heard of anyone cheating over fishing. Its no big deal regardless, if they get caught using it it's thier fault. I know of people using it for doodles but i could care less do to the fact that you dont get laff from it.

S

Squeaker

Last year, my daughter wanted to win the fishing tournament. Fine with me... Always up for a challenge. This is before I started Squeaker and I hardly ever played. I don't remember how many fish we caught, I know we didn't sleep much. Even made the hubby help a time or two... We did win. We never did receive the dvd which is just fine but she still won. That's what mattered. The point is that one toon can do it with multiple people. I still hate fishing to this day!

F

Flippers

I wish they could hire real programmers to detect the cheaters instead of banning the rest of us by accident and leave the cheaters playing the game. :gun:

L

Little Sadie

The most I've ever fished is 7 hours. I did take breaks for a few minutes here and there but fished pretty much for 7 hours. I did that twice and got Top Top toons doing it. Afterwards I thought my eyeballs were going to fall out onto the keyboard. It was so boring. LOL! I do use the same pier and same district every time I fish too. I have read, and from experience think it is better to stick with the same pier and district for each ultra you are going for.

While I have nothing against the fishing thingy, I won't use it myself. I think it just takes the fun out of catching it yourself. There is no sense of accomplishment to having a program do it for you IMO. I have friends, some are on Stratics, that have and do use that program. I have nothing against it and it doesn't bother me in the least that they use it. I will just keep fishing the regular way and hope I get my fish.

As far as contests, yes I agree, that it isn't fair to use that program on days that there are contests going on. It really isn't right to win something without having to put in any effort. Either way, I'm not going to go off the deep end because someone got some cheesey Wall-E dvd.

I will stand by my earlier opinion that there isn't someone that cheats a little or a lot. Cheating is cheating. Whether you use a program that lets you be AFK for whatever reason, get the flower combos from another site, use enhancements to your computer to better your skills while battling cogs, it's all cheating. It doesn't bother me one bit. As long as it isn't affecting my game I don't really care.

L

Little Sadie

Well, Someone over on TTC (Who has 6 toons all maxed on fishing) could. He is practically a fishing guru, and there has never been A day where he hasnt got top toon. Not suprising, him and some friends could probably go fishing 24 hrs If they wanted to. Also yea there might be some people doing what S&C does too:lol:
I know who you are talking about and he doesn't have a toon on Toptoons ever day. I don't believe he uses that program.

E

Electra

I know people personally who have fished for more than 14 hours in a single day. Made the newsletter for fish caught in a month.

S

SSniffleslam

I wish they could hire real programmers to detect the cheaters instead of banning the rest of us by accident and leave the cheaters playing the game. :gun:
Even a real programmer wouldn't be able to detect someone "cheating" without the use of spyware (keyloggers, etc.). Personally, I can tell when someone is using something "illegal" in the game (I am a programmer btw...even have a little piece of paper that says I'm qualified..for all the good that does me..lol), but I can't prove it, and without any proof, they can't do anything about it. So I go on my merry little way and don't worry about it.

F

Flippers

Even a real programmer wouldn't be able to detect someone "cheating" without the use of spyware (keyloggers, etc.). Personally, I can tell when someone is using something "illegal" in the game (I am a programmer btw...even have a little piece of paper that says I'm qualified..for all the good that does me..lol), but I can't prove it, and without any proof, they can't do anything about it. So I go on my merry little way and don't worry about it.
That may be so, but can't they tell via the weblogs somehow just as you can tell the browser, the toolbar (doesnt the 3rd party software act like a plug-in), and even when someone has Service Pack 2 installed on their XP?

Can't always go by sequence of events. Someone I know got suspended two years back - she thinks it was because she was too methodical in gardening. Hey you NEED to be or you never finish.

btw I envy you - I dont have a programmer's mind, and that's setting me back bigtime in Second Life, as their objects scripting language is based on C++

btw Holocog we haven't seen Matt in a while on Top Toons. He made his method based on live skill - can't fish fast if you can't see the dots.

S

SSniffleslam

That may be so, but can't they tell via the weblogs somehow just as you can tell the browser, the toolbar (doesnt the 3rd party software act like a plug-in), and even when someone has Service Pack 2 installed on their XP?
The software doesn't necessarily act like a plug in but I can't explain it without giving away too many details and getting meself in trouble on the board.

F

Flippers

I understand.

You know, the other board used to have posts from 70/70 fishers like "I want to thank my hubby who understood and let me fish for two weeks all day every day while he made the meals and cleaned the litterbox" or somesuch.

We don't see those so much anymore.

What concerns me are those nutty stats on the Toon Platoon boards. Do they even HAVE that many stories in all of Toontown? I mean, how can it be that NONE of the bldgs they recoup are retaken after weeks? That's not right. But those toons are never on top toons for bldgs if you notice!

S

SSniffleslam

They don't take over the buildings - it's a glitch. You can do it on purpose, or it can happen on accident. My bear had a spinning gold star in NR for several weeks when I hadn't even logged on with her except to plant flowers. I just ignore the boards in the toon HQ's now when I'm in a busy district. They aren't accurate.